SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could the (A) be extended on Liberty Avenue beyond Lefferts Boulevard, and if so, might Merrick Boulevard in Jamaica make a good new terminal for the (A)?

Oh no no no no.....I live near Merrick Boulevard and it doesn't need no (A) line. I do not want to see that line extended over here!

'Twas half asleep on the (Q). I gained cognisance of where I was at Beverley Road. This women next to me tells me we're at Parkside Av. So I look around and indeed, we're actually at Beverley Rd. WTH was up with that? Did she intentionally mislead me or what? Granted, she was watching a baby (her son, I'm guessing) so she was probably just distracted.

Also, this is the second time that, at Atlantic-Pacific where the (D) and (N) are right across the platform and even though the (N) stops at Dekalb Ave, it still ends up beating the (D) across the bridge. Also, the T/O if the (D) train kept blowing the horn on the bridge, I think he was greeting all the other trains we encountered, but maybe he wasn't, because nobody else honked back :(

Earlier, I was walking (running lol) down the stairs at Broadway Junction cuz I didn't wanna wait for the (A)...as I'm comming down (I wason the right one) this dude flies by me (mind you, I'm going fast enough lol) on the left staircase on the phone. He gets to near the bottom and slips and slides down the rest of the stairs...let's just say his phone beat him down the stairs

Fast forward a few minutes later, the (A) train that pulls in says (W) to Canal St on the screen. Once we past Kingston-Throop, it went to the regular (A) to 207 St

How bout we put the entire subway and railroads on guideways??????????? I planned my own rte. lololololololololol

utf-8BaHVoLmpwZw.jpg

Anyone else notice how the (MTA) will retcon station names?

I.E.:

Gravesend - 86th St -> 86th St

Gravesend - Neck Road -> Neck Road

Parkchester - E 177th St -> Parkchester

Nereid Ave - 238th St -> Nereid Ave

I mean, sometimes station re-naming will have a big to-do about it (Jay St-Metrotech, Court Square-23rd St, Fulton St (A)(C)) But here the names were quietly changed (or in this case, shortened) like a comic book retcon :P

EDIT: Maybe I'm crazy, but was Neck Road ever called Gravesend-Neck Road? All the sources I've seen have called it just Neck Road.

I.E.:

I mean, sometimes station re-naming will have a big to-do about it (Jay St-Metrotech, Court Square-23rd St, Fulton St (A)(C)) But here the names were quietly changed (or in this case, shortened) like a comic book retcon B)

EDIT: Maybe I'm crazy, but was Neck Road ever called Gravesend-Neck Road? All the sources I've seen have called it just Neck Road.

Same with 2 Av...it doesn't say "Lower East Side-2 Av" anymore.

Come to think of it, on all the (L) trains, the display says "8 Av-14 St", but yet its only announced as "8 Avenue"

Guest lance25

I.E.:

I mean, sometimes station re-naming will have a big to-do about it (Jay St-Metrotech, Court Square-23rd St, Fulton St (A)(C)) But here the names were quietly changed (or in this case, shortened) like a comic book retcon B)

Same with 2 Av...it doesn't say "Lower East Side-2 Av" anymore.

Come to think of it, on all the (L) trains, the display says "8 Av-14 St", but yet its only announced as "8 Avenue"

The "Gravesend" and "Lower East Side" portions of the station names were dropped when they stopped being terminals for the (N) and (V) respectively, though the R160s announced Gravesend-86 St (or what sounded like "Grazin'-86 St" to me) until the last batch of AAS upgrades. "238 St" and "E 177 St" were dropped because Nereid Av is East 238 St and E 177 St doesn't exist where the Parkchester station is.

(M)/(V) combo will not be going through

"It has been decided that the MTA will not be going through the (M) after all. Instead, the (V) will remain as is, except it will end at 9:30 p.m. instead of midnight, rush hour (Mx) trains will terminate at Chambers Street, with every other rush hour (Mx) train heading to South Brooklyn (all (Mx) evening trains will still head to Broad Street), and the (W), as hoped, will be reduced to a rush hour-only route.

Good news for those who won't have to deal with such detrimental service cuts as they thought. Bad news for those who wanted the new (M) to come to light Oh well.... :("

Written by none other than... (not me) :(

(M)/(V) combo will not be going through

"It has been decided that the MTA will not be going through the (M) after all. Instead, the (V) will remain as is, except it will end at 9:30 p.m. instead of midnight, rush hour (Mx) trains will terminate at Chambers Street, with every other rush hour (Mx) train heading to South Brooklyn (all (Mx) evening trains will still head to Broad Street), and the (W), as hoped, will be reduced to a rush hour-only route.

Good news for those who won't have to deal with such detrimental service cuts as they thought. Bad news for those who wanted the new (M) to come to light Oh well.... :("

Written by none other than... (not me) :P

You're kidding right??

Today I rode on a Queens bound (N)ovember at Stillwell since it was going express on the (D) line. Once the train arrives on Bay Parkway, there was 3 stupid kids playing around and one of them hid on the tracks. The T/O saw this and notified the Tw/O of what was going on. The idiots were going to leave on the (N) but they ran away when they heard the T/O reporting them and just before train leaves, an R68 (D)elta arrives at the station and the T/O on the N was notifying the other T/O on the D of what was going on. The C/R finally closes the door on the N and we leave. The train was travelling sort of slow because of the yellow flags and the D that was on Bay Pkwy was travelling at the same speed heading to 20th Avenue and the kids were on the D train most likely running away from the cops who were notified. One of the passengers recognized the kid and then told the T/O of the N train that they were on car 2568 of the D. As the N ran past 20th Avenue on the express track, the D stopped there for a few minutes. Maybe the cops arrived and took those losers out of the system. Damn one of them could have died and would have caused a 12-9. :confused: If you want to be stupid and play around, go play with fire. Running around the station and on the tracks you are just asking for trouble. Such idiots in this world.

What do you think?

If you're talking to me then IDK. It seems odd that the (MTA) want to go back as how things were and now since people in Middle Village, Queens or those living by Myrtle Avenue in Brooklyn have a one seat train ride to 6th Avenue in Manhattan.