BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just feel that it would give them a more tougher look. 

I get what you're saying, it'd be killer if they brought back the old scheme with the black as well.

since tmrw is the new pick, is it true that Charleston is opening full time so, lines like the X17, S74 and 78 wont need to be split?

That is true.

nice what were you doing out there anyways?

and i guess charleston is back to full depot 7 day operations status?

I live a half a block away from the Q64 so I was able to see it.

Why would they run a depot weekdays only anyway especially when Yukon is not doing so good?

Edited by College Pt Man

Why would they run a depot weekdays only anyway especially when Yukon is not doing so good?

They thought they could "save" money by closing it on weekends, but soon realized it didn't work like they thought especially when Yukon had to borrow some of CH's NGs on some weekends or use MCI's/Prevosts for local service.

They thought they could "save" money by closing it on weekends, but soon realized it didn't work like they thought especially when Yukon had to borrow some of CH's NGs on some weekends or use MCI's/Prevosts for local service.

Smh...Yukon...i remember seeing 4449 and 4437 on the S74 during the closure.

No. You still need a ticket.

Wouldn't it work though? Like if I got off a local B44 at Kings Highway and when buying the ticket, won't it say 'Free Transfer' on the machine? Or will it really charge me again.

Same goes for vice versa when going from a SBS to a local?

Yukon really needs to get better I feel as if they are worst than LGA. I've been on 3 Orion V's that broke down and they came from Yukon. They are just overwhelmed with routes just like LGA and they even had to use MCI's on there local routes. I have never heard of any transit operator putting express buses on there local routes because they were short or there buses were being fixed.

How feasible would something like http://images.travelpod.com/tw_slides/ta00/af8/e32/pak-tam-chung-bus-stop-hong-kong.jpg be on a city sidewalk?

It's a bus stop with a railing to divide people into separate lines for whatever buses are coming; there aren't really any good pictures of this, and this is the best I could find.