• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught 4888 on the S46 today...rode it from Clove Road to Port Richmond Avenue. I was on an Orion Third Gen on the S54 I caught at Richmond/Hylan and checked BusTime on my phone to see if there were any gaps on any of the North Shore routes, but I checked the S46 and 4888 was heading to Forest/Grandview so I decided to hop on for a short ride. From there I took the S59 to the S79...both Orion 5s. Good way to end my day. :cool:

I originally was at Saint George at 3:30 to find an Xcelsior and one was getting ready to start on the S51, but then I saw my B/O friend with an Orion 5 on the S74 and I decided to hop on his bus to the Transit Center where he dropped out. So today went pretty well.

Caught 4888 on the S46 today...rode it from Clove Road to Port Richmond Avenue. I was on an Orion Third Gen on the S54 I caught at Richmond/Hylan and checked BusTime on my phone to see if there were any gaps on any of the North Shore routes, but I checked the S46 and 4888 was heading to Forest/Grandview so I decided to hop on for a short ride. From there I took the S59 to the S79...both Orion 5s. Good way to end my day. :cool:

I originally was at Saint George at 3:30 to find an Xcelsior and one was getting ready to start on the S51, but then I saw my B/O friend with an Orion 5 on the S74 and I decided to hop on his bus to the Transit Center where he dropped out. So today went pretty well.

Out of curiosity, how'd you get from the ETC to the S54? You walked to Giffords Lane?

Sat in the back of the O7 3g on the B6 today. I really like that seat pair on top of the wheel well. I can see everything from there and at least know the person behind me is lower and feet can't reach my feet (kicking etc). I love the 3g interior over the Nova lfs. Have yet to ride the Xcelsioers, but as I see more of them it's just a matter of time till i get a ride on one.

Saw both of my stalkers on the B35 last night...but on the flip side, I finally saw 230 close enough to snap a picture

Sat in the back of the O7 3g on the B6 today. I really like that seat pair on top of the wheel well. I can see everything from there and at least know the person behind me is lower and feet can't reach my feet (kicking etc). I love the 3g interior over the Nova lfs. Have yet to ride the Xcelsioers, but as I see more of them it's just a matter of time till i get a ride on one.

I can't even fit in those seats...I gotta sit sideways in all those seats in the back

That is true. If you (in general) are the one sitting on the outside you will likely have to sit sideways. I don't understand after all these years why the MTA thinks bucket seats are so good. They should add 'armrest space' so at least ppl are a bit spread out (people have arms). Obviously they would need to make it a 1x2 seating at the back or sacrifice aisle space to keep the 2x2 seating.

Yeah I sat in that seat when I rode the S54 yesterday. I do wish the seating was in a U-shaped pattern like the NGs though...lots of aisle room.

Honestly, I'm thrilled. finally the new buses are going back to the 2x2 rear section seating style. People just don't move to the back of the bus to stand anyway and the space was better filled with more seats. Someone at the MTA finally got it right!

I think they would be better off having the seats facing the way those NGs are done in the back with the subway style seating. The 2x2 seats leaves very little aisle room and if the bus gets crowded it is almost impossible to get through. Me and a big white dude were on a packed bus on the M4 and the poor guy tried his best to move to the side to let me through and folks were literally squashed. I don't even know how I got through. lol

I think they would be better off having the seats facing the way those NGs are done in the back with the subway style seating. The 2x2 seats leaves very little aisle room and if the bus gets crowded it is almost impossible to get through. Me and a big white dude were on a packed bus on the M4 and the poor guy tried his best to move to the side to let me through and folks were literally squashed. I don't even know how I got through. lol
Riding the low floor buses for years now and I can say that it's almost reluctantly that people goes to the back. It's as if people are forced against their will to go there. I have no problems standing back there, but I have to force my way thru the front to get back there. The 2x2 for the back makes sense. If anything, they could make the front 1x1 since that's where the majority prefers to stand.

Riding the low floor buses for years now and I can say that it's almost reluctantly that people goes to the back. It's as if people are forced against their will to go there. I have no problems standing back there, but I have to force my way thru the front to get back there. The 2x2 for the back makes sense. If anything, they could make the front 1x1 since that's where the majority prefers to stand.

lol... Very true... I think people see the stairs and they automatically get frightened or something. It also seems to act as a "separating" line between the back of the bus and the front of the bus in which you'll have hooligans and such in the back so that's part of it too. I prefer the seats to be like they are in the subway on the back of the bus because it allows for tall folks like myself to have ample leg room as well.

I remember last year around this time on the S53 (Orion 7 btw) I had to open the back door to get to the back because the bus was so friggin crammed. I was already in the front but that wasn't flying so I opened the back door and got a seat.

On a side note, today went pretty well. Rode three Xcelsiors in one day, which is a first for me (first on the S54, then the S40, and finally the S76).

Apparently St. Joseph's By the Sea (a Catholic High School at Wendy Drive/Hylan Boulevard) was open today and there were school trippers on the S78 from the school. There was an Orion Third Gen on the S78 that I tracked usin BusTime on my iPhone and my friends and I ended up missing it because the S76 we were on made a stop at Milll Road/New Dorp Lane. I hate that the bus stop is so far from Hylan Boulevard, just because the New Dorp High School entrance is located there. They need to adjust that. Either way, I can't complain. I ended up waiting for an Orion 5 on the S79 back to Brooklyn. Thankfuly, no NG hybrids today. :cool: But strangely, I didn't ride any Novas today.

I remember last year around this time on the S53 (Orion 7 btw) I had to open the back door to get to the back because the bus was so friggin crammed. I was already in the front but that wasn't flying so I opened the back door and got a seat.

On a side note, today went pretty well. Rode three Xcelsiors in one day, which is a first for me (first on the S54, then the S40, and finally the S76).

Apparently St. Joseph's By the Sea (a Catholic High School at Wendy Drive/Hylan Boulevard) was open today and there were school trippers on the S78 from the school. There was an Orion Third Gen on the S78 that I tracked usin BusTime on my iPhone and my friends and I ended up missing it because the S76 we were on made a stop at Milll Road/New Dorp Lane. I hate that the bus stop is so far from Hylan Boulevard, just because the New Dorp High School entrance is located there. They need to adjust that. Either way, I can't complain. I ended up waiting for an Orion 5 on the S79 back to Brooklyn. Thankfuly, no NG hybrids today. :cool: But strangely, I didn't ride any Novas today.

Yeah, that's happened to me a few times on the S46. Everybody crammed themselves into the front, so I went in the back and was actually able to get a seat.

And why are you glad you caught 3 Xcelsiors? Are you cheating on your favorite bus type now? :(

Yeah, that's happened to me a few times on the S46. Everybody crammed themselves into the front, so I went in the back and was actually able to get a seat.

And why are you glad you caught 3 Xcelsiors? Are you cheating on your favorite bus type now? :(

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lolllllllllllllllllllll

Yeah, and the Prevosts leaves them POS MCI's in the dust. that's why we still have Orion 5s and RTS' from 1995-1996 still in service whereas your 1998-199 MCIs are going bye-bye. Prevost > MCI

Yeah I went there....

lol.... Not really... Like I said, the MCIs eat up far more mileage than the Orion 5s... You can't even compare the MCIs to the Orions... The Orions take a backseat to the MCI at all times.