Motorman on No. 5 train attacked by screaming man wielding a screwdriver

Shortline Bus

So he entered the other side of the Window? How can the t/o not see that.

Did you bother to read the article? It says that the EDP came thru the window when the T/O turned around to call for help.

Did you bother to read the article? It says that the EDP came thru the window when the T/O turned around to call for help.

Yes I read it..... Otherwise I wouldn't comment.

I didn't know people can fit in that cab window.

What would pulling the emergency brake do? The train wasnt moving..

Prevent him from moving the train at all, which is something that could have easily put people in danger at the hands of an actively paranoid EDP who quite clearly wanted to move the train.

The "human element" people keep complaining about the MTA trying to get ride of is what almost got this T/O shived.

the perp, which the T/O had no idea was a threat, comes to the window, wanting help. T/O turns to use the radio to call for asked for help, upon which time the EDP goes Pelham 123 on the T/O after climbing thru the window.

He could not have known the guy was gonna come into the cab via the window, or that he had a screw driver. This place just loves to judge in hindsight.

Why was the window open if the cab has AC? I sure wouldnt be operating with the window on the opposite site wide open, people can throw shit at you or whatever. Im not saying it was the T/Os fault at all, but to be secure, the window should have been shut and the door locked. This is NYC land of nutjobs and morons

Prevent him from moving the train at all, which is something that could have easily put people in danger at the hands of an actively paranoid EDP who quite clearly wanted to move the train.

The T/O disabled the train from moving when he got up, he didnt leave it in there anyway.

Why was the window open if the cab has AC? I sure wouldnt be operating with the window on the opposite site wide open, people can throw shit at you or whatever. Im not saying it was the T/Os fault at all, but to be secure, the window should have been shut and the door locked. This is NYC land of nutjobs and morons

He opened the window because he saw something was wrong and this guy was upset (he probably motioned to the T/O or something along those lines to open his window) and tried to find out what was going on. He was just doing his job as an (MTA) employee. He can't just ignore someone who looks to be in serious distress, that is a big no-no in the (MTA)

He opened the window because he saw something was wrong and this guy was upset (he probably motioned to the T/O or something along those lines to open his window) and tried to find out what was going on. He was just doing his job as an (MTA) employee. He can't just ignore someone who looks to be in serious distress, that is a big no-no in the (MTA)

I would have just talked through the window. People are crazy, you can communicate just fine with the window closed, Its not airtight/soundproof. We all know people like to spit and spray mace at conductors and T/Os , why risk it? If anything just open the window a little bit.

no one seems too know this but im from that area and i see him alot on that line and area that area of the bronx he has a mental problem very bad one at that. he needs help thats sad he did that but he needs help.

Or he can go to prison!

Did this guy think he can drive the train to go get some rock ? .....we have to many people out in society that need to be locked up....
i cant wait to get my job back so i can move out of nyc its getting worse everyday pennsylvania looking very nice ill commute on the buses but ill still have to deal with the madness in transit but come home to a nice area and home after work and enjoy my 2 days off for sure i had it living in nyc.:mad:

How the hell can you climb into the cab using the T/O's side window. Those windows are not so big that you can just climb in. That is some messed up stuff, then saying someone was trying to kill him. That guy tried to Commandeer a 300 Ton Train Consist, A train which was also carrying almost 500 people in rush hour. He should not get Bail and should rot in jail for what he did.

(S)(M)(F)(H)

i cant wait to get my job back so i can move out of nyc its getting worse everyday pennsylvania looking very nice ill commute on the buses but ill still have to deal with the madness in transit but come home to a nice area and home after work and enjoy my 2 days off for sure i had it living in nyc.:mad:
this was just a bad day it almost never happens in this city never! he wasnt a person looking for a problem he just needed help/ its sad that when people needs help people just look and point like he is scum. he just needed help

this was just a bad day it almost never happens in this city never! he wasnt a person looking for a problem he just needed help/ its sad that when people needs help people just look and point like he is scum. he just needed help
i guess if you read the paper and watch the news you see what kind of crime or mugging or murder every single day here this job will give me a much nicer place to live . he needed help he should go to jail for this then get help but this city is getting very dangerous to live in im sorry but i see it much more different than you

Archived