Express lines...

transit bx

You still don't understand and you do not know what the hell you are talking about. Just give up already.......is that enough English for you????

I do get one thing u have a grudge against me so ur no longer worth the time don't reply to my posts anymore don't talk to or about me just pretend I don't exist. All ur replies to me are useless and pointless they just make you look like a jerk you never explain anything you just blindly attack seriously DO NOT reply to me anymore you no longer exist to me. Now don't quote anymore of my posts cause it's a waste of ur time. Everything you get in my face now ur doing it for BS reasons. You don't use logic only anger I only associate with logic rather than rage

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:tup:

GPS is strictly a positioning system and for uses of traffic congestion, it isn't very good. It is much faster for drivers to suggest a route to Control and see if they approve it. There are a fair number of dispatchers who don't know every single inch of the city. The back and forth often takes too long. The MTA will do anything to reduce overtime and keeping buses out of traffic helps.

However, one of the things that the MTA should do in an epic crapstorm is combine buses stuck in traffic. I saw four X17Js on Wednesday fighting through traffic with two busloads of passengers between them. They should have put everyone onto two buses and held the other two buses as extras. The traffic probably led to blown off second runs and those spares could have been helpful.

yep ur right thats what I tried to say

Did you not read and understand the previous post. Thats why we have command for and if you was a B/O or have any type of transit staff member you would know that buses cant just go down on any blocks, and also where their is traffic on the main road you better be ready for traffic on the sevics or side roads, because everyone is trying to go the same way. Your better off staying where you at unless command tells you to do so rather risking a accident. The more in and out you do the more risk of you getting into a stupid accident where now you have to explain how could i have avoided the accident in the first place. With the MTA weather your wrong or right in a accident, MTA will always try to find a way to say your in the wrong. Who ever is a B/O for MTA or even NJT or any type of transit agency know what im taking about.

You are right on that issue but I was talking about NON-STOP segments.

think real hard about bus reliability you have no clue what I am saying

I actually do... and it's still an absolute Fail.

We bring up valid, irrefutable points, and you're STILL tryna justify your position w/ this nonsense.... Now you wanna bring up non-stop segments along routes as if that's what you were talkin about all along... Regardless, there's a little thing called liability that you are outright refusing to consider.... I never forget the B35 that backed it's way onto one of the dead end streets (won't say which one, or when it happened) in my neighborhood, that almost hit two kids riding their tricycles.....

Anyway, if I'm standing at a bus stop where there's heavy traffic along the route, and all of a sudden, a b/o decides to go on a detour in an attempt to evade traffic... guess what.... that's not very "reliable" to me, and the people that end up suffering b/c of it.... we'd now have to catch a later bus thanks to that action....

Riddle me this though... what if something were to happen along the unapproved detour some b/o decides to take; then what, mr reliability?

Bottom line, It's not a chance that should be taken.... point blank - Period.

I mean damn, how many bus detours have you EVER seen posted at a particular bus stop in this city? For the longest, the MTA has done a shitty job regarding that... Do I even have to mention the severe lack of apprisal/informing of detours when the NYC Marathon takes place??????

...and you on here sittin up here talkin how f'n reliable detouring buses are to the passenger on a NORMAL day/run....

Did you not read and understand the previous post. Thats why we have command for and if you was a B/O or have any type of transit staff member you would know that buses cant just go down on any blocks, and also where their is traffic on the main road you better be ready for traffic on the sevics or side roads, because everyone is trying to go the same way. Your better off staying where you at unless command tells you to do so rather risking a accident. The more in and out you do the more risk of you getting into a stupid accident where now you have to explain how could i have avoided the accident in the first place. With the MTA weather your wrong or right in a accident, MTA will always try to find a way to say your in the wrong. Who ever is a B/O for MTA or even NJT or any type of transit agency know what im taking about.

Thank you !

The MTA does not go about matters using "good faith", so to speak.... they don't back their employees much at all.... Of course I don't have to tell you, but for others that are oblivious to it, you are guilty til proven innocent when it comes to any of its agencies.....

GPS is strictly a positioning system and for uses of traffic congestion, it isn't very good. It is much faster for drivers to suggest a route to Control and see if they approve it. There are a fair number of dispatchers who don't know every single inch of the city. The back and forth often takes too long. The MTA will do anything to reduce overtime and keeping buses out of traffic helps.

However, one of the things that the MTA should do in an epic crapstorm is combine buses stuck in traffic. I saw four X17Js on Wednesday fighting through traffic with two busloads of passengers between them. They should have put everyone onto two buses and held the other two buses as extras. The traffic probably led to blown off second runs and those spares could have been helpful.

I forget who it was exactly (think it was GC, IINM) that made a mention of implementing a major transfer point for SI's expresses just before they dive onto the SIE en route to the VZ..... the general idea was to cram as many (seated) people onto a bus as possible, that serves the same general area in manhattan, as to not having so many buses traveling w/i manhattan....

Personally, speakin from a passenger's point of view, you're gonna be reluctant to hopping on another bus that you already procured/established a seat on... It's a hassle that's gonna piss off a heap of riders....

I actually do... and it's still an absolute Fail.

If I'm standing at a bus stop where there's heavy traffic along the route, and all of a sudden, a b/o decides to go on a detour in an attempt to evade traffic... guess what....

that's not very "reliable" to me, and the people that end up suffering b/c of it.... we'd now have to catch a later bus thanks to that action....

How many bus detours have you EVER seen posted at a particular bus stop in this city? For the longest, the MTA has done a shitty job regarding that... Do I even have to mention the severe lack of apprisal/informing of detours when the NYC Marathon takes place??????

...and you on here sittin up here talkin how f'n reliable detouring buses are to the passenger on a NORMAL day/run....

Thank you !

The MTA does not go about matters using "good faith", so to speak.... they don't back their employees much at all.... Of course I don't have to tell you, but for others that are oblivious to it, you are guilty til proven innocent when it comes to any of its agencies.....

I forget who it was exactly (think it was GC, IINM) that made a mention of implementing a major transfer point for SI's expresses just before they dive onto the SIE en route to the VZ..... the general idea was to cram as many (seated) people onto a bus as possible, that serves the same general area in manhattan, as to not having so many buses traveling w/i manhattan....

Personally, speakin from a passenger's point of view, you're gonna be reluctant to hopping on another bus that you already procured/established a seat on... It's a hassle that's gonna piss off a heap of riders....

I am talking about NON-STOP route segments and evading HIGHWAY traffic NOT street traffic on (regular pickup stop route segments) I am not that stupid enough to even suggest that a bus detour off it's (LOCAL REGULAR segments) I was referring to HIGHWAY NON STOP segments!!!!!!! NOT normal segments.

Major transfer point for expresses works when the express lines themselves have low ridership individually and need additional ppl from intersecting routes. That may work for NJ for intrastate lines to boost ridership. However in NYC that will fail. A busway may make that idea somewhat feasable. But it will only go so far and must be done right.

I am talking about NON-STOP route segments and evading HIGHWAY traffic NOT street traffic on (regular pickup stop route segments) I am not that stupid enough to even suggest that a bus detour off it's (LOCAL REGULAR segments) I was referring to HIGHWAY NON STOP segments!!!!!!! NOT normal segments.

Major transfer point for expresses works when the express lines themselves have low ridership individually and need additional ppl from intersecting routes. That may work for NJ for intrastate lines to boost ridership. However in NYC that will fail. A busway may make that idea somewhat feasable. But it will only go so far and must be done right.

1) that's a matter of opinion...

2) It wouldn't work no more in NJ than it would in NY.... people are still people at the end of the day, and they would NOT be willing to do this switching from bus to bus to begin & end their work/school day....

Just give up. You make no sense.

I was referring to someone else about command center but since it is already done to a degree then communication improvements will make express lines more reliable. I don't give up I evolve there is a fine line between giving up and evolving. I choose the latter. If it makes no sense I improve it so it does make sense.

Most of the foolish parts were changed in a more compatible way to improve the ideas to remove the nonsense and reach a solution. Off topic what roads in ocean county,NJ prohibit buses from running through???

I do get one thing u have a grudge against me so ur no longer worth the time don't reply to my posts anymore don't talk to or about me just pretend I don't exist. All ur replies to me are useless and pointless they just make you look like a jerk you never explain anything you just blindly attack seriously DO NOT reply to me anymore you no longer exist to me. Now don't quote anymore of my posts cause it's a waste of ur time. Everything you get in my face now ur doing it for BS reasons. You don't use logic only anger I only associate with logic rather than rage

Hypocrite much......YOUR post and statements are beyond useless and never make any valid points. Many of us are tired of explaining valid points to you and you comeback with more stupid shit. Now since when you have a PhD in physiology? B/c I'm not angry nor have any rage.......so trying to analyze b/c you don't how or what I'm feeling right now. There are reasons why you can't just make up your own detours as a B/O. Transit Bx and other said their reasons and you still not understanding......so YOU'RE worth my time nor anyone else since you don't like to listen, read nor comprehend on what other ppl tell you. So pls go somewhere else with the foolishness!

1) that's a matter of opinion...

2) It wouldn't work no more in NJ than it would in NY.... people are still people at the end of the day, and they would NOT be willing to do this switching from bus to bus to begin & end their work/school day....

If excessive then yes but if moderate and limited to only a few transfers. If nessesary only as a last resort are the rtes aligned in a way for timed transfers especially for long distance travel.

Hypocrite much......YOUR post and statements are beyond useless and never make any valid points. Many of us are tired of explaining valid points to you and you comeback with more stupid shit. Now since when you have a PhD in physiology? B/c I'm not angry nor have any rage.......so trying to analyze b/c you don't how or what I'm feeling right now. There are reason why you just make up your own detours as a B/O. Transit Bx and other said their reasons and you still not understanding......so YOU'RE worth my time nor anyone else since you don't like to listen, read nor comprehend on what other ppl tell you. So pls go somewhere else with the foolishness!
I never suggessted detours done in a freefor all way I said for non-stop segments based on traffic conditions and command center suggestions. I seemed to comprehend enough to perfect other ideas and cut out the crap. I understood what the others said to a point

I was referring to someone else about command center but since it is already done to a degree then communication improvements will make express lines more reliable. I don't give up I evolve there is a fine line between giving up and evolving. I choose the latter. If it makes no sense I improve it so it does make sense.

Most of the foolish parts were changed in a more compatible way to improve the ideas to remove the nonsense and reach a solution. Off topic what roads in ocean county,NJ prohibit buses from running through???

Nothing you say makes sense. Ocean County has nothing to do with this thread. If you were such a Transitmaster you would know why. I even stated earlier what limits buses from running on some roads. So clean the bird shyt out your eyes and read next time.

I remember incident before service cut.

After M11/M14 bus stop moved from 15th to 14th Sts bet. 9th & 10th Avs.

It was during weekdays.

I was waiting for uptown (M11) along with few other people. One of M11 B/O bypassed us. Next Manhattanville B/O told me he was driving that M11 for first time.

Few people were upset that driver didn't made correct turn.

I never suggessted detours done in a freefor all way I said for non-stop segments based on traffic conditions and command center suggestions. I seemed to comprehend enough to perfect other ideas and cut out the crap. I understood what the others said to a point

Dude, the problem is, there shouldn't have to be any "to a point"....

You have b/o's on here TELLING you the real... the truth.... the facts...

and you're refuting them with your opinion....

It's like me telling you 2+5 is 7.... and you tell me some'n like, the #7 aint all that lucky....

What in the hell does the #7 being lucky or unlucky have to do w/ the fact that 2+5 adds up to 7......

I remember incident before service cut.

After M11/M14 bus stop moved from 15th to 14th Sts bet. 9th & 10th Avs.

It was during weekdays.

I was waiting for uptown (M11) along with few other people. One of M11 B/O bypassed us. Next Manhattanville B/O told me he was driving that M11 for first time.

Few people were upset that driver didn't made correct turn.

We know for local rtes that shouldn't happen. I was not justifying locals deviating off rte to cut time!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, the problem is, there shouldn't have to be any "to a point"....

You have b/o's on here TELLING you the real... the truth.... the facts...

and you're refuting them with your opinion....

It's like me telling you 2+5 is 7.... and you tell me some'n like, the #7 aint all that lucky....

What in the hell does the #7 being lucky or unlucky have to do w/ the fact that 2+5 adds up to 7......

I actually got the truth and used it to perfect most suggestions others were thrown out cause they made no sense.

Nothing you say makes sense. Ocean County has nothing to do with this thread. If you were such a Transitmaster you would know why. I even stated earlier what limits buses from running on some roads. So clean the bird shyt out your eyes and read next time.

I have eliminated the birdshit in all my plans. Some are complete cause of the understanding I gained from ya others I will need experience to perfect. Some I backed off completely due to high risk O this post is a bit off topic

I actually got the truth and used it to perfect most suggestions others were thrown out cause they made no sense.

Whose suggestions that made no sense that you were trying to (so called) perfect?

Show me what you're talking about within this thread, b/c I don't see it.....

Your main sticking point was that buses should go on unapproved detours.... Many people on here told you why THAT doesn't make much sense, and there you are still trying to justify the truth with your opinion....

Whether you say you got the truth is irrelevant, if you're still here stubbornly engaging in a back & forth about this whole detour issue.....

@ qjtrainmaster and all of those who don't know how to multi-quote.

Can you please use the multi-quote button multiquote_off.gif when quoting more than one post. Just click on the icon multiquote_off.gif in all the posts you want to quote, the arrow will turn red when selected, multiquote_on.gif THEN click on Post Reply reply.gif.

This thread should NOT be 12 pages already!

Whose suggestions that made no sense that you were trying to (so called) perfect?

Show me what you're talking about within this thread, b/c I don't see it.....

Your main sticking point was that buses should go on unapproved detours.... Many people on here told you why THAT doesn't make much sense, and there you are still trying to justify the truth with your opinion....

Whether you say you got the truth is irrelevant, if you're still here stubbornly engaging in a back & forth about this whole detour issue.....

What I highlighted is NOT what I suggested I am not justifying that at all. I am really talking about improved communication between bus operator and command center that's all

What is in bold had nothing to do with the ideas I tried to perfect I went off topic with that last post. Now with on topic post My sticking point was NOT unapproved detours on local rtes but on express lines ONLY on their NON-stop segments plus Not really unapproved detours but on policy reform that trains drivers on different traffic situations for several alternate routes to save time on non-stop segments according to what command approves they will monitor traffic and act accordingly ONLY for express rtes.

What I highlighted is NOT what I suggested I am not justifying that at all. I am really talking about improved communication between bus operator and command center that's all

What is in bold had nothing to do with the ideas I tried to perfect I went off topic with that last post. Now with on topic post My sticking point was NOT unapproved detours on local rtes but on express lines ONLY on their NON-stop segments plus Not really unapproved detours but on policy reform that trains drivers on different traffic situations for several alternate routes to save time on non-stop segments according to what command approves they will monitor traffic and act accordingly ONLY for express rtes.

I don't care about "local or express" right now.... that statement in that last reply of mine (that you bolded in your last post) made no mention of local or express...

On my worst day, you're not as smart as me on your best day.... so let's cut the crap.....

You JUST stated.... and these are your words:

My sticking point was NOT unapproved detours on local rtes but on express lines ONLY on their NON-stop segments

^^ That's an admission of the fact that in ANY capacity, you advocate for buses going on some unauthorized course.....

are you gonna dispute that too....

I don't care about "local or express" right now.... that statement in that last reply of mine (that you bolded in your last post) made no mention of local or express...

On my worst day, you're not as smart as me on your best day.... so let's cut the crap.....

You JUST stated.... and these are your words:

My sticking point was NOT unapproved detours on local rtes but on express lines ONLY on their NON-stop segments

^^ That's an admission of the fact that in ANY capacity, you advocate for buses going on some unauthorized course.....

are you gonna dispute that too....

No need to I never said unauthorized detour. I meant enhanced communication between supervisor and driver and tracking of the buses to increase options and flexibility

No need to I never said unauthorized detour. I meant enhanced communication between supervisor and driver and tracking of the buses to increase options and flexibility

yeah I know there's no need to.... aint for that excuse though...

you didn't have to say those exact terms....

absolutely golden how you think of any excuse in the book to try to CYA....

I meant this... I meant that... What I really mean is.....

double talking all over the place

look, do what you do... the proof's already in the pudding....

yeah I know there's no need to.... aint for that excuse though...

you didn't have to say those exact terms....

absolutely golden how you think of any excuse in the book to try to CYA....

I meant this... I meant that... What I really mean is.....

double talking all over the place

look, do what you do... the proof's already in the pudding....

sure All I am saying is communication between driver and command center be improved that's it nothing more nothing less!!!!!!!!!!!! In order to evolve and perfect ones strength and ideas and ambition one must know when they are wrong and their limits. The unauthorized detours were wrong as there is no communication which kills reliability and has high risk for it going wrong.

sure All I am saying is communication between driver and command center be improved that's it nothing more nothing less!!!!!!!!!!!! In order to evolve and perfect ones strength and ideas and ambition one must know when they are wrong and their limits. The unauthorized detours were wrong as there is no communication which kills reliability and has high risk for it going wrong.

Communication is fine. WTH do you want from us? This aint McDonalds where mgrs are all over your ass every 2 seconds. Of all the time I been driving only 2 or 3 times I been confronted by higher ups and that was for speeding but thats another story.

Archived