New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/27/2022 at 1:06 PM, Tranzitfan81 said:

5334 on the 1??? Not sure why severely short Washington Twp is loaning buses to North Jersey, but this bus has been up there since last Tuesday apparently.

As a result of the shortage, there is a domino effect, Washington Twp has to borrow from Newton Avenue to assist with the 400 and 403 while Newton Avenue has been borrowing from Hamilton Twp ( Mercer County).  5509 was on the 413 yesterday and 5539 was down in Camden doing a 453 last week.  This week I saw 5578 on the 403 and 5582 and 5585 on the 400. 

On the MCI side, it seems like more Newton Avenue busses are down the Shore in Atlantic and Cape May Counties ( 17064, 19128, 19131 and 19150). 

Just to clear things up:
5334 is actually 6356. Neither 5334 or 6356 are tracking, so I believe that the tracker's been mixed up or something.AL9nZEUgdFwqlnbNPiMG_ZZnM69IPlky7zao9bCK

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Why get them in the first place? Clearly they don't need all of them. But I do agree that CUSAE has more buses then they need. Hell, they don't even use the NABI's for the Airport Express anymore.

Probably just rebrand 5631-5636 for locals then? They did it for 5638 already

Edited by DCTransitFilms

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, Lawrence St said:

Why get them in the first place? Clearly they don't need all of them. But I do agree that CUSAE has more buses then they need. Hell, they don't even use the NABI's for the Airport Express anymore.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:33 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

Probably just rebrand 5631-5636 for locals then? They did it for 5638 already

They still use the NABIs on the Airport route, I saw 6499 and two 5600s on it this past week.

Thanks for the clarifcation. They use some of them but not as much as they used to, they started using the MCI's since I'm guessing NJT told them to use em or lose em.

Ever since Community Coach got a piece of the Airport shuttle, they've been using them less. It's been largely a variety of MCIs lately but the NABIs do show up still.

Here's 6499 from like two nights ago, I was surprised to see this one out late.

PXL_20221221_035247938.thumb.jpg.594bd4b793a980e6348b86b0303aca1e.jpg

58 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Ever since Community Coach got a piece of the Airport shuttle, they've been using them less. It's been largely a variety of MCIs lately but the NABIs do show up still.

Here's 6499 from like two nights ago, I was surprised to see this one out late.

PXL_20221221_035247938.thumb.jpg.594bd4b793a980e6348b86b0303aca1e.jpg

Doesn't Suburban also get a taste of the Airport shuttle?

24 minutes ago, go25 said:

Doesn't Suburban also get a taste of the Airport shuttle?

They normally run it with Olympia, Community got added afterwards. They've been mostly using the ex-Rockland County 19000s & 20000s on it.

Edited by Cait Sith

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, davemackey said:

22118 only 22000 series cruiser not yet in service. 2023 D45 CRT's will prototype in summer and be mostly 2024 buses. 22902-22908 still in St. Cloud, along with maybe the first of the 60 artics which should be on deck.

60 artics?? They exercised the option order?

60 artics?? They exercised the option order?

Yep.

AtThat 119 line is popping ever since transit took over and converted it into an artic route, with some Nabis and an occasional MCI. Like you guys know, Transit wants the 126 line to be a full artic line during off peaks and weekends. The 123 line is a give or take of XD60s. Also, routes 1 & 25 still needs more XD60s because of rising heavy ridership. I've said it before that them 60 artic buses will be split between Meadowlands and Hilton

Edited by FlxMtroD
Add on to my response

9 hours ago, FlxMtroD said:

Yep.

I think we are going to see a greater emphasis on 60-foot buses in the NJT system. Think about dedicated busways on longer routes. They already have more artics than they ever had when they were the Volvo B10MA and the Neoplan AN459, and now they're expanding using the 60 options from the 2020 contract, and they're going to test some electrics in that length as well. New Flyer has really been rocking it with electric buses in other cities and hopefully the NJ riders and staff will get a charge out of them too (hee hee).

In a way, I'm glad NJT didn't go with Proterra. Their electric buses for Philly are just sitting there rotting, and I think someone at NJT noticed.

2 hours ago, davemackey said:

I think we are going to see a greater emphasis on 60-foot buses in the NJT system. Think about dedicated busways on longer routes. They already have more artics than they ever had when they were the Volvo B10MA and the Neoplan AN459, and now they're expanding using the 60 options from the 2020 contract, and they're going to test some electrics in that length as well. New Flyer has really been rocking it with electric buses in other cities and hopefully the NJ riders and staff will get a charge out of them too (hee hee).

In a way, I'm glad NJT didn't go with Proterra. Their electric buses for Philly are just sitting there rotting, and I think someone at NJT noticed.

New Flyer " is the way to go" kkkk, when it comes to electrics. 

Dave, I've thought transit back then had close to 200 Volvo artics at four of the garages ( Hilton, Big Tree, Fairview & Meadowlands) if I'm not mistaken. I've always thought NJT should have around 250 or more artics. Jersey City is going bananas when it comes to population growth, condos galore, heavy investments and surely emphasis on transit. Soon it will overtake Newark as to being the largest city in Jersey population wise.

Of course I know it all boils down to space at the current garages  of holding additional artics, how long it will take for Union City Garage to open back to business and the mega bus facility in  Ridgefield Park to be built.

23 hours ago, jass said:

More 2 door garbage, or 3-4 doors like a competent transit agency?

Two doors. I would agree that the artics that serve routes within Jersey should get the three door model, while the New York routes have the two door. Yet maximum seating capacity matters to NJT and most passengers

• 2 weeks later...