SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25

As of this post:

• signal problems at Cypress Hills have knocked out the (J) and (Z) between Jamaica Ctr & Broadway Junction
  • a manhole fire at Sutter and Miller Avenues has suspended the (C) entirely and forced the (A) to run local in Brooklyn
  • and, while relatively minor considering, uptown (F) trains are bypasssing Ave U due to signal problems.

Guest lance25

Just a heads-up for folks using 71 St on the West End: southbound (D) trains will continue to bypass the station until late October, not just until this Friday.

Once the (B) Brighton Express is restored, I will head to Brooklyn. :cool::tup:

And don't assume it will be right after that big September GO, remember all the temporary plats that have to go down, tracks and signals being refurbished and restored, road testing, with some gap time for anything that may come up. These are the times where they can do things in this area that normally would fall on the backburner (and I dont mean station upgrades north of Newkirk).

Back on Tuesday, I think it was, I rode a PM Rush Hour (4) in service to New Lots Avenue. I think it was the same New Lots-bound (4) train I was on where all the passengers were booted off at Utica over a week ago, but I'm not sure (It was about a few minutes later, but all the trains seemed to be delayed a bit, so that could explain it)

There was a conductor switch at Utica, though. A fair amount of people got on there, although some people didn't get on; I guess they were content waiting for the (3) or something.

For no real reason other than the lulz, I decided I'm not going to use Avenue H (:P(Q) until the renovation is complete in about three weeks. 'Til then, I'll just use the (B8) :P

Yesterday I was out on the Rockaways and I saw 4 sets of R32 (A) trains going to Lefferts Blvd. I also saw 3 sets of R32's going to Mott Avenue. As I went to Broadway Junction, every (C) train I saw was an R46. So I was wondering if the (C) is now 100% R46s and the remaining R32's the (MTA) moved them to the A.