SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I just noticed...

By what I witnessed today, all of the (A)(C) & (S) had R46 & R32 on them.

The R32 that were on the Rockaway Pk Shuttle were signed up as (H) :cool:

If you want to see some pics, click my sig B).

I just did..:P

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was riding with my C/R whom did the (M) on his day off and we both witnessed a C/R on his cell phone @ Fresh Pond Road.....I guess he must missed the memo when that T/O on the (7) line that was his phone while operating a train and got into trouble over it....SMH!

Scary! I wouldn't want a conductor on his cellphone.

I forgot to tell ya, I ran into something on the (7)

I was taking the (7) to Grand Central to buy something in the store there, the # of the car I rode I think was 2117. So when I got out I got on a front car of another (7) train. When I arrived at Main St, there it was, 2117. So, I was like WOW! Then, when I saw the front car, 2010, I was suprised! I actually railfaned on 2010 near the end of 2010! I tell ya that was strange! :eek:

I have finally settled on a DSLR: Nikon D5100. I will have the money to buy it by March-April 2012. I will buy two lens to go along with it (one in march and the second between September-November 2012). I will buy the Nikon 70-300mm AF-S VR Zoom Lens in March when I get the D5100 body so that I can take outdoor shots. Between September-November 2012, I will get either a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens or a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Lens to go along with it so that I can take shots of moving trains underground. I cannot wait to get this stuff!

I have finally settled on a DSLR: Nikon D5100. I will have the money to buy it by March-April 2012. I will buy two lens to go along with it (one in march and the second between September-November 2012). I will buy the Nikon 70-300mm AF-S VR Zoom Lens in March when I get the D5100 body so that I can take outdoor shots. Between September-November 2012, I will get either a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Lens or a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Lens to go along with it so that I can take shots of moving trains underground. I cannot wait to get this stuff!

Good for you and what does this have to do with the subway...?

Lol, let the 'R32 on the (J)' speculation begin.

I forgot to tell ya, I ran into something on the (7)

I was taking the (7) to Grand Central to buy something in the store there, the # of the car I rode I think was 2117. So when I got out I got on a front car of another (7) train. When I arrived at Main St, there it was, 2117. So, I was like WOW! Then, when I saw the front car, 2010, I was suprised! I actually railfaned on 2010 near the end of 2010! I tell ya that was strange! :eek:

That's not really surprising. The (7) isn't that long, so if you are lucky enough you can catch the same train you rode a few hours ago.

Scary! I wouldn't want a conductor on his cellphone.

It's not like it's the t/o who's driving the train. The c/r is opening and closing the doors. You worry too much..

I wonder if that rusted bucket of rickety bolts is still on the (A). That R42 was really bucking violently, and I got nervous!

There was a s#!t load of R32's on the (A) today (about 6 sets to Rockaway Pk, 5 to lefferts, something like that).

btw, keep on the watchout at ENY yard. Theres an R32 there that is said to be there just for fixing-up. But at the last minute they might decide to run it on the (J) or (Z).

I used to pass by Coney Island Yard once a week, back when the R40s and R42s were still in service. I never knew that it was even a subway shop until last year, but now when I go over that bridge and under Neptune Av on the (F), I look to the right and see nothing but a sea of silver bland NTTs.

That's not really surprising. The (7) isn't that long, so if you are lucky enough you can catch the same train you rode a few hours ago.

Lol! I just was there for 10 minutes and I rode a different set and when I got to Main St, I noticed that the set I rode to Manhattan was the set in front of us!

Today during PM Rush Hour I was riding a (4) that was all signed up to go to New Lots Av (even the Countdown Clock labeled it as such) but of course the train went out of service at Utica instead. I wasn't all that surprised, because something similar happened to a (4) train interval at the end of AM Rush Hour. Anyway after the the train went out of service, the train sat on the express track for a good 3-4 minutes, leaving around the same time a (3) arrives. What gets me was that the 3-4 minutes spent sitting in Utica could have just been used staying in service to New Lots. (To clarify, the OOS (4) train did indeed switch to the local track once it left Utica)

Today during PM Rush Hour I was riding a (4) that was all signed up to go to New Lots Av (even the Countdown Clock labeled it as such) but of course the train went out of service at Utica instead. I wasn't all that surprised, because something similar happened to a (4) train interval at the end of AM Rush Hour. Anyway after the the train went out of service, the train sat on the express track for a good 3-4 minutes, leaving around the same time a (3) arrives. What gets me was that the 3-4 minutes spent sitting in Utica could have just been used staying in service to New Lots. (To clarify, the OOS (4) train did indeed switch to the local track once it left Utica)

There are a few (4) trains that go to New Lots rush hour during PM Rush hour. I wonder why yours all of a sudden ended at Utica.When did they announce that Utica would be the last stop? Oh and is the Beverly Rd Countdown clock on yet?

There are a few (4) trains that go to New Lots rush hour during PM Rush hour. I wonder why yours all of a sudden ended at Utica.When did they announce that Utica would be the last stop? Oh and is the Beverly Rd Countdown clock on yet?

1. The C/R first announced that Utica Av would be the last stop as we were travelling between Atlantic Av and Franklin Av.

2. Beverly Road is still not online yet. But I am curious as to why the New Lots-bound Countdown Clock at Utica Av almost always seems to only show the actual time.

Edited by Mysterious2train

Home > Current Service Status / Subways-BDFM

Posted: 08/12/2011 3:33PM

MTA Service Notice

Following an earlier incident at the West 8th Street-NY Aquarium Station, (F) train service has resumed with residual delays.

Due to a water condition at the 145th Street Station:

There is no (;) train service in both directions from the Bedford Park Boulevard Station to the Brighton Beach Station.

There is no (D) train service in both directions from the 145th Street Station to the 167th Street Station.

In addition, due to a train with mechanical problems at the 42nd Street-Bryant Park Station:

Downtown (F) trains are running on the express track between the 42nd Street-Bryant Park Station and the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station.

Metropolitan-bound (M) trains are running on the

(E) line between the 5th Avenue-53rd Street Station and the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station.

Please expect delays in(:) ,(D) ,(E) , (F) and(M) train service at this time.

A few things.

1. Earlier they said that (B) trains were were terminating at DeKalb.Is that is true how can it do that?

2.If there is no (B) running maybe the (M) can run express with the (D) and (F)?

Guest lance25

@Abba: It didn't say that trains were terminating at DeKalb Av. It said that there were no (;) trains running between 145 St and DeKalb Av. Unless the (MTA) specifically states that trains are terminating at such-and-such station, they're usually just rerouted somewhere else. Unlike when the (:) and (D) are rerouted via 8th Avenue/Culver to Coney Island, they can't get back to their usual lines if they're, for example, rerouted up Broadway to 57 St-7 Av or Ditmars Blvd.

Guest lance25
Anyone imagined how long the (M) would be if it EVER served Bedford Park Blvd, via 8th Av/Concourse Local? The (B) would replace the (M) as the Queens Blvd Local. :P

/random

Careful there buddy, you're sounding awfully a lot like another poster here with similar expansion ideas. B)