SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I love the Seventh Avenue Express.

I also love 7th avenue local!!!

Nah, Lexington's the way to go. :)

Nah, the flushing exp is the way to go. :(

When the (4)(5) and (6) lines are running without delays the service is amazing!!!! :tup:

8th Av Express rocks in my opinion. That's the real way to go. B)

6 Av Exp FTW!!

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone wonder why the (J) Doesn't Serve Fulton St ( The New Shiny, Great Station with a billion kajillion Transfers)

And Broad St, it's terminus every other time of the week even late nites, on weekends? It makes no sense because the weekends aren't down times. They should switch this service with late nite service.

Anyone wonder why the (J) Doesn't Serve Fulton St ( The New Shiny, Great Station with a billion kajillion Transfers)

And Broad St, it's terminus every other time of the week even late nites, on weekends? It makes no sense because the weekends aren't down times. They should switch this service with late nite service.

Probably because the (4) serves those stations nearby.

Posted: 09/08/2011 12:11AM

MTA Service Notice

Due to mechanical problems at the Chambers Street Station, uptown(1) train service is running express from the Chambers Street Station to the 14th Street Station.

Also, due to switch problems at the*137th Street-City College Station, uptown (1) train service is running express from the 96th Street Station to the 145th Street Station.

Please expect delays on the (1) train service at this time.

Since 2 parts of the (1) are express right now,I ask...Has anyone ever been on a (1) that did a real super express.(meaning express on every possible part of the line that it possible to be done)?

Guest lance25

I doubt the (1) has ever run through express service, but it did run express between 96 St and either Times Sq-42 St or 14 St as part of the first batch of emergency reroutes following the September 11th attacks.

So the R46 are returning to the (A)?? I only saw two sets of R32s and I rode one that came from Lefferts to 125th.

One I learned today, I had years that I had not riden the (L) train and I found out that the Wilson Avenue station is of 2 levels, the Rockaway Parkway Bound platform (upper level) is elevated and the 8th Avenue platform (lower level) is somewhat underground but technically it isn't because it is at street level. I probably think it's the only subway station that is structured that way.

Edited by alejr88
So I don't post again, I added another thought I learned today.

It takes some time to correct that, just like it look most of the summer for the (C) to become all R46. Things are NOT done overnight people. I had a (C) job yesterday and of the four half trips, three on a R46, the last one on a R32. There were a couple of R32 back on the (C) again. Along with all the other yard work and washes (which takes priority btw), to take a pair off all those 10 car 32s and make up more 8-car trains takes awhile. It was said the process would start around Labor Day, it never said it'll finish the very next day.

As you may remember, a few months ago, I posted a line map based on the summer service patterns not unlike the ones that used to be on the back in the 1980s and early '90s. Now, I've updated it for the reopening of the southbound platform at Cortlandt St and the completion of the Brighton rehab projects. I'm posting it here as I don't feel like digging around for the thread I created before.

Clickedy

Home > Current Service Status / Subways-JZ

Posted: 09/16/2011 3:44PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to NYPD activity, between the hours of 5:30pm - 12:00am, there will be no (J) train service in both directions from the Broad Street Station to the Fulton Street Station.

Please allow additional travel time.

Whats this about? And the (J) will terminate at Fulton or Chambers?

Bring back the Pelham shuttle (6).

Bring back the (Mx) via Brighton local.

Bring back the (R) via Astoria.

Bring back the (Q6Av) via 6 Av Express.

Bring back the (C) via Rockaway Park.

B)

Bring back the (S) Grand St Shuttle.

Bring back the (Mx) via Nassau St Local.

Bring back the (W) via West End.

Bring back the (S) 6 Av Shuttle.

B)

EDIT: Godamnit!! :(

Can you shatter these? B)

Bring back the (2) via Bronx thru express.

Bring back 24 hour service for the 42 St (S).

Bring back the (W) via 4 Av/West End local.

Bring back the demolished Jamaica elevated (J).

Bring back the Culver (S).

:cool:

I sure can :( B) except for the (W)!