Sneak-Sleep: TA station agent caught asleep at "F" line 18th Avenue station in Brooklyn

Shortline Bus

MTA agent's sneak-sleep

By REUVEN BLAU

NY Post Reporter

April 10, 2011

"This station agent should be working on the Zzzzzz line.

The Post witnessed this unidentified station-booth clerk catching some winks at the 18th Avenue F train stop in Brooklyn at 4 a.m. Wednesday.

Station agents, who earn up to $26.73 an hour, are paid an extra $1.23 an hour to work between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.

The snoozing agent is under investigation.

"It goes without saying that such behavior will not be tolerated by MTA New York City Transit and it is deeply disturbing to us," spokeswoman Deirdre Parker said.

The union has steadfastly defended its members caught conked-out, arguing that many of them have been forced to work double shifts due to lack of staff.

This was taken at F train 18th Ave in Brooklyn stop at 4 a.m. The MTA laid off more than 200 station agents last year to cut costs."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/mta_agent_sneak_sleep_JKeEIzQLYyz9NIXNE57TmO#ixzz1J8rKkkh7

some people are such f*****s.. I mean really, whos f*****g business is it to go around snapping pics of station agents sleeping. I have been riding the train for 30 years and never have done it even though I see them sleeping all of the time. Its not easty working late night shifts and having to stay awake in the day time running errands or dealing with family and the rest of the world that functions during the day.

I used to work 12 hour shifts from 7 pm to 7 am and it aint easy trying to force yourself to sleep when the sun is up. It got so bad I had to black out the windows in my room to make it like a cave.

People are pathetic rats.. Mind your own ******* business and stop snapping pics and ratting people out!

I want to destroy these fecking snitches that report MTA workers slacking to the ****ing news. That's like going to the Chinese government to report a dissident.

Seriously, a light knock on the window isn't enough? You have to make an ass out of everyone and report them to the tabloids?

Unlike you guys I don't think our tax dollars should be used to pay people $28 an hour to sleep.

Oh so you pay taxes huh..... Well volunteer your ass to help the homeless and mind your f n neck. Peeps like you that snap pics then run like a bitchhh and tattletail.

MESSINO FOR Prez

JOEL IS UP FRONT ON a great note

Another idiot that should be minding there own damn business. The general public are such pain in the asses and have nothing better to do. I bet any amount of money that person would be crying like a little girl if someone snapped a pic of them at there job doing something stupid.

I worked nights too for a while and it is rough, so I can see how this guy fell asleep, BUT had something actually happened while this person was sleeping everyone would be out to get his neck. I do agree that $28.00 is nice compensation to sleep. I don't think he should've been ratted on but such is life.

everyone slacks off no matter what job they have but its a horror to see a mta worker doing what they just finished doing. if i took a picture of everyone slacking off at their jobs and posted it on a site all hell would break loose. god forbid a retail worker get caught on the phone instead of helping a customer.

I dont wanna give a shout out to Hudson River on this one

Who is Hudson River:eek:? Anyhow this was a news story and thus reason I posted it. This agent is not the first and probably not the last to get 'snitched' on by the media. This also goes into the bigger question in this fiscal crisis does the (MTA) really need station agents 24/7 at all 400-plus stations.

Who is Hudson River:eek:? Anyhow this was a news story and thus reason I posted it. This agent is not the first and probably not the last to get 'snitched' on by the media. This also goes into the bigger question in this fiscal crisis does the (MTA) really need station agents 24/7 at all 400-plus stations.

Station agents argued that they were needed because they were the "eyes and ears" of the system should something go wrong. This guy doesn't help that argument very much, so like you said, do we really need them around? Maybe not.

Station agents argued that they were needed because they were the "eyes and ears" of the system should something go wrong. This guy doesn't help that argument very much, so like you said, do we really need them around? Maybe not.

You do need agents at mega stations like Times sq/Port Authority, Penn Station, Union Sq and Jackson Heights/74th & Broadway 24/7. Not saying I endorese it but maybe stations lightly used at night such as those on the Rockaway Park line for instance should be closed between 12 Midnight-6am daily.

MTA agent's sneak-sleep

By REUVEN BLAU

NY Post Reporter

April 10, 2011

"This station agent should be working on the Zzzzzz line.

The Post witnessed this unidentified station-booth clerk catching some winks at the 18th Avenue F train stop in Brooklyn at 4 a.m. Wednesday.

Station agents, who earn up to $26.73 an hour, are paid an extra $1.23 an hour to work between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.

The snoozing agent is under investigation.

"It goes without saying that such behavior will not be tolerated by MTA New York City Transit and it is deeply disturbing to us," spokeswoman Deirdre Parker said.

The union has steadfastly defended its members caught conked-out, arguing that many of them have been forced to work double shifts due to lack of staff.

This was taken at F train 18th Ave in Brooklyn stop at 4 a.m. The MTA laid off more than 200 station agents last year to cut costs."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/mta_agent_sneak_sleep_JKeEIzQLYyz9NIXNE57TmO#ixzz1J8rKkkh7

Isn't this type of story old news already? I mean everyone slacks off at their job. But when ever it's a TA employee specifically a station agent it makes front page news?. I'm not making an excuse for this guy, but when I've worked nights I would literally see people walk in my station at night and keep looking in the booth to see if I was gonna fall asleep. I feel people that waste their time snapping photos of people sleeping and selling it to the papers are just jealous scum bags that wish they made the money we make. All of these stupid stories come out every time we get a contract raise, and the S/A is always the scape goat cause we're usually the first TA employee the public can see.

That's the problem with camera phones these days. You never know when they are taking pics/vids of you just because they can. And then god knows what they do with them when they send it out online. Way worse than 'candid camera'.

Another idiot that should be minding there own damn business. The general public are such pain in the asses and have nothing better to do. I bet any amount of money that person would be crying like a little girl if someone snapped a pic of them at there job doing something stupid.

Exactly, like that guy that took a vid of that (7) t/o. Rather than to be a man and knock on the door to get the t/o to put the phone away, he instead took a vid and sent it out and made himself some sort of 'safety advocate'. Total bull. Such people lack the 'balls' to confront the person and choose to be snitches. What a coward .

>The Post witnessed this unidentified station-booth clerk catching some winks at the 18th Avenue F train stop in Brooklyn at 4 a.m. Wednesday.

>18th Avenue F train stop in Brooklyn at 4 a.m. Wednesday.

>Brooklyn at 4 a.m. Wednesday.

>4 a.m.

Wouldn't you be f*cking tired at 4am? The night does things to people.

Another employee that's gonna be fired because some douchebag wanted 15 minutes of fame. I'm pretty sure alot of people have done something bad on the job. How would you like it if someone were right behind you to report your every mistake? Think about that.

That's the problem with camera phones these days. You never know when they are taking pics/vids of you just because they can. And then god knows what they do with them when they send it out online. Way worse than 'candid camera'.

Tell me about it. I hate those goddamn camera phones. I may have a camera phone - but you'll only see photos of various things. I'm not one of those damn "gotta take a picture of everyone to humiliate them" people.

The one thing these dumbasses with camera phones forget to do is SHUT OFF the shutter sound. If you want to try to sneak a photo, at least turn it off so nobody will know. Derp.

Isn't this type of story old news already? I mean everyone slacks off at their job. But when ever it's a TA employee specifically a station agent it makes front page news?. I'm not making an excuse for this guy, but when I've worked nights I would literally see people walk in my station at night and keep looking in the booth to see if I was gonna fall asleep. I feel people that waste their time snapping photos of people sleeping and selling it to the papers are just jealous scum bags that wish they made the money we make. All of these stupid stories come out every time we get a contract raise, and the S/A is always the scape goat cause we're usually the first TA employee the public can see.

I also agree that the NY Post needs to find 'more important' stories than this.

This station agent should not get fired IMO over this but a get friendly chat not to do this again.

Not sure if it's allowed now, but at 4am I rather him/her read a paper at a lonely station than fall sleep.

Seriously doubt for instance since the Post is owned by Zillionarie Rupert Mudrock would go out of the way to do an expose on an (MTA) executive having for instance an addicition to Dunkin Donuts coffee at taxpayer expensives.:P

Oh give the guy a break.Im sure any of us would be that tired at that time during work too.Its the (MTA) fault for their cutbacks.As far as the cameraphone goes,Its a gift and a curse.Yes It has stopped many crimes,but at the same token it humiliated people on various sites.If I was the camera phone photographer,I would have just tapped on the window and as hows your night going and kept it moving.If you are going to use your cam phone,use it for a back up camera,family functions or even nude pics of yourself( Please dont post that on the internets) and keep it moving

Class dismissed.

Archived