Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

On 10/8/2018 at 1:21 AM, East New York said:

Express Bus Update: MTA is now in the evaluation process for the next orders of express buses. These will be the last diesel express buses ordered, and has been a very stiff competition that will come down to overall usability. I am told we will in fact order up to 37 Double Decker buses according to the current plans. It aslo appears that we can expect D45 CRT's in the near future as well. The next order is still up in the air, and could go either way. MTA is currently reviewing proposals from Alexander-Dennis, MCI, and Prevost. The final decision os expected by April 2019, with pilot delivery by next fall.

I just hope the MTA doesn't accept the Prevost X-345s as the next express bus order. The design is great, and I know there are a lot of people who likes theses buses, but it lacks a retarder, only has one standard engine, the Volvo D13, and it doesn't have the modern style feel like Low floor for ADA accessibility. The buses are great, but doesn't have these key features

Edited by East New York

On 10/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, Ultimategamer12c said:

Umm I'm so confuse rn with the XD40 orders aren't those topose to be FP units ? That means FP would either get 7500 -7507 from JA instead of getting 7540 -7547 cause I'm guessing it will 7520-7539 for GA  but anyone can correct me if I'm wrong 

see my comment below please

On 10/8/2018 at 8:58 PM, MHV184 said:

I noticed that Quills order has been giving to I believe JA since they have a bus that belongs to MQ. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you all are not keeping up with the conversation, please go back and review previous pages, or reference the first page of this thread. Some of you (basically the same users) continue to be clueless as to some of what's going on and I'm not understanding why. Topics like XD40 assignments have been discussed almost every other day, and the disposition of almost everything going on in the system generally is on the first page as well.  

On 10/9/2018 at 11:40 PM, Around the Horn said:

With the 2015 order, depots received buses in batches of ten. Buses were purposefully delivered out of numerical order to keep the buses within the assigned number ranges.

It seems this time that they're building them in number order and just assigning buses randomly as they come in in packs of 15-20...

That 2014-2015 order was random as well when it comes to delivery just like all the others. The assignments however were pretty much complete when the buses came in. They didn't get anything in batches of 10, and buses are not delivered in high numbers like that from the manufacturer anyway.

What you are likely referring to and thinking of is the odd batch 7140-7150, which was sent to UP out of sequence. That was actually 11 buses, which were built with the first 20 buses off the line, and therefore are 2014 models actually.They didn't get those all at once tho. 

10 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

I just hope the MTA doesn't accept the Prevost X-345s as the next express bus order. The design is great, and I know there are a lot of people who likes theses buses, but it lacks a retarder, only has one standard engine, the Volvo D13, and it doesn't have the modern style feel like Low floor for ADA accessibility. The buses are great, but doesn't have these key features

Fuel economy is what it boiled down to for the last order. The Prevost is more fuel efficient than the classic and contemporary D-Series models. This time around, it will end up being based on the features mentioned above. They do however have a retarder as do all transit buses, and most all heavy duty vehicles.

I see MCI, and Alexander-Dennis as our next OTR coach manufacturers. 

Edited by East New York
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, RSMG106 said:

The Prevosts do have a retarder. It's silent as hell but its there and it works. The reason why Prevost only offers the D13 is because why put money in their competitors' pockets? I want MCI to win the next order but Prevost does push a great product.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

The Prevosts do have a retarder. It's silent as hell but its there and it works. The reason why Prevost only offers the D13 is because why put money in their competitors' pockets? I want MCI to win the next order but Prevost does push a great product.

I will admit that. Now I can understand why these buses are more different than the MCIs.