SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Oh (R) train, so you punch at 21 Street-Queensbridge to get to the BMT Broadway Line after 63rd and Lex. I thought a TW/O did that.

Tw/o does do the move, the punch is to let Queensboro know that you are indeed a (R). The other way for it to get back to its line in Brooklyn is for it to continue down 63/6Av, crossing over to the express tracks just before 47-50, between 42 and 34 or just below west 4th. Up and over the bridge and stop at Dekalb.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best fantasy proposals/extensions that I agree with: (J)/(Z) extension to 4th Ave/West End, revivlal of the <R> via Nassau St/4th Ave, (V) revival via Culver Local with the (F) as the Culver Express.

:P

The only way the (V) could come back now is if the (F) were to be made into a split service south of Jay St. Similar to the (Q)/<Q> service that ran on the Brighton Line from 2001 to 2004. But that won't happen because it would result in a loss of service to the busiest stations, which are the local stops between Jay and Church Ave.

The only way the (V) could come back now is if the (F) were to be made into a split service south of Jay St. Similar to the (Q)/<Q> service that ran on the Brighton Line from 2001 to 2004. But that won't happen because it would result in a loss of service to the busiest stations, which are the local stops between Jay and Church Ave.
Though this is irrelevant, 6th Ave was able to handle 3 express services prior to July 2001 with the (F) as the only local. (I think the (:( and (D) had reduced service because of the (Q6Av)... not sure.) Reducing both the (F) and (M) services in Manhattan to cram a possible (F) Brooklyn express wouldn't help Culver riders at all. Middle Village residents won't give up the (M) at all for obvious reasons.

I'm guessing someone was in "schoolcar" today, well technically yesterday, on the 4 train. there were 2 ppl in the cab and one looked kinda young. But I believe it was near the 174th st station that was partially overshot. The first door of the headcar had no platform! Fortunately not many ppl were on the train this morning, no one was getting off there, and it was bright daylight. Some one could have had a nasty fall. I hope the 2 operators in there didnt get in too much trouble over it, but after that stop, they started pulling into the stations a lot slower. (Hopefully that was no one from these forums):confused:

Edited by poughkipsee
typos and corrections

I'm guessing someone was in "schoolcar" today, well technically yesterday, on the 4 train. there were 2 ppl in the cab and one looked kinda young. But I believe it was the 174th st station that was partially overshot. The first door of the headcar had no platform! Fortunately not many ppl were on the train at 1030 something in the morning, no one was getting off there, and it was bright daylight. Some one could have plummeted way down to street level. I wasnt quick enough with my phone to get the picture. I hope the 2 operstors in there didnt get in too much trouble over it, but after that stop, they started pulling into the stations a lot slower. (Hopefully that was no one from these forums):confused:

That's why you have to be vague with what you're saying. I heard that the TA read these forums from time to time. I wouldn't want to be the reason why a grown man with a family has been given a suspension or worst - lose his job.

That's why you have to be vague with what you're saying. I heard that the TA read these forums from time to time. I wouldn't want to be the reason why a grown man with a family has been given a suspension or worst - lose his job.

Or better yet, keep it to yourself. Some random thoughts are better not even being said. Especially now with ATS and NTT you gave them a station and time, that's actually enough information to peg down an interval and BAM! I do miss the late PM and midnite runs where typically newer train operators would be on the rails and MOVING them trains and sometimes every now and again a door panel would be out or overshot the [10] and the customers would turn the other way or just head to the doors that are open (pre-enabler trains the T/O would just stand in front the door panel), just grateful that they got a fast crew trying to clear or make those local station stops bearable.

Now its snap snap snap ooooh lookie here (and straight online or straight on here or subchat or wherever. Now the customers turned what would have been a slap on the wrist into a major suspension because it was not called in. It IS easier to just come out the cab and cut out a door panel or two instead of going through the whole key open door process. So, in the future, keep all infractions you see to yourself, or if you must vent, keep it so vague that management has nothing to go on. Thank you :(

Guest lance25

Outside of the erroneous hyphen in there, what's wrong with the advisory? Signal problems at Broadway Junction are causing delays on the Brooklyn-bound (J) trains. Though which direction, if it isn't both, should be noted, but I guess if it isn't resolved soon, the situation will probably lead to delays in both directions anyhow.

Yeah, that's the problem I was having. I was like Brooklyn bound (J) trains? But Broadway Junction is in Brooklyn. My thought was they probably meant the MANHATTAN bound trains and not the trains headed to Queens but whatever. Then again, it probably could be delays on both directions.

Guest lance25

I wouldn't. Those periwinkle seats are one of the few things I don't like about the NTTs and the fact that they've been spreading onto the older trains is a bit of a bummer. I understand why they chose one color for all replacement seats, but why couldn't they choose a better color, like the dark blue on the PA5s? But hey, that's just my personal opinion.