Make your own G.O

Abba

How about (F) trains replace the (R) train between 71st Avenue-Continental Avenue and 57th Street-Seventh Avenue, Weekend 12:01am Friday to 5:00am Monday.

For service to Lexington Avenue, Roosevelt Island and 21st Street-Queensbridge, use the free Q (F) shuttle bus.

For service from Lexington Avenue, Roosevelt Island and 21st Street-Queensbridge use the free M (F) shuttle bus.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to power failure at the Jamaica Center No (E)(J) trains will be running. Free shuttle bus service will be provides to run between Jamaica Center & Union Turnpike/121 Street replacing (E)(J) trains. To conserve Energy/Time for track Maintenance the (E) will start service @ Union Turnpike while (J) trains resume service at 121 Street. Trains that usually have stops at those any points after Jamaica Center (w/the exception of Sutphin Blvd) will resume normal serivce.

-We Apologize for any inconvince. Thank for riding with (MTA) New York City Transit. (MTA) Going Your Way

*Note: I based this on a G.O that actually occured a year or 2 ago.

(7) trains do not run from Times Square to 45th Road

Because of Third-Rail reconstruction (7) trains are not running from Times Square to Vernon Blvd.

To get to Grand Central take the:

- (N) or (Q) from Queensboro Plaza to Lexington Ave-59th St and then take the (4) or (5) one stop to Grand Central or the (6) two stops.

- (E) or (M) from 45th Road to Lexington Ave-53rd St and then take the (6) one stop to Grand Central

(MTA)- Going Your Way

Service on the Williamsburg Bridge is affected

There are structual problems on the Williamsburg Bridge. Service on the (J), (M), and (Z) lines is affected.

(J) Service

J trains run from Jamaica Center to Marcy Ave.

(Z) Service

There is no Z service

(M) Service

M trains run from 71st Ave to Second Ave-Houston

Other Service

A Shuttle runs from Broadway Junction to Fulton St Via the A

Another shuttle runs from Essex Street to Jay St-Metrotech via the (J) and (R)

We are very sorry for this inconvienence.

MTA-Going Your Way

Guest lance25

I'd assume there would be an (M) shuttle since the (J) would run to Marcy Av. Though I don't understand why there would be so much extra service into downtown Brooklyn. If the Williamsburg Bridge was out, like it was in '99, all you'd need is a shuttle between Delancey-Essex Sts and Broad St since the (M) no longer runs to south Brooklyn.

[Holiday] reroutes/extensions for the Lex line:

(4) Lexington Av Local all weekend. Terminates at Brooklyn Bridge instead of Crown Hts.

Transfer at Brooklyn Bridge for (6) to continue your trip.

(5) Dyre Av Shuttle all weekend. Transfer at the following stations:

*E 180 St for (2)

*149/Grand Concourse for (4).

*125 St for (6).

(6) Service extension to Crown Hts/Utica Av

(6) trains replace (5) trains in Lexington Av, and (4) trains in Eastern Parkway. Serves New Lots Av during the nocturnal hours.

[Holiday] reroutes/extensions for the Lex line:

(4) Lexington Av Local all weekend. Terminates at Brooklyn Bridge instead of Crown Hts.

Transfer at Brooklyn Bridge for (6) to continue your trip.

(5) Dyre Av Shuttle all weekend. Transfer at the following stations:

*E 180 St for (2)

*149/Grand Concourse for (4).

*125 St for (6).

(6) Service extension to Crown Hts/Utica Av

(6) trains replace (5) trains in Lexington Av, and (4) trains in Eastern Parkway. Serves New Lots Av during the nocturnal hours.

This is a Crown Heights bound (6) express train The Next Stop Is Atlantic Avenue :P

Union Square Incident. (4),(5),(6) lines affected.

Because of Crazy People jumping on the tracks service on the (4),(5), and (6) lines is affected.

(4) service; (4) trains run in 2 sections. Woodlawn to 42nd St and Brooklyn Bridge to Utica Ave.

(5) service; (5) trains run from Dyre Ave to 125th St.

(6) service; (6) trains run in 2 sections. Pelham Bay Park to 23rd St and Astor Place to Bowling Green.

There is a *FREE* Shuttle Bus stopping at Brooklyn Bridge, Astor Place, 23rd St, and 42nd St.

Were sorry for the inconvenience

(MTA)-Going Your Way

Due to issues on both ends of the Manhattan Bridge:

(R) trains from Astoria terminating at Whitehall Street, shuttle service in Brooklyn from 95th-59th Street.

(N) and (Q) trains operate via the tunnel, replacing the (R). (Q) replaces between Whitehall-DeKalb Avenue, (N) replaces the (R) as a local between DeKalb-59th Street.

(B) service terminates at 2nd Avenue and is suspended south of Broadway-Lafayette.

(D) service operates normal service to Broadway-Lafayette, then via the (M) to Essex Street, changing directions at Essex and then running via the (J) to Broad (making ALL (J) stops in the front half of the train only at Essex, Canal, Chambers, Fulton and Broad Streets) and via the Montauge Street tunnel to DeKalb, stopping at Court Street and Jay Street-Metrotech.

(D) passengers for Brooklyn are strongly advised to take or switch to the (F) in Manhattan, take that to Jay Street-Metrotech and change to the (D) there.

One problem with that G.O. is that (D) trains consists of R68s which are 75 foot cars are unable to go through the Chrystie cut. Unless the (D) train ran on R160s or R32s they cannot go through the cut. Another problem is that the Delta is a 10 car train (R68s are 8 due to 75ft.) please explain why would it run on 8 cars 60ft. since it carries more riders. If one plans to send it through the (J) the train has to be 8 cars to accomodate the entire train inside those 8 car stations.

One problem with that G.O. is that (D) trains consists of R68s which are 75 foot cars are unable to go through the Chrystie cut. Unless the (D) train ran on R160s or R32s they cannot go through the cut. Another problem is that the Delta is a 10 car train (R68s are 8 due to 75ft.) please explain why would it run on 8 cars 60ft. since it carries more riders. If one plans to send it through the (J) the train has to be 8 cars to accomodate the entire train inside those 8 car stations.

In that scenario, the (D) would have to temporarily swap cars with the (N) or (Q) that are 60-feet. Also, as noted, it would be made clear that only the front half of the train would open at each station, meaning those in the back would have to stay on to Court Street, the first 10-car station (at Essex, what could be done is the train stops twice, once to drop off passengers before going to the bridge to change directions while opening the other half in the reverse direction).

The (D) actually did this (though without stopping) for a time in 1982, the last time before the (M) started going up Sixth Avenue that the Chrystie Cut was in regular service.

Union Square Incident. (4),(5),(6) lines affected.

Because of Crazy People jumping on the tracks service on the (4),(5), and (6) lines is affected.

(4) service; (4) trains run in 2 sections. Woodlawn to 42nd St and Brooklyn Bridge to Utica Ave.

(5) service; (5) trains run from Dyre Ave to 125th St.

(6) service; (6) trains run in 2 sections. Pelham Bay Park to 23rd St and Astor Place to Bowling Green.

There is a *FREE* Shuttle Bus stopping at Brooklyn Bridge, Astor Place, 23rd St, and 42nd St.

Were sorry for the inconvenience

(MTA)-Going Your Way

Take the X25 from Grand Central to Brooklyn Bridge to complete your trip. B)

Why can't 75 footers go through the cut? They have before!

I don't know, if you go to Broadway Lafayette, I believe around the 10 mark there is a sign that states: No 75 foot cars through the Chrystie Cut. Maybe they can go through the cut I don't know but I think it's because of the sharp curves before approaching Essex street.

I don't know, if you go to Broadway Lafayette, I believe around the 10 mark there is a sign that states: No 75 foot cars through the Chrystie Cut. Maybe they can go through the cut I don't know but I think it's because of the sharp curves before approaching Essex street.

As far as track configuration I believed nothing has changed since the 70's for the Eastern Division and remember there was a Fan Trip involving the R-46's running to Metropolitan and as far out east as Canarsie and on the Jamaica Bway Jct.Its just the swaying on the bridge can side swipe another train.

As far as track configuration I believed nothing has changed since the 70's for the Eastern Division and remember there was a Fan Trip involving the R-46's running to Metropolitan and as far out east as Canarsie and on the Jamaica Bway Jct.Its just the swaying on the bridge can side swipe another train.

I believe you are right, I believe is the side swipe issue is the reason 75 footers are not allowed on the chrystie cut.

Effective July 14th-July 23rd 2011

Due To Extensive Rehabilitation of the White Plains Road Elevated Structure (2) And (5) Service will be extremely limited.

Morning Rush

During The Morning rush hours all Northbound service on the (2)(5) Lines will be suspended from 149th-Grand Concourse to 180th st

Afternoon Rush

During The Afternoon Rush Hours all southbound (2)(5) service will be suspended between 180th st to 149th St-Grand Concourse.

Select Northbound (2) Trains will terminate at the following stations

34th Street Herald Sq

Lenox Terminal

149th St-Grand Concourse

Select (2) Trains will also run up Lexington avenue and terminate at Grand Concourse on the (4) Express Track

Select (2) Trains will also run up Lexington Avenue and Continue on the (4) Line to Woodlawn

Select Northbound (5) Trains Will Terminate At the following stations

Grand Central

86th Street

149th Street-Grand Concourse

Select (5) Trains will also run on the (6) Line after 125th St all the way to Pelham Bay Park

How Will this affect my trip?

For Continued service southbound during afternoon rush hours past 180th st you may transfer to free shuttle buses marked

#2 Train 149th Street

#5 Train 149th Street

For continued service northbound past Grand Concourse you may transfer to free shuttle buses marked

#2 Train 180th street

#5 Train 180th street

Trains will also run an extremely limited service timetable

(5) Trains every 30 Minutes off hours and every 17 Minutes rush hours

(2) Trains every 40 Minutes off hours and every 25 Minutes rush hours

All service on the (2)(5) Lines will be suspended both ways between 180th and grand concourse from 9AM to 4PM

Why Is Service Being Disrupted?

Service is being disrupted to ensure the safety of the Aging white plains road elevated line which has been in operation since 1902

(:P, (D), (F), (M) Service Diusrupted on 6th Ave

There is a 12-9 on the 6th Ave Line at 23rd St! Read below for info on service.

(B) and (D) Service

- Please expect delays while on 6th Ave

(F) Service

- F trains run express on 6th Ave

- This means 14th Street and 23rd Street will be skipped

(M) Service

- In order to not have many delays M trains will run in 2 sections

- The two sections are Middle Village to W. 4th Street and Rock Center to Forest Hills-71st Avenue

For service at 14th and 23rd Streets walk or take the bus.

Note: A free transfer will be provided.

I believe you are right, I believe is the side swipe issue is the reason 75 footers are not allowed on the chrystie cut.
...So they're being extra, extra cautious, in not allowing the cars to even approach/get near the bridge. So both gateways to Nassau St. both Chrystie and Montague, have those signs. But the cars have been through the Nassau part. I saw them using a 46 for a movie in Chambers middle. They probably need some special permission for that.

Archived