BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told you there is NO SUCH thing as switching something on or off. You can't switch LBSS on or off, it goes to the service center and they do it by a computer or something or the depot can do it too. This bus does not have LBSS my guess is they want to try it out with the B500R6 transmission instead of the B400R6. They put LBSS on these buses anyway to slow them down thats exactly why, fairfax's xcelsiors dont have this and im sure they dont know what the hell it is either.

Actually, you could turn the LBSS on/off by hitting the "mode" button on the shift pad

...but then again, this is the MTA we talking about and they disabled that option so the LBSS is always on

Actually, you could turn the LBSS on/off by hitting the "mode" button on the shift pad

...but then again, this is the MTA we talking about and they disabled that option so the LBSS is always on

Yeah your right I forgot about that mode option. They should just leave them off but they want to so called " save fuel "

There are "mode" buttons on the shift pad? Last time I sat in the drivers seat of 4710, I could had sworn that I saw only D N S on the shift pad.

And LBSS is activated on buses for fuel economy reasons, not to control the speed of the bus.

There are "mode" buttons on the shift pad? Last time I sat in the drivers seat of 4710, I could had sworn that I saw only D N S on the shift pad.

And LBSS is activated on buses for fuel economy reasons, not to control the speed of the bus.

Yeah theres a mode button, they didnt activate LBSS for fuel economy. Well that's what they said .... They did this to slow these buses down with speed. They turned these prevosts down as low as they can go and they still operate like a bat out of hell... If this fuel economy was the case then they would've did these with fairfax's xcelsiors... I spoke to a mechanic and he said they did this to slow these buses down they just use the term fuel economy as an excuse. Your really not saving any fuel.

Yeah theres a mode button, they didnt activate LBSS for fuel economy. Well that's what they said .... They did this to slow these buses down with speed. They turned these prevosts down as low as they can go and they still operate like a bat out of hell... If this fuel economy was the case then they would've did these with fairfax's xcelsiors... I spoke to a mechanic and he said they did this to slow these buses down they just use the term fuel economy as an excuse. Your really not saving any fuel.

I don't think there is a mode button on 4710....when I rode it and saw the driver's dash, I didn't see it.

Saw a few sightings on the Van Wyck.

1245 and 1250 heading back to Manhattan from who knows where and saw 2251 heading to QV earlier today empty with NYCT BUS programs. I wonder what happened.

Edited by Cait Sith

I don't think there is a mode button on 4710....when I rode it and saw the driver's dash, I didn't see it.

1245 and 1250 heading back to Manhattan from who knows where and saw 2251 heading to QV earlier today empty with NYCT BUS programs. I wonder what happened.

It was sitting alone in the depot today, It didn't go on its run.

DSC_0171wc.jpg

(Yes this is today during rush hour @6PM )

DSC_0171wc.jpg

I saw it around 4:30-5ish or so on the Van Wyck heading back up empty as I was walking to the Jamaica-Van Wyck Station. It was out earlier but looked like it came back in early.

Edited by Cait Sith

I saw it around 4:30-5ish or so on the Van Wyck heading back up empty as I was walking to the Jamaica-Van Wyck Station. It was out earlier but looked like it came back in early.

Oh wow. Well Run 2 had a different bus today. I saw the driver get off a 2800

DSC_0171wc.jpg

*Dialogue Time*

#2806: What makes this guy so special? <_<

#2924: He's "neeeeeeewww"! :rolleyes:

#2806: ugh! :angry:

#2251: Keep talking guys. It's talk like that is why you guys might be gone soon enough. ^_^

#2806 & 2624: And where going outside in the yard now.......! :blink:

#2251: That's what I thought! B-)

Edited by NovaCSW8030

*Dialogue Time*

#2806: What makes this guy so special? <_<

#2924: He's "neeeeeeewww"! :rolleyes:

#2806: ugh! :angry:

#2251: Keep talking guys. It's talk like that is why you guys might be gone soon enough. ^_^

#2806 & 2624: And where going outside in the yard now.......! :blink:

#2251: That's what I thought! B-)

Ironic enough both those buses went out to the fuel line and then moved around the depot lol, well 2806

Edited by dmouse

And for those who kept claiming to see 4899, you were all drunk.

It was never delivered, it's getting the NaviStar MaxxForce EPA-2010 engine. Bus TO BE delivered in January 2013

Well someone will be crushed to hear.

Also, Is that piece of crap up to date regarding emission standards? I've heard and seen from personal experience that the engine is a PITA to work on, mainly due to it being an EGR engine.

Well someone will be crushed to hear.

Also, Is that piece of crap up to date regarding emission standards? I've heard and seen from personal experience that the engine is a PITA to work on, mainly due to it being an EGR engine.

Well, it is EPA-2010 compliant, so yep.

And for those who kept claiming to see 4899, you were all drunk.

It was never delivered, it's getting the NaviStar MaxxForce EPA-2010 engine. Bus TO BE delivered in January 2013

My DD12... Although NaviStars have some connection to DD Series engines, don't they?

Edited by MHV9218

My DD12... Although NaviStars have some connection to DD Series engines, don't they?

I believe they do(I could be wrong), I know they have a connection with Caterpillar as well as IIRC, Caterpillar supplies parts for Navistar.

Edited by Cait Sith

In essence, it's mostly a rebranded Detroit Diesel Series 50 EGR. Not exactly, but similar. Some of SF MUNI's 436's are getting rehabbed with this engine.

There's suppose to be 2 buses from 126th helping with the Rockaway shuttles, as well as 2 Gleason