SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep seeing a 6500's R142 roaming the (4)... That was Unionport set so IDK why it was on the (4) with (4) strip maps.

This morning I spotted an R142A, not R142S on the (4) at Brooklyn Bridge. It had the (6) strip maps (in service :P), but It was SO crowded I couldn't get on or take a picture of the inside. So I only got the outside. The car #'s were 7316-7320 + 7630-7635 (or something that had a 763x).

Also, one more thing. What ever happened to that G.O. where select (6) trains terminate at 3 Av-138 St? I was waiting at Brooklyn Bridge-Chambers St for about 25 minutes and never got one. I wanted to get the announcements for it.

OH YEAH! I almost forgot...

I went 59 MPH going NB on an R46 (R) train going through the 59 St Tube. It went from Lexington Av-59 St to Queens Plaza in 2 minutes! :eek:

Edited by 4P3607

Guest lance25
I keep seeing a 6500's R142 roaming the (4)... That was Unionport set so IDK why it was on the (4) with (4) strip maps.

This morning I spotted an R142A, not R142S on the (4) at Brooklyn Bridge. It had the (6) strip maps (in service :P), but It was SO crowded I couldn't get on or take a picture of the inside. So I only got the outside. The car #'s were 7316-7320 + 7630-7635 (or something that had a 763x).

Also, one more thing. What ever happened to that G.O. where select (6) trains terminate at 3 Av-138 St? I was waiting at Brooklyn Bridge-Chambers St for about 25 minutes and never got one. I wanted to get the announcements for it.

1. If it's on the (4) line, it's probably going to have (4) strip maps. They don't want to confuse the passengers.

2. Probably just a put-in.

3. You probably should've waited on the north end of the Lexington Avenue line proper as RCC probably told the T/Os whether or not they were turning at 3 Av-138 St while en route.

betterr68a.jpg

I would like to see one of those someday.

pic is not mine.

Nowhere near as funny as someone sticking "wet" over the "Es-" in "Essex" or putting "Sex" instead of paint on the "Wet Paint" signs. The Facebook page that I saw it on is long gone, though....

Edited by Joel Up Front
Essex

Nowhere near as funny as someone covering the "Es-" in "Essex" or putting "Sex" instead of paint on the "Wet Paint" signs. The Facebook page that I saw it on is long gone, though....

Well I didn't even notice "wet pain", until now. I was more focused on R68 on the (A) part.

Nowhere near as funny as someone covering the "Es-" in "Essex" or putting "Sex" instead of paint on the "Wet Paint" signs. The Facebook page that I saw it on is long gone, though....

I currently have a picture of a sign on my computer that is the wet paint sign torn and saying "T PAIN", but It's lost :mad:.

Home > Current Service Status / Subways-ACE

Posted: 07/21/2011 5:18PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to crowd control at the Broad Channel Station, select downtown (A) trains will be running on the (S) line between the Broad Channel Station and Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Station.

Please allow additional travel time.

Whats this about?

Guest lance25

Some Far Rockaway-bound (A) trains were diverted to Rockaway Park for beach patrons. More people were obviously going that way than to Far Rockaway with these outrageous temperatures.

Guest lance25
Bring back the (Mx) via Nassau St/West End.

Bring back the old (V) via 6th Av/Queens Blvd.

Bring back the old (W) via Broadway/Astoria.

Bring back the (:( via West End.

Bring back the (D) via Brighton.

Bring back the 70(K) via Jamaica.

;)

R142A has the best air conditioning ever!! It is way quieter than those on the R142s. I also had the chance to ride the (R) via 6th Avenue local. Those trains were really empty, once it arrived at 34th-Herald Square, a lot of people got inside, maybe going to Queens obviously. Another note was that there was a lot of R46 out on the 8th Avenue line. Of course there are for (A) and (C) trains. I only saw an R32 (10 cars) that was running on the (A) and got inside and took it to 168 Street.