Whats your favorite fast food resturant?

R188 7857

Maybe it isn't loaded with sugar, but it's usually loaded with sodium, so it's like trading diabetes for a stroke. :P In fact diet soda is just as bad as regular soda when you see all of the crap they add to it to make up for the loss of the tons of sugar the keep out of it.

So you drink diet soda, but order a 20 piece nugget and use 5 packets of BBQ sauce which is loaded with what?? Sugar... lol

Of course I treat myself to things from time to time, but in moderation. Folks really don't know what they're eating; that and the size portions.

um, i don't get your point. I drink snapple juice and now time to time soda. the chicken nuggets thing is once a week, well once every other week. I don't eat at fast food joints every day, this is at most a once a week thing. finally whats it to you what my eating habits are? like i said earlier i've more or less reduced my soda intake by half since a year ago. a few days in a month for some fast food stuff isn't gonna kill me. {knock on wood}

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poll choices :

1) McDonalds

2) Burger King

3) Subway

4) KFC

5) Sushi

6) Chinese Food

7) Wendys

8) White Castle'

9) Pizza

10) Other

KFC!! I'm eating it right now LOL! I loke the crispy fried chicken!

I would say that my favorite as far as quality are Wendy's and Subway. I also like pizza and Chinese food, but I wouldn't trust sushi. I wouldn't want to risk getting sick from the uncooked fish.

This reminds me: In Peru, we have a dish called ceviche, which is basically raw fish in lemon juices (the lemon juices "cook" the fish, but again, you have to be careful that you don't get sick from it)

I remember a survival show where a man was trapped in his flooded house, so he salvaged some fish from the refrigerator and used that strategy to prepare it.

Favorite

Checkers- they're not a mainstream fast food restaurant, but they have a location on Chambers Street and another location in Queens (I think near the Q25/34). Their fish sandwich is tasty. They also make a nice chicken sandwich. They have a 2 for $4 deal.

White Castle- I'm not a fan of their Sliders (burgers) but I like their chicken rings and fish sandwiches. They also have cheese fries and mozzarella sticks.

Wendy's- I no longer eat burgers, but Wendy's burgers are the best out of the big three.

Least Favorite

McDonald's- their food tastes so bland. Besides the Big Mac and chicken nuggets, I don't like anything on their menu.

Burger King- I used to like their Tendercrisp Chicken sandwich until it made me sick. F*ck the Burger King on Jamaica Avenue.

KFC- KFC's macaroni also sent me to the bathroom. The KFC Snacker is the size of my palm yet they charge $1.49 for it. The chicken is tough and hard to bite into.

There's a Checkers in my area (Forest Avenue/South Avenue). The 2/$4 sandwiches are good, but I think they are a little too small for the price that you pay.

Favorite: McDonalds, KFC, Burger King (even though I don't their burgers) Wendy's (same as BK) & Subway, Chinese Food, 7 Eleven (Just like their Hot Dogs for now), Pizza (Domino's & One around my neigherhood).

Dislike/Least Favorite: White Castle, even though I didn't try them on a complete ocassion I still choose to stay away from them plus the fact I don't see anything they have that fit my taste buds.

I occasionally get those frozen pizzas from the supermarket but I agree that they're not the same as fresh pizza from a pizzeria. Generally, the difference is in the cheese, rather than the toppings or the bread.

I don't really eat fast food. If anything I'll go to Whole Foods and get their prepared foods, but that isn't really fast food per se. They use healthier options in terms of ingredients and I don't really go for lots of fried food either. On occasion maybe once a month, I'll order from my local pizzeria, but even then I'm careful about what I order. Usually spinach salads with grilled shrimp or grilled chicken, grape tomatoes and so forth and maybe I'll get a side of french fries as a treat, but that's maybe once a month or maybe once every few months. Same thing goes for pizza. Usually veggies like onions and such with cheese and olive oil. :cool:

I'm not really into fast food either. You can make cheaper, healthier food at home, but it takes time (and the whole purpose of fast food is obviously to save time)

Holy cow... Well now I know someone does indeed by those 20 piece nugget deal... :eek:

When I was younger, my mother used to buy me and my two brothers the 20 piece McNuggets, but being health-conscious, would only buy one for all of us.

The only thing I really like about McDonald's are their salads and French fries.

Maybe it isn't loaded with sugar, but it's usually loaded with sodium, so it's like trading diabetes for a stroke. :P In fact diet soda is just as bad as regular soda when you see all of the crap they add to it to make up for the loss of the tons of sugar the keep out of it.

So you drink diet soda, but order a 20 piece nugget and use 5 packets of BBQ sauce which is loaded with what?? Sugar... lol

Of course I treat myself to things from time to time, but in moderation. Folks really don't know what they're eating; that and the size portions.

You know the saying: "If something sounds like a science experiment, it probably is". All that sorbitol and propylene glycol and other crap that they put in there is probably 1,000 times worse than regular sugar. When you bite into any "sugar-free" thing, you can taste how artificial it is.

My dad's kind of a health-nut, but he always says: If you must have something sweet, at least make sure it has real sugar.

Like you said, the key is to eat those foods in moderation, rather than try to substitute artificial stuff.

Well,

Favorite:

1) KFC - Crunchy chicken, love their popcorn chicken, cole saw, mashed potatoes, and potato wedges!

2) McDonalds - I like their CHICKEN NUGGETS!!!!! Cheeseburger, double cheeseburger, and more!

3) White Castle - For their mini burgers, milkshakes, onion rings, and fries!

4) Chinese Food - I'm chinese = MY DINNER EVERY NIGHT IS CHINESE FOOD!!

5) Pizza! - I go to my near by pizza resturant called "PIZZARAMA"

6) Sushi - YUMMY!

Last Favorite:

1) Wendys - BAD EVERYTHING!

2) Burger King - Not good fries and burgers

3) Subway - I used to love it, but since I got that stomach virus (a really bad one) after the last time I ate one, I stoped eating it. Its weird because I've been eating Subway on saturdays for months.

Thats about it!!

People seem to have forgotten about Subway being healthy-eating oriented rather than "we're going to take this sub and cram as much meat in between the bread as humanly possible."

I had Quizno's once last spring and it was good stuff. A pity it closed.

What are you talking about? Quiznos is still around. The meat at Quiznos tastes better than the meat at Subway. It actually tastes like real ham. However, they dump mayonaise on the sandwich. The mayo literally drips from the sandwich. If you eat at Quiznos you might as well eat a double cheeseburger since it's the same nutritional value. Blimpies is like a happy medium. They give you enough meat, but it still feels semi-nutritious. The only locations I know of in the city is Union Square and a hidden location in the 45th Street passageway of Grand Central.

I disagree. The prices at Five Guys are pretty fair. Where else can you get a bacon cheeseburger with 2 patties with all the toppings you want and a bag full of season fries and free refills on your soda and sit down in a 50s' style diner interior while classic rock:cool: is played off XM radio for 13 bucks? AND, you also get unlimited free peanuts. The service is great, the food is great, and the music is fantastic! To me, there's nothing better than that.

Five Guys is overpriced. Yes, their food is made to order (meaning not frozen and reheated) but the prices are still ridiculous. Wendy's gives you the same quality food for a more reasonable price.

4) Chinese Food - I'm chinese = MY DINNER EVERY NIGHT IS CHINESE FOOD!!

That's the thing. The Chinese food people eat (sweet and sour, pork fried rice, egg rolls, etc) is Americanized Chinese Food. Ive tasted real Chinese food from Chinatown and it was super spicy. It was nothing like the food from the various Chinese restaurants in Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens.

This reminds me: In Peru, we have a dish called ceviche, which is basically raw fish in lemon juices (the lemon juices "cook" the fish, but again, you have to be careful that you don't get sick from it)

I occasionally get those frozen pizzas from the supermarket but I agree that they're not the same as fresh pizza from a pizzeria. Generally, the difference is in the cheese, rather than the toppings or the bread.

The only thing I really like about McDonald's are their salads and French fries.

So that's what ceviche is... I heard of it, but never knew what it was... truly do learn somethin everyday....

far as frozen pizzas, I still eat celeste from time to time... problem is, my local supermarket hardly ever have the ones I like (sausage, sausage & pepperoni, zesty 4 cheese).... they have shelves of the supreme & some other meatball some'n another I can't recall the exact name of......

A study was done where it showed that their (mcdonald's) salad contained more sugar than the dam cookies... lol.... so be careful....

Well,

Favorite:

3) White Castle - For their mini burgers, milkshakes, onion rings, and fries!

5) Pizza! - I go to my near by pizza resturant called "PIZZARAMA"

Least Favorite:

2) Burger King - Not good fries and burgers

Just goes to show people have different tastebuds.... Me, I don't like BK's fries either (I always get the onion rings), but I think white castle's fries has got to be the dryest things on earth....

the name pizzarama rings a bell... is that along the Q28 route by any chance?

What are you talking about? Quiznos is still around. The meat at Quiznos tastes better than the meat at Subway. It actually tastes like real ham. However, they dump mayonaise on the sandwich. The mayo literally drips from the sandwich. If you eat at Quiznos you might as well eat a double cheeseburger since it's the same nutritional value. Blimpies is like a happy medium. They give you enough meat, but it still feels semi-nutritious. The only locations I know of in the city is Union Square and a hidden location in the 45th Street passageway of Grand Central.

There's another blimpie's over there by queensboro plaza.... it's combined w/ some'n else (it's not it's own bldg)... it's on the same side of Queens plaza where the Q66, Q69, B62, etc. ends at....

Anyway, if the weather is right (or in one of my "iont care when I get back to work moods"), I take the (E) to Queens plaza & walk back (towards the bridge) & get a couple ham & turkey sammiches for lunch....

Subway is a no! I just dont like their subs....I dont want to eat a sub from a chain. Best subs come from local joints.

.....anyone seen those promos on tv wit that new avacado sub? IMO stop tryna fool people into eating fake avacado. Pre-cooked meat that sits allday and you throw it on some bread and call it a cheesestake? Please.

Quizznos is another one....

@B35 so you tried that double cheese cheesestake they had? I had that shyt and threw that sucker out. Those sub joints dont know what a cheesestake is.

A study was done where it showed that their (mcdonald's) salad contained more sugar than the dam cookies... lol.... so be careful....

Just goes to show people have different tastebuds.... Me, I don't like BK's fries either (I always get the onion rings), but I think white castle's fries has got to be the dryest things on earth....

IMO, the White Castle fries usually vary by location, it's all I order when I go there lol.

Most of the ones I've been too are good because they arent oily like some of the other places which is a good thing. My fav locations right now are the ones at Hillside Ave just short of the 179th Street Station. Flatbush/Nostrand, Westchester Square and a few other spots I gotta remember.

The one I used to frequent often before I dropped out of HS was the one at Rockaway Blvd & 100th Street, a block or two off of John Adams High School(the school I initally dropped out of). Service is slow as hell but you are guaranteed fresh food.

That's the thing. The Chinese food people eat (sweet and sour, pork fried rice, egg rolls, etc) is Americanized Chinese Food. Ive tasted real Chinese food from Chinatown and it was super spicy. It was nothing like the food from the various Chinese restaurants in Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens.

I can co-sign with this because you are absolutely on-point. Food in the main sections of Flushing & Chinatown is traditional compared to the regular small Chinese Food joints in the city which is 99.9% Americanized. You get the real deal in the Flushing & Chinatown areas, traditional herbs & spices, sauces and a lot more..

Dont go to the one on Boston Rd north of Baychester Av. Them cats in there be on some ol' otha ish....White Caste I mean.

Been there, service was mediocre. Those bastids don't pay attention AT ALL! I had to remind those mofos about 6 TIMES about an order which was ONLY ONE SACK OF FRIES!!

Been there, service was mediocre. Those bastids don't pay attention AT ALL! I had to remind those mofos about 6 TIMES about an order which was ONLY ONE SACK OF FRIES!!

Lol im telling you. Me and my friend use to go there and make a big ass order just to confuse them.

When I'm hungry (and not in a picky mood lol) I'll just go to the nearest McDonalds or Burger King but these are my favorites...

1. Checkers...there's one right by my house on Bway & Eldert St and their burgers are the bomb. Even the bun tastes better than McDonalds (I think they use potato bread, I'm not sure)

2. Little Caesars...5 bucks for a pizza pie? Can't get no better than that, espically if you don't feel like cooking :cool:

3. Popeyes...my late night fried chicken fix lol. The one by my house doesn't close until like 3 am and there's always someone in there

4. Burger King...nuff said

5. McDonalds...if I'm in the city, that's my main spot to go to

Dont go to the one on Boston Rd north of Baychester Av. Them cats in there be on some ol' otha ish....White Caste I mean.

They've changed that much? I used to go there all the time about 8 or 9 years ago.

And since you remember that White Castle on Boston Rd., do any of you remember the Taco Bell that used to be there?

@B35 so you tried that double cheese cheesestake they had? I had that shyt and threw that sucker out. Those sub joints dont know what a cheesestake is.

oh I aint sayin it was the best cheese steak I ever had... lol...

over there near LIRR patchogue, you either have a choice of either quizno's (which is a little further away from the "main" bus terminal) or subway (which is right across the street from the main bus terminal).... I aint see no other eateries about the area....

the subway is inside a convenience store actually, which I aint trustin b/c undesirables hang out over there.... of course, when I went to that quiznos, I stood & explained what I wanted for like 5 mins. b/c aint no one understood what I was sayin (all the employees spoke spanish, and my spanish aint the greatest)....

IMO, the White Castle fries usually vary by location, it's all I order when I go there lol.

Most of the ones I've been too are good because they arent oily like some of the other places which is a good thing. My fav locations right now are the ones at Hillside Ave just short of the 179th Street Station. Flatbush/Nostrand, Westchester Square and a few other spots I gotta remember.

Been to 2 out of those 3.... Of course the one @ the junction (that always ask you for your first name... like wtf you wanna know my name for)... the more customers in that one, the slower they are; worse, those be all college students workin in there, sans that old heavy set lady I'm assuming is the manager...

That one @ Hillside, their service is light years faster than the one @ the junction... there could be 2-3 ppl. in front of me, and I'm still pretty much in & out....

don't know about that one, but there's another white castle on Boston rd, over there on allerton... last time I went in there (twas years ago), some young punk tried to run up on me & dead my food as I was leaving... this was late at night, so I was the only one there ordering at the time....

The White Castle in the Junction is closed now. :cry:

I miss the Wendy's @ the Junction area that was inside the Popeye's store, The heath dept closed it IIRC, Wendy's left, but the Popeye's stayed. I'm also bummed about the lack of fried chicken joints here in Flatbush, I mean the non Popeyes ones, there use to be one on Flatbush & Farraget but it was only opened for a few months and then closed. I like the Foster and Flatbush one next to be B8 stop, but I don't like to eat there though, I'm solely take out with that one. At times I like eat @ the restruant when I'm about to go somewhere rather go home and eat it or eat it on Transit.

There's one between Glenwood and Farraget on Nostrand but that little block is like beyond ghetto lol.

As for FF restaurants I like....

Mcd

White Castle

Burger King

Wendy's

All the Chain Pizza stores

Roy Rogers

Popeye's

Chinese Food

Those smaller Fried Chicken which is some black neighborhoods, you see em all over the place lol, and I'm not talking about Popeye's or KFC ethier, I don't pay attention to the names on em, like Chinese food restaurants.

Those smaller Fried Chicken which is some black neighborhoods, you see em all over the place lol, and I'm not talking about Popeye's or KFC ethier, I don't pay attention to the names on em, like Chinese food restaurants.

Crown Fried Chicken

Kennedy Fried Chicken

Go ahead. Ask me how I know ;)

Crown Fried Chicken

Kennedy Fried Chicken

Go ahead. Ask me how I know ;)

In Vineland(553) I pass 3 Crown Fried Chicken joints all within 5 blocks. You can walk to each one. That whole strip is filled with fried chicken joints, chinese food, local pizza joints and all types of stores owned by indians/spanish/chinese/blacks.

Its like some random person took they named and added "fried chicken" to the end lol.

You have to admit that the smell of KFC when you drive or walk by makes it very tempting.....When was the last time you ate anything that was fried?

Ugh... KFC... lol... I think maybe when I was 15 or so I was a camp counselor for the summer and every now and then I'd get those chicken finger thingys with biscuits for lunch with the potato wedges or cole slaw or whatever. That very well may be the last time I had KFC. lol Since I generally avoid eating processed food, the smell that permeates from McDonald's and KFC disgusts me because you can sort of smell the artificialness of it all. It's hard to understand when you eat processed food and lots of fast food. When I was younger I would've never said this, but as you get older your tastes change and in my case for the better.

When you start eating natural foods you can definitely taste how much better the food is as opposed to the processed stuff. It's much finer in terms of quality.

Now the only thing I can't give up are french fries. Those I get as a treat say maybe once every few months or so and I usually like them with brunch with say an omelette w/gruyere cheese and mushrooms and a beer on the side. :cool:

It's probably because I am obsessed with Belgian food. If you are served good pomme frites with a good side of Belgian style mayo you'll be hooked too. ;)

So to answer your question, the last time I ate anything fried was almost a month ago and it was french fries with a spinach and grilled chicken salad.

I miss the Wendy's @ the Junction area that was inside the Popeye's store, The heath dept closed it IIRC, Wendy's left, but the Popeye's stayed. I'm also bummed about the lack of fried chicken joints here in Flatbush, I mean the non Popeyes ones, there use to be one on Flatbush & Farraget but it was only opened for a few months and then closed. I like the Foster and Flatbush one next to be B8 stop, but I don't like to eat there though, I'm solely take out with that one. At times I like eat @ the restruant when I'm about to go somewhere rather go home and eat it or eat it on Transit.

There's one between Glenwood and Farraget on Nostrand but that little block is like beyond ghetto lol.

Mcd

White Castle

Burger King

Wendy's

Roy Rogers

Popeye's

Chinese Food

Closed as in out of business or closed as in just for now? Though i pass thru that area most of the time, i never pay much attention especially since i don't pass by the front of the place.

heh, you mean chicken joints like gyro chicken or whatever?

In Vineland(553) I pass 3 Crown Fried Chicken joints all within 5 blocks. You can walk to each one. That whole strip is filled with fried chicken joints, chinese food, local pizza joints and all types of stores owned by indians/spanish/chinese/blacks.

Its like some random person took they named and added "fried chicken" to the end lol.

No lie, there's a place called Obama Fried Cicken on Rutland Rd & Rockaway Pkwy

the name pizzarama rings a bell... is that along the Q28 route by any chance?

Francis Lewis Blvd on the Q76 right next to what used to be my dads store called "Lucky Fish Market." Theres a bus stop right in front of it.

Theres a comic store, my dads store, a nail/spa, then its PIZZARAMA. On the Q28 it turns to F. Lewis theres a waldbouns and a DD you see a blue, red, and orange things on top of the stores. That big store next to those three is PIZZARAMA. Love their pizza.

Well, the Q28 is my home route so...

Mcd

White Castle

Burger King

Wendy's

Roy Rogers

Popeye's

Chinese Food

That White Castle closed down for good?!

I didnt know they got rid of the Wendys in that Wendys/Popeyes combo place. When my parents would go to/from Kings Plaza, that was a place where stopping by was warranted. I havent been there since like 1997 lol.