SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, so what was it used for?

If you look at google maps:

https://goo.gl/maps/0FuPs

It just looks like the yard leads used to be four+ tracks. The deck there is surely wide enough for 4, maybe more. 

Although, looking at the 1951 Aerial photo i don't see any evidence of that.

The 1921 aerial doesn't have much detail, but it looks almost like what's currently an elevated structure used to be at ground level.

http://maps.nyc.gov/doitt/nycitymap/?z=10&p=1011459,262727&c=GIS1924&f=SUBWAY 

Either way, still no spur. 

BTW, yesterday seemed like there were a lot more R160s on the (R) than usual. Usually I catch 0-2 sets on average, yesterday caught 2 in a row in the morning and 2 others somewhere.

I usually catch 4-6

EDIT: I GO ON THE QBL 6 DAYS A WEEK NOT COUNTING SHABBAT

Edited by Union Tpke

BTW, yesterday seemed like there were a lot more R160s on the (R) than usual. Usually I catch 0-2 sets on average, yesterday caught 2 in a row in the morning and 2 others somewhere.

I didn't see any R46s on the (R) today and I was only at 59 Street for about 15 min today (not saying there isn't any on the (R) today).

So somebody broke into a R68 and changed it to a (V)? How is that even possible?

Simple. During overnight hours, vandals go out and change everything, they steal keys or buy/make keys nd spend minutes changing rollsigns/ LED it to whatever they want (i.g. R68 (E) , R46 (J) , R160 (G) )

Edited by Priincenene

Simple. During overnight hours, vandals go out and change everything, they steal keys or buy/make keys nd spend minutes changing rollsigns/ LED it to whatever they want (i.g. R68 (E) , R46 (J) , R160 (G) )

I though R160's we're suppose to be Break-In Proof.

And how exactly do they get in? Do they make keys or break open a window?

I though R160's we're suppose to be Break-In Proof.

And how exactly do they get in? Do they make keys or break open a window?

IDK Exactly Ive seen vids on YouTube & FB that shows proof that's how I know the answers to your questions. Like I said, KEYS. Make em or Steal them. Of course Nbody can just go and break a window, they vandal-proof. They break in when the T/O leaves at the terminal station.