Prevost Car X3-45 Discussion

Lothian

No body uses a blow drier on a bus get realistic.

yeah as if that would happen if megabus and bolt can handle it the MTA can too as their routes are much shorter!!!!!!!

No blow dryers? We all thought KR was serious about that one...... NOT! It's called sarcasm.....

And who in the heck is going to foot the bill for Wi-Fi on a NYC bus? Get realistic!

The outlets on the MCI's have been all mostly shut off and to be honest ,I don't need to be driving and hear screams coming from behind me due to some broad that hooked up her blow dryer on high and now I got smoke so no I'm not for outlets unless it's in my CAB only.

I see it now....PREVENTABLE in house accident due to A kid sticking his DS in wrong then boom .

Especially with the way some buses are being maintained? I wouldnt be surprised...

No blow dryers? We all thought KR was serious about that one...... NOT! It's called sarcasm.....

And who in the heck is going to foot the bill for Wi-Fi on a NYC bus? Get realistic!

You're asking for too much....

Especially with the way some buses are being maintained? I wouldnt be surprised...

You're asking for too much....

I wasn't asking or damanding wi-fi I was only wondering if they were gonna do it on those prevosts cause you just never know with the MTA. I was shocked with this decision to order prevosts owell.

Well you just never know the MTA is known for WTF desicions

yeah as if that would happen if megabus and bolt can handle it the MTA can too as their routes are much shorter!!!!!!!

i WAS BEING real:p ON that one but hey hey Quarterpounder ,Is it possible if I bring my blender,George Foreman Grill and my Fridge you know just in case we break down I could make a 5 star dish

While I never been on a express bus in the AM rush, I have heard stories of woman doing their makeup and stuff ON the bus (Guess they didn't have time to do it at home) so honestly, a blow dryer wouldn't surprise me lol.

About the outlets we are talking about the general public picture it...Passenger gets on the bus is too hot he/she plugs in a fan construction worker rides and wants to charge his drill you get the idea i have seen some off the wall stuff i would not put anything past the public as a whole and, maybe the blow dryer is not so far out lady gets up late for work hits the shower remembers the buses have plugs.....

About the outlets we are talking about the general public picture it...Passenger gets on the bus is too hot he/she plugs in a fan construction worker rides and wants to charge his drill you get the idea i have seen some off the wall stuff i would not put anything past the public as a whole and, maybe the blow dryer is not so far out lady gets up late for work hits the shower remembers the buses have plugs.....

big deal!!!!!

big deal!!!!!

I actually would love to see the outlets on the Prevosts enabled for passenger use, but 20 Dundalk and KR have a point. People are more than capable of really stupid things on buses (just see the "A New Low" thread in the main bus forum if you'd like to verify that statement) and when you mix idiocy and electricity you can get some pretty ugly results. I would assume that there would be some sort of circuit breaker or fuse arrangement that would kill the power to the outlets if over a certain current was being drawn, and that the bus electrical system would be kept completely isolated from the passenger outlets, but even so all it takes is one fool plugging something in with wet hands...

I actually would love to see the outlets on the Prevosts enabled for passenger use, but 20 Dundalk and KR have a point. People are more than capable of really stupid things on buses (just see the "A New Low" thread in the main bus forum if you'd like to verify that statement) and when you mix idiocy and electricity you can get some pretty ugly results. I would assume that there would be some sort of circuit breaker or fuse arrangement that would kill the power to the outlets if over a certain current was being drawn, and that the bus electrical system would be kept completely isolated from the passenger outlets, but even so all it takes is one fool plugging something in with wet hands...

and that fool will not just get thrown off the bus but get a beat down from fellow passengers like me

and that fool will not just get thrown off the bus but get a beat down from fellow passengers like me

True, but what if he sues? If (MTA) were a more rational bus company then said litigant would get laughed out of court and that would be the end of the story. If one of the other comments I read on here is true, and all that matters to them is preventability of an accident (not who screwed up) then it could easily mean a B/O's job. Like I said earlier, outlets on buses are a nice thing to have, but:

why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg

True, but what if he sues? If (MTA) were a more rational bus company then said litigant would get laughed out of court and that would be the end of the story. If one of the other comments I read on here is true, and all that matters to them is preventability of an accident (not who screwed up) then it could easily mean a B/O's job. Like I said earlier, outlets on buses are a nice thing to have, but:

why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg

Its cheaper to blame the screwup guy than the b/o. Wi-fi can actually boost ridership on lines and the increase can be great enough to reduce the operating costs of the line.

Bus looks great. I cannot wait to see it.

It leaves the Ulmer Park Depot around 3:50 PM to head to Manhattan - via the Harway-Bay 38 exit usually. But you may want to wait on Bay 37 Street (which runs behind the garage) to see which way it turns - left towards Bath Avenue, or right towards Harway Avenue.

Apparently, it's just assigned to run #813 (or is it 2813 with the 2 lopped off?) at this time. Or you can go to Manhattan and it should show up between 4:25 PM and 5:40 PM (depending on its start point) at 23 and Broadway.

• 2 weeks later...
Have anyone had a chance to take the new prevost on the express route and if so what did you think? Do you this bus has enough to put MCI on the sidelines?

My personal opinion is that MCI will get the lions share of the future express order and Prevost will get the crumbs. I think the (MTA) put a shot across the bow of MCI, and they will be very aggressive in keeping the (MTA) a happy customer, I assume they are really smarting over losing the (NJT) CNG bid, so you will see them pull out all the stops in the future to keep existing customers.

Also I don't see Staten Island keeping those X3s long. Those buses will NOT put up with the abuse the MCIs took. IMO, SI should have NEVER gotten X3s, I would have given UP the full order and SI would have gotten the displaced MCIs from UP. If they can't keep DL3s (a low tech workhorse) running correctly then I predict the X3s will be on hooks more that the 18/19/2000s are.

BZ i see your point, MCI has been the leader in offering there buses for commuter, charter or long distance bus service. I use to see a bunch of greyhound buses and Peter Pan with MCI, now youre starting to see a bunch Prevost on both companies. Personally I like the MCI buses but like you said there is a bunch companies trying to make a name and MCI has to step its game up with the existing customers.

My personal opinion is that MCI will get the lions share of the future express order and Prevost will get the crumbs. I think the (MTA) put a shot across the bow of MCI, and they will be very aggressive in keeping the (MTA) a happy customer, I assume they are really smarting over losing the (NJT) CNG bid, so you will see them pull out all the stops in the future to keep existing customers.

Also I don't see Staten Island keeping those X3s long. Those buses will NOT put up with the abuse the MCIs took. IMO, SI should have NEVER gotten X3s, I would have given UP the full order and SI would have gotten the displaced MCIs from UP. If they can't keep DL3s (a low tech workhorse) running correctly then I predict the X3s will be on hooks more that the 18/19/2000s are.

Yeah, but I thought UP had the only Prevost currently out there anyway?? :confused: As for MCIs, I still prefer them over these Prevosts. MCI design looks better and let's face it, I've been riding MCIs for years now. The newest MCIs (22XXs) are really great. Decent amount of leg room, good air and clear announcements. The one thing I would like to see on any new MCIs are laptop hookups, because I always have my laptop with me and it would be great to charge it while on the BM3, which is when I like to use it to listen to music or work or whatever. :cool:

That's the whole reason why the test buses are rotating through Staten Island. MTA know's the buses will be worked hard, and damn near beat to death. It's all part of the plan for the BT&E Program. This will tell what can handle NYC streets the best, while providing the best value for the dollar at the same time.

BZ i see your point, MCI has been the leader in offering there buses for commuter, charter or long distance bus service. I use to see a bunch of greyhound buses and Peter Pan with MCI, now youre starting to see a bunch Prevost on both companies. Personally I like the MCI buses but like you said there is a bunch companies trying to make a name and MCI has to step its game up with the existing customers.

Greyhound is the former owner of both TMC & MCI. That's why the GH fleet was once 100% TMC/MCI buses.

They have been the #1 player for decades. They now face serious competition from Prevost, and VanHool, Setra, and MTS 42.5 footers to a lesser extent

Yeah, but I thought UP had the only Prevost currently out there anyway?? :confused: As for MCIs, I still prefer them over these Prevosts. MCI design looks better and let's face it, I've been riding MCIs for years now. The newest MCIs (22XXs) are really great. Decent amount of leg room, good air and clear announcements. The one thing I would like to see on any new MCIs are laptop hookups, because I always have my laptop with me and it would be great to charge it while on the BM3, which is when I like to use it to listen to music or work or whatever. :cool:

Actualy select seats on some of the current express buses already have outlets!!!!!!!!!!!! I know cause I just charged my laptop on the QM15 while making this post!!!!!!! hell yeah so if thats the case I assume the prevosts would definately have outlets on some seats at least. If ur lucky maybe all seats on the new prevosts may have em. But I know for sure that you can charge up on some express buses yes the MCIs.

hell yeah so if thats the case I assume the prevosts would definately have outlets on some seats at least. If ur lucky maybe all seats on the new prevosts may have em. But I know for sure that you can charge up on some express buses yes the MCIs.

There's only outlets in the first row, handicap seating setting and the second to last row from what I've seen.

Archived