3872 just crashed and I was on it

MHV9218

Driver of the SUV was laughing on her phone after the crash. No, woman, you do not laugh when you just caused a bus to hit somebody...

People like that deserve to have their license taken away....at the least that's worth an ass whooping!

Glad to hear you're ok.

Friggin' Jersey drivers!

I'm NOT surprised AT ALL!

I never really understood why Jersey drivers have such a bad reputation.

Just to make myself clear, i don't want to hear anything like "They suck" or anything like that. Im just asking since i've never been there.

not all jersey drivers are bad its just the idiots portion that drives bad and its the same thing when NY drivers come to Jersey and other states because they're use to how they drive in their state cause i almost got in a bus accident when a car just cut off in front of it making a turn lucky it was a Nabi and the Brake was good but if it was a older bus then it would be a head on collision but road rage people shouldnt be allowed on the road

not all jersey drivers are bad its just the idiots portion that drives bad and its the same thing when NY drivers come to Jersey and other states because they're use to how they drive in their state cause i almost got in a bus accident when a car just cut off in front of it making a turn lucky it was a Nabi and the Brake was good but if it was a older bus then it would be a head on collision but road rage people shouldnt be allowed on the road

In that case i see how it is. It's the same thing here. Almost. Over here all drivers seem to think the rest are idiots and that they, no matter what they do, are the good ones. Heck, they even think pedestrians are idiots for following the rules and laws.

I spend a lot of time in NJ, and i can tell you not all of their drivers are bad ones, but the small portion that are maniacs, really tend to stand out due to the mind numbing way they behave behind the wheel. Several NY plates here in PA have acted like d***weeds changing lanes with no signals or changing lanes through an intersection (both illegal) as well as cutting people off just to be the first one to the red light. There are bad drivers all over the place. To get your license you should be required to pass a defensive driving course and take a road etiquette class, and instead of one test & you are set for life, re-test every 2 years.

Driving is a privilege, and driving your own vehicle not related to work is really a frivolous luxury. Also i hear so much about gas prices, when the reason gas prices are so high is because people can't have self control in how much gas they use, and complain about roads when the gas tax is not enough to cover road maintenance.

It's a lose-lose situation for all parties. More skills, less use of fuel, more taxes on fuel might also lower the number of miles people drive, indirectly cutting down on stupidity incidents.

- A

I spend a lot of time in NJ, and i can tell you not all of their drivers are bad ones, but the small portion that are maniacs, really tend to stand out due to the mind numbing way they behave behind the wheel. Several NY plates here in PA have acted like d***weeds changing lanes with no signals or changing lanes through an intersection (both illegal) as well as cutting people off just to be the first one to the red light. There are bad drivers all over the place. To get your license you should be required to pass a defensive driving course and take a road etiquette class, and instead of one test & you are set for life, re-test every 2 years.

I like the way you think, mister!

Driving is a privilege, and driving your own vehicle not related to work is really a frivolous luxury. Also i hear so much about gas prices, when the reason gas prices are so high is because people can't have self control in how much gas they use, and complain about roads when the gas tax is not enough to cover road maintenance.

True. I could not agree more.

It's a lose-lose situation for all parties. More skills, less use of fuel, more taxes on fuel might also lower the number of miles people drive, indirectly cutting down on stupidity incidents.

- A

Sure is. Drive carefully and save yourself some gas money.

That is crazy.

That happened to me, too, but not accident.

On Triboro Q53 Bus Ride, northbound bus was about to make right turn from Beach 116th St to Newport Av, only to be cut off by black car bursting out from gas station caused Triboro B/O to screech his bus to avoid hitting that car.

When I was coming from library on Springfield Blvd, I was standing on crowded Q6 Hybrid (not NG days) and as bus approach Atlantic Av, female car driver made illegal right turn from middle lane, and my right leg got hit on one of hybrid thing that stands bet. front door and disable seats.

When I was on northbound Q10 Limited along Lefferts Blvd near Kew Garden Station, car cut off bus, went on oncoming lane, jump red light.

When I was on Q65 Limited northbound, car coming from gas station cut of the bus, causing B/O to halt.

Recently.

After Q72 passed Long Term Parking Lot #1, car driver cut off the bus, causing B/O to halt.

When I was on nortbound M2 LTD, just as bus was pulling into 79th St bus stop, taxi front of us stop at bus stop immediately front of us, and bus hit the taxi.

Good to hear you're ok!

As for the B/O I wish him the best as now the MTA's gonna be all over him for this accident.

My sentiments exactly they use the Dupont System which is "the Gold Standard" it basically says no perfessional operator is supposed to ever be involved in an accident they can eat shit and swallow their hearts

I would have taken the car out I mean he's going to be charged with an accident anyway but you said he also knocked that lady down I would hope she doesn't have any internal injuries stupid of her not to go to the hospital and lastly in order to get a bus to stop in a situation like that you dont mash the brakes once hoping that the bus will stop you have to pump the brakes and you never swerve

• 2 weeks later...
Well it's funny, cause that was the decision he had to make. The idiot in the car had already cut him off, so it was the B/O's decision to take out the side of the car (and hard) or swerve into the pole. He choose to swerve.

I watched the whole scene from the back, it was clearly the SUV's fault. When we finally hit the pole, having been on the brakes, just a weird scene.

Driver of the SUV was laughing on her phone after the crash. No, woman, you do not laugh when you just caused a bus to hit somebody...

I absolutely HATE snobs like that. And we have plenty of them. Next time she wont be laughing...:mad:

Archived