SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Not really. They do have enough R160s to make both (N) and (Q) 100% of those. Remember, the (F) fleet still has a few R46s left. They just throw an R68 or R68A on the (N) and (Q) at random. That's all. Just a note, that these cars aren't taken from neither the (B) nor (G). Sometimes, a spare train must run if there are enough trains for revenue rush hour service. Let's say if an 3 sets of R160s are at the shop for repair, then yeah.

Actually the (N) uses 2 sets or more during the weekdays officially now due to the R160 SMS

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of, why did they get rid of the Annie Bergen announcements?

I have no real idea. It could be due to the eventual opening of the 34th St station, along with the name change of Willets Point-Shea Stadium to Mets-Willets Point. I just wish they replaced the entire 7-line announcement package instead of this hodgepodge of different announcers being used on one line, some times within the same sentence.

Back after the days of 9/11 (I do not want to bring back bad memories) why was the  (R) suspended and the  (J) got extended to Bay Ridge? Was the  (G) extended to 71 Ave to bring service back for the  (R) or was it not the only line affected on what happened (other then the  (1) )?

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/calcagno-2001-09-17.gif

The most notable changes were the (J) to Bay Ridge and (M) to Coney Island. I believe the (1) also ran to New Lots

With the collapse of the Twin Towers, any line that ran near the World Trade Center was either suspended or rerouted away from the affected area. Among the reroutes, the J was extended to 95 St and the Q was extended to Forest Hills, both of which to replace the R. For more details, check out this page, which describes all of the service changes following the attacks. Scroll down for it.

In the connection to the (1) storage yard, it seems as if the structure connection was built that it had a elevated line running through it since the structure does not make any sense. Any help solving this?

This is what I mean it may be a little hard to see, but it seems as if a line ran over the field:

image.jpg1_zpsglwwlblo.jpg

We'll they removed the walls of the station and now you can see through and it looks like its 35% done. Wasn't it suppose to open in 2014?

The (7) extension was supposed to open in 2014, and here we are in 2015, still waiting for it.

Point is, corlandt's opening likely got delayed and might get delayed once more in the future.