For the C Train’s Rickety and Rackety Cars, Retirement Will Have to Wait

Gramps

For your information Israel Kamakawiwo'ole had a wife, and had a daughter. Both of them are still alive. So before you do any bashing do your damn research, and again there is nothing wrong with fat people. Many great people throughout history were obese. Only in today's times skinny people are respected. Throughout history people killed to be fat, because being fat was a status symbol that you were doing well, but today if you are fat you are teased and mocked.

tl;dr

You dont know what your talking about, stop posting out of your so called "personal facts", especially about fat people and fat subway cars and all that sour BS.

#1. The R32s AND R46s have been getting AC problems....

#2. Whats with the personal hatred for the R42s that makes you think people "suffer" from those cars?

#3. Most of your points make no sense. Stop posting some really dumb personal issue and go with some solid facts.....

NEXT!

He hates fat people... and 75-footers. Not too surprising.

But loves purses and heeled boots, but i'm the pedophile ******?...SIT DOWN!!! SMH! (Vent)

I'm sorry, but to continually insult people just because, I'm not going for it. Get some facts then come up to this debate.

I was referring to FlushingExp since he seems to rant about "fat people". I'm not against fat people at all, so I apologize for the confusion.

I know, my comment was about this Hypocrite Fruit Salad Sally, Flushing Express, as well! (AND I'm co-signing what I said)

anyways! back on topic!!!

Idk why NY1 exaggerated the report on the (C) line's cars. they are not dirty and they dont break down during passenger service :tdown:

anywho, when those 32's get an SMS, IMO they all should be placed on the (J)/(Z) lines since that line spends most its route outside. placing the 8 car R160's on the (C) would greatly please (C) riders. (J) riders really dont care what rolls into their stations, same with (A) riders. so while the (C) has R160's and the (A) has those R46's we shouldnt hear any complaints

Guest lance25

Anyway...,

Maybe rehabbing the R32's might work. Like painting them in the colors they had before the GOH's, and add the sky blue seats, removing the roll signs they have now and adding LCD displays, give a LCD front roll sign display like the ones on the R160's, repainting the interior white, putting in new floors, cleaning out the smell of the car, adding the clock strip signs like ones on the R160's, and adding that strip map similar to the ones on the R160's. That should stop most complaints.

Yeah, I don't see the R32s getting NTT-ified. It's just not worth the cost to add all these features to a car class that's only supposed to last through 2017 at the very latest. The most they'll probably do during the SMS is fix the A/C problems and major issues that are bringing down the MDBF for these cars. Remember, this SMS is only supposed to be a stopgap measure until there are enough R179s available to replace the older cars. This isn't a full-fledged overhaul like the ones done in the late 1980s.

As it has been one year since the 53/Lex elevator operator first revealed to me what is going to happen in the future, I think it is time for an update. I encountered him last night, when looking for some keys I dropped down the elevator shaft, and he was pleased to give me an update.

The original report, for reference:http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=319758#post319758

B/D/F/M- Since the R160s have orange led signs on their sides, they will be reassigned to run ONLY on the 6th avenue line. the Jamaica R160s not needed for the F will be reassigned to Concourse to fill up the D line. The B will run with R160s from Coney Island.

Since R32s need to be maintained out of every shop in the system, at least 1 train of R32s will be assigned to every single line, including all 4 6th avenue lines. There will be one train of R32s running on the V to stop people complaining about the loss of this service.

N/Q/R- Since R46s have yellow side signs, they will run ONLY on the Broadway line. the A/G's R46s will be reassigned to Coney Island for N and Q service. Of course, a train of R32s will have to run on each line. As there are not enough R46s for these lines, we will have to retrofit R44 signs into some R68As to make service.

A/C/E- The 8th ave local C/E lines is where many R68s will go. The A will get PA1-PA4s(to be redesignated R43,R45,R50,and R64) as they need the little backlit side destination signs due to the A's varied terminii. I think some Philly broad street subway cars will run here because some of them had threshold plates painted red, which means they will go to pitken yard. The C will run 12 car trains of R68s to make up for all the years of short trains. (R32s will not run here because they are banned from the A C and E.)

J/Z/L- The J will get the Ls R143s, because L riders have had to deal with the unfairness of having cars as old as the R143s instead of R160s. The rest of the J, as well as the entire L and Z, will consist of R68s. The R68s are heavy enough to knock anything out of there way if they cant fit because they are 75 feet. There will be an R32 train assigned to each line.

G- The G will run 8 car trains of R42s and R160s. (There will also be an 8 car train of R32s assigned here)

1/2/3- These lines will get all R142s, as they have red front signs, of course, like other lines, there will be one train of R32s assigned to each of these lines.

4/5/6/7- These lines will run R62/As, except for the R32 trains. 3 pairs of R32s will be rebuilt into single cars for 7 service.

I know this is all true because the elevator operator at 53/Lex said it was true. He would know because he told me he is to become the superintendent of the T line shortly. unfortunately, he was in dirty ripped up clothes and smelled bad, or else i would have stayed in the elevator for longer to get more information.

As it turns out, not much has changed since then, but I have to reveal the unfortunate fact that Flushing Exp's post is correct. Too many people using the East NY station are fat, and it is clearly because of the bad influence set by the 75 foot cars. As a result, the C L and all 75 foot J trains will not stop at East NY. There will be traffic checkers stationed at ENY 24/7 to monitor passenger fitness, and if average passenger weights are estimated to be below 139 lbs per rider, ALL trains will stop, regardless of type. To accommodate L train riders, there will be a special shuttle from East NY station to Atlantic Avenue to allow for transfers to the L train. This shuttle will run with cosmetically unrestored R1-9s salvaged from restaurants and back yards worldwide. They will be rebuilt mechanically with M2 parts. It is hoped that the straight edges of the R1-9s will encourage the riders to lead a healthier life.

Also, to encourage greater fitness, cross platform transfers will be eliminated. How you ask? by building fences down the center of the platforms. so that people have to run to either end of the platform, or up a flight of stairs, in order to make their connection.

Because of R46 air conditioning problems, all functional R44s and museum equipment will be pressed into service on the Broadway line. Their place in the museum will be taken by stripped R44s deemed unrestorable. The Remaining R44s will go to the J in order to accommodate its extension to Coney Island. The exact routing of the J will vary from day to day to avoid excessive R44 fan accumulation, although I can guarantee, on some days it will run via the Crosstown IND. (R44 J trains have been seen testing here recently)

As a further weight loss initiative, restrooms will be installed in ALL odd numbered cars. These will take up the unused cabs in R62s and R68s, as well as the middle cabs in R32s and R42s. Urinating and defecating in these restrooms will not be allowed. Their sole purpose will be for the promotion of bulimic behavior. This will be enforced by cameras mounted in the toilets. Those using the toilets for inappropriate uses will be given electrical shocks.

I humbly apologize if I have forgotten any other notable upcoming plans.

Shaking my god damn head at this thread...

To all those who think "rebuilding" a car consists of repainting the interior to some nostalgic railfan BS, get a clue...

To the she-male who posted two pages of mind rot shit about "fatness"...get a clue. Look I generally don't like fat people (especially women) either but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand, and it has NOTHING to do with anything related in any way to a subway car. Pretty sure a 95,000 piece of steel coupled to 7 more just like it does not know the difference between a 150 pound and a 500 person pound sitting on it...just saying...

To the R32 fanboys with wet pants right now...enjoy it while it lasts but PLEASE stfu with bombarding every thread with this fanboy shit. Arguing about "which subway cars" you like better ought to be an auto ban around here because it indicates stupidity...but i guess that's why i'm not a moderator around here (not that i'd want to deal with this idiocy on a daily basis anyway)....

"carry on"

As it has been one year since the 53/Lex elevator operator first revealed to me what is going to happen in the future, I think it is time for an update. I encountered him last night, when looking for some keys I dropped down the elevator shaft, and he was pleased to give me an update.

The original report, for reference:http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=319758#post319758

As it turns out, not much has changed since then, but I have to reveal the unfortunate fact that Flushing Exp's post is correct. Too many people using the East NY station are fat, and it is clearly because of the bad influence set by the 75 foot cars. As a result, the C L and all 75 foot J trains will not stop at East NY. There will be traffic checkers stationed at ENY 24/7 to monitor passenger fitness, and if average passenger weights are estimated to be below 139 lbs per rider, ALL trains will stop, regardless of type. To accommodate L train riders, there will be a special shuttle from East NY station to Atlantic Avenue to allow for transfers to the L train. This shuttle will run with cosmetically unrestored R1-9s salvaged from restaurants and back yards worldwide. They will be rebuilt mechanically with M2 parts. It is hoped that the straight edges of the R1-9s will encourage the riders to lead a healthier life.

Also, to encourage greater fitness, cross platform transfers will be eliminated. How you ask? by building fences down the center of the platforms. so that people have to run to either end of the platform, or up a flight of stairs, in order to make their connection.

Because of R46 air conditioning problems, all functional R44s and museum equipment will be pressed into service on the Broadway line. Their place in the museum will be taken by stripped R44s deemed unrestorable. The Remaining R44s will go to the J in order to accommodate its extension to Coney Island. The exact routing of the J will vary from day to day to avoid excessive R44 fan accumulation, although I can guarantee, on some days it will run via the Crosstown IND. (R44 J trains have been seen testing here recently)

As a further weight loss initiative, restrooms will be installed in ALL odd numbered cars. These will take up the unused cabs in R62s and R68s, as well as the middle cabs in R32s and R42s. Urinating and defecating in these restrooms will not be allowed. Their sole purpose will be for the promotion of bulimic behavior. This will be enforced by cameras mounted in the toilets. Those using the toilets for inappropriate uses will be given electrical shocks.

I humbly apologize if I have forgotten any other notable upcoming plans.

Love it dude...you know the buffs better than they know themselves!

A 22 year old "male" with an icarly avatar who wears purses and heels complaining about subway car assignments and how "rounder" cars should run on lines where there are more "fat" people. And how passengers are miserable over certain cars running on their lines.

A few screws loose there.

A 22 year old "male" with an icarly avatar who wears purses and heels complaining about subway car assignments and how "rounder" cars should run on lines where there are more "fat" people. And how passengers are miserable over certain cars running on their lines.

A few screws loose there.

This post just had me on the floor :tup:

Maybe rehabbing the R32's might work. Like painting them in the colors they had before the GOH's, and add the sky blue seats, removing the roll signs they have now and adding LCD displays, give a LCD front roll sign display like the ones on the R160's, repainting the interior white, putting in new floors, cleaning out the smell of the car, adding the clock strip signs like ones on the R160's, and adding that strip map similar to the ones on the R160's. That should stop most complaints.
This overhaul would be a colossal waste of money. The R32 uses technology (well, under the car that is) that dates back to the 1950's. This is archaic technology that is past it's prime and to give it another GOH when they will be retired soon anyway is a waste of useful equipment and money that could be used to get new cars with all the technology you described.

Archived