Express lines...

transit bx

Communication is fine. WTH do you want from us? This aint McDonalds where mgrs are all over your ass every 2 seconds. Of all the time I been driving only 2 or 3 times I been confronted by higher ups and that was for speeding but thats another story.

Thank you....dispatchers get annoyed when you keep calling them for stupid stuff. Can you imagine if everybody was calling in for detours!

Let me tell you....sometimes it not worth it to detour. It used to be that B/Os had all kind of tricks in their back pockets to get around traffic, but now so many people in cars have GPS w/traffic advisory that gives them the same routes we would take to get around the trouble spots. So now it's actually better to keep with the beaten path and fight it.

Let's be honest the Deegan,Cross Bronx,LIE,GWB, and all the tunnels are chokepoints. NYDOT knows this and chooses to turn a blind eye to it. That's who your beef is with.....not the B/Os doing their jobs.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you....dispatchers get annoyed when you keep calling them for stupid stuff. Can you imagine if everybody was calling in for detours!

Let me tell you....sometimes it not worth it to detour. It used to be that B/Os had all kind of tricks in their back pockets to get around traffic, but now so many people in cars have GPS w/traffic advisory that gives them the same routes we would take to get around the trouble spots. So now it's actually better to keep with the beaten path and fight it.

Let's be honest the Deegan,Cross Bronx,LIE,GWB, and all the tunnels are chokepoints. NYDOT knows this and chooses to turn a blind eye to it. That's who your beef is with.....not the B/Os doing their jobs.

That was the inspiration for my busway plan for NYC!!!!!!!!!!!

So this went 12 pages because you have yet ANOTHER plan that is totally unworkable?

Great use of bandwith!:tup: (That's sarcasm!)

Not that simple, man. Busways would be a great thing to have, but if you want to propose something like that keep it to the fantasy threads or "MTA Plans for 2040" or something of that nature. The point here is that about six pages ago a discussion came up involving discretionary detours and I suggested that they be allowed on the grounds that B/Os knew their routes more than well enough to know how to beat traffic without killing anyone. Once the question was put in terms of safety, liability, etc. I left well enough alone because other guys who (by my own logic) knew a great deal more about the matter than I did stated that the question wasn't as simple as I thought it was.

You, on the other hand, seemed to take their statements more as a challenge to your nonexistent authority and knowledge on the matter, and have spun quite a web of bullshit and bluster (half of which is unintelligible due to your current struggle with grammar) across six pages of thread that might otherwise have been productively used and pissed off a lot of good and knowledgeable people. My advice to you: take a weekend off and let this blow over rather than continue what you're doing.

Not that simple, man. Busways would be a great thing to have, but if you want to propose something like that keep it to the fantasy threads or "MTA Plans for 2040" or something of that nature. The point here is that about six pages ago a discussion came up involving discretionary detours and I suggested that they be allowed on the grounds that B/Os knew their routes more than well enough to know how to beat traffic without killing anyone. Once the question was put in terms of safety, liability, etc. I left well enough alone because other guys who (by my own logic) knew a great deal more about the matter than I did stated that the question wasn't as simple as I thought it was.

You, on the other hand, seemed to take their statements more as a challenge to your nonexistent authority and knowledge on the matter, and have spun quite a web of bullshit and bluster (half of which is unintelligible due to your current struggle with grammar) across six pages of thread that might otherwise have been productively used and pissed off a lot of good and knowledgeable people. My advice to you: take a weekend off and let this blow over rather than continue what you're doing.

:tup::tup:

I need a Round of Applause to this Above:tup::tup:Very well put

I'm starting to get this weird feeling that NYCTF is getting its downfall. You are partially right, but you are also contributing to the downfall.

I'm starting to get this weird feeling that NYCTF is getting its downfall. You are partially right, but you are also contributing to the downfall.

I'm not contesting your claim here, but what exactly are you referring to? Is this about the loss of freedom to discuss whatever we choose and that by coming down on guys like QJTransitMaster we're casting a pall over the forums? Is this about a general decline in civility and rationality that allowed this incident to take place to begin with? Or have I missed the point entirely and is there something else going on that you would consider detrimental to NYCTF?

I'm not contesting your claim here, but what exactly are you referring to? Is this about the loss of freedom to discuss whatever we choose and that by coming down on guys like QJTransitMaster we're casting a pall over the forums? Is this about a general decline in civility and rationality that allowed this incident to take place to begin with? Or have I missed the point entirely and is there something else going on that you would consider detrimental to NYCTF?

You're right, both of the reasons you stated.

You're right, both of the reasons you stated.

Thanks, but here's the problem: the two things you described going on are opposites. On the one hand, the general lack of respect for people who know what they're talking about and lack of civility when things get heated are a problem, and yet on the other if you attempt to force stability on the forums by coming down too hard you lose out anyway. The best anyone can do is to do a balancing act between these two forces, allowing free discussion as much as possible but at the same time keeping flame wars and useless BS to a minimum. Quite frankly, any such balancing act is likely to be less than perfect, because if it were perfect it wouldn't be necessary and I'd like to say that the not-so-little detour this thread took shows us that the balancing act still works.

Of course in the ideal world this wouldn't have happened: QJ would have known what he was talking about and when to shut up and we wouldn't have been harsh with him when he made a mistake. But since this isn't the ideal world or the ideal forum, we all do the best we can with what chance (or a sorely abused Internet connection) throws our way, and I think in the end we didn't do too badly here.

actually not really a challenge just a way to perfect what I talk about thats all. I could care less about those who get pissed off over BS

Good thing you don't get paid for your "weird" feelings!:P

Thanks, but here's the problem: the two things you described going on are opposites. On the one hand, the general lack of respect for people who know what they're talking about and lack of civility when things get heated are a problem, and yet on the other if you attempt to force stability on the forums by coming down too hard you lose out anyway. The best anyone can do is to do a balancing act between these two forces, allowing free discussion as much as possible but at the same time keeping flame wars and useless BS to a minimum. Quite frankly, any such balancing act is likely to be less than perfect, because if it were perfect it wouldn't be necessary and I'd like to say that the not-so-little detour this thread took shows us that the balancing act still works.

Of course in the ideal world this wouldn't have happened: QJ would have known what he was talking about and when to shut up and we wouldn't have been harsh with him when he made a mistake. But since this isn't the ideal world or the ideal forum, we all do the best we can with what chance (or a sorely abused Internet connection) throws our way, and I think in the end we didn't do too badly here.

I think you pretty much summed that one up for everyone who doesn't know how this works!

I know for I fact I could not have explained that better than you just did!:cool:

actually not really a challenge just a way to perfect what I talk about thats all. I could care less about those who get pissed off over BS

problem is, it's your own BS that started this in the first place.....

6 people can't be wrong....

especially when you are the lone opposing person in a discussion....

Well put, but I think it's far simpler than that..... his posts don't really strike me as tryna be authoritative..... when it comes to other ppl's musings, dude is just stubborn..... Intolerant isn't out of the question either - except when it comes to some route specific ridership information he's seeking answers to....

No matter what or how ppl. try to correct him, it falls on deaf ears (regardless if he says he gets it, which is nothin more than attempt to get someone off his back... but yet he cares less about ppl. who get pissed off on his BS.... how laughable)...

everyone is somehow misunderstanding what he's sayin (like everyone that reads his posts are incapable of comprehending what's in front of their faces) whenever someone posts something to the contrary of his..... or "it's not that serious" whenever he doesn't have a retort to something.....

A stubborn person finds it very difficult to accept the fact that he/she is wrong & will come up w/ every excuse under the sun to justify themselves....

You keep speaking of a downfall.... all of a sudden, you're this harbinger of peace.... If someone brings negative attention onto themselves, posters have every right to challenge & attempt to correct that person on his crap.... You actin like this was an all out flame war or full frontal verbal assault or somethin.... I don't know what, or why you continue to stick up for this guy QJT's nonsense, but that's your prerogative...

As engineerboy stated (which I agree), I don't think we did too badly with this whole discussion here either....

YA do realize talking about someone behind their back is wrong right???

No one has to talk to you behind their back.

problem is, it's your own BS that started this in the first place.....

6 people can't be wrong....

especially when you are the lone opposing person in a discussion....

Well put, but I think it's far simpler than that..... his posts don't really strike me as tryna be authoritative..... when it comes to other ppl's musings, dude is just stubborn..... Intolerant isn't out of the question either - except when it comes to some route specific ridership information he's seeking answers to....

No matter what or how ppl. try to correct him, it falls on deaf ears (regardless if he says he gets it, which is nothin more than attempt to get someone off his back... but yet he cares less about ppl. who get pissed off on his BS.... how laughable)... everyone is somehow misunderstanding what he's sayin (like everyone that reads his posts are incapable of comprehending what's in front of their faces) whenever someone posts something to the contrary of his..... or "it's not that serious" whenever he doesn't have a retort to something.....

A stubborn person finds it very difficult to accept the fact that he/she is wrong & will come up w/ every excuse under the sun to justify themselves....

You keep speaking of a downfall.... all of a sudden, you're this harbinger of peace.... If someone brings negative attention onto themselves, posters have every right to challenge & attempt to correct that person on his crap.... You actin like this was an all out flame war or full frontal verbal assault or somethin.... I don't know what, or why you continue to stick up for this guy QJT's nonsense, but that's your prerogative...

As engineerboy stated (which I agree), I don't think we did too badly with this whole discussion here either....

No one has to talk to you behind their back.

I actually am not perfect if I was I never would have signed up here in the first place. My last few posts admit my lack of knowledge on subjects. However some of the replies are a little more than constructive critisisim and do sound like frontal verbal assault. Hence why I prefer a tonned down approach. If I really knew everything then I wouldn't use ur knowledge to correct my so called crap. I do not find ur post offensive at all. Just an indication that one variable won't work. When I made the NJT plan it was NOT just a few ideas each idea had a backup plan and was several alternatives just in case one part won't work an alternative based on travel patterns was created. I decided to look into history more. Since one variant of the plan won't work. So I look at the other variant

What are you getting at?

I was referring to talking about someone else behind their back.

YA do realize talking about someone behind their back is wrong right???

What the hell does that mean huh why can't you just post pics or put up something so we can hit the THANK YOU button ....Do you like getting smacked around huh? do you well if not STFU already jesus christ nag nag nag your worse then a nagging wife ....detour this ....dont talk behind someones back GOD damn don't you ever shut up :mad:

What the hell does that mean huh why can't you just post pics or put up something so we can hit the THANK YOU button ....Do you like getting smacked around huh? do you well if not STFU already jesus christ nag nag nag your worse then a nagging wife ....detour this ....dont talk behind someones back GOD damn don't you ever shut up :mad:

wow so much rage would you like a chill pill with that??

I actually do... and it's still an absolute Fail.

We bring up valid, irrefutable points, and you're STILL tryna justify your position w/ this nonsense.... Now you wanna bring up non-stop segments along routes as if that's what you were talkin about all along... Regardless, there's a little thing called liability that you are outright refusing to consider.... I never forget the B35 that backed it's way onto one of the dead end streets (won't say which one, or when it happened) in my neighborhood, that almost hit two kids riding their tricycles.....

Anyway, if I'm standing at a bus stop where there's heavy traffic along the route, and all of a sudden, a b/o decides to go on a detour in an attempt to evade traffic... guess what.... that's not very "reliable" to me, and the people that end up suffering b/c of it.... we'd now have to catch a later bus thanks to that action....

Riddle me this though... what if something were to happen along the unapproved detour some b/o decides to take; then what, mr reliability?

Bottom line, It's not a chance that should be taken.... point blank - Period.

I mean damn, how many bus detours have you EVER seen posted at a particular bus stop in this city? For the longest, the MTA has done a shitty job regarding that... Do I even have to mention the severe lack of apprisal/informing of detours when the NYC Marathon takes place??????

...and you on here sittin up here talkin how f'n reliable detouring buses are to the passenger on a NORMAL day/run....

Thank you !

The MTA does not go about matters using "good faith", so to speak.... they don't back their employees much at all.... Of course I don't have to tell you, but for others that are oblivious to it, you are guilty til proven innocent when it comes to any of its agencies.....

I forget who it was exactly (think it was GC, IINM) that made a mention of implementing a major transfer point for SI's expresses just before they dive onto the SIE en route to the VZ..... the general idea was to cram as many (seated) people onto a bus as possible, that serves the same general area in manhattan, as to not having so many buses traveling w/i manhattan....

Personally, speakin from a passenger's point of view, you're gonna be reluctant to hopping on another bus that you already procured/established a seat on... It's a hassle that's gonna piss off a heap of riders....

Some buses have two trips. If the first bus got hammered on the first trip, then the later folks may not have a bus at all. This is why buses should be combined whenever possible in a massive traffic jam.

100% true you WIN do ur victory dance.

Dude, I'm making my font nice and big for you to read so you can actually understand and comprehend some english.....

[ To all the higher-ups on this board, please excuse my lil rant moment as this needs to be said.... ]

WOULD YOU STOP SPAMMING IN EVERY FREAKING THREAD WITH USELESS POSTS ALREADY?! POST SOMETHING INFORMATIVE OR JUST STAY OUT OF THE THREAD, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!

If you don't understand that, lemme break it down for ya

GOOD POSTS OR GTFO! POST SOMETHING SMART INSTEAD OF THE SAME, STUPID, BRAINDEAD POSTS! IF YOU GOT NOTHING TO SAY OR NOTHING SMART, LOGICAL, INFORMATIVE OR COMPREHENSIVE TO SAY, STAY OUT OF THE THREAD AND JUST STFU, STOP SPAMMING EVERY DAMN THREAD WITH USELESS POSTS!!

I'm being serious and dont tell me to chill out or else I swear I'm gonna say something awful, the NSFW type shit.....

Archived