New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if its a loan for the day. Some Market St buses are borrowed on ocassion.

I was just told by a friend that Market Street is helping out Fairview due to their NABI situation, so yes its probably a loan for the day.

On 11/6/2023 at 5:48 PM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

7412, 7605, 7668, 7690, 7695-7696, 7703, 7705, 7726-7727, 7738, 7750, 7755, 7823, 7840, 7859, 7866, 8033, 8270, 8289, 8979 (21 units). Anyone can correct this list if needed.

One for the history books.

As of November 16th all the above units have been decommissioned and no longer on Oradell Property. You can find them at the North Bergen lot 

Doing a last check, it appears all of the D4000 system wide are no longer in use. My gosh 20 plus years of public use they survived well

Edited by Gmansports

2 hours ago, Gmansports said:

As of November 16th all the above units have been decommissioned and no longer on Oradell Property. You can find them at the North Bergen lot 

Doing a last check, it appears all of the D4000 system wide are no longer in use. My gosh 20 plus years of public use they survived well

I remember I heard an operator from Oradell mention they had less than two weeks left. That was on November 7th. I haven't seen any out the entire week. Does seem to be likely though as a bunch of 21000s came in recently.

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I remember I heard an operator from Oradell mention they had less than two weeks left. That was on November 7th. I haven't seen any out the entire week. Does seem to be likely though as a bunch of 21000s came in recently.

We all thought they wouldn’t make it past 2021, here we are two years, finally retired.

16 hours ago, Gmansports said:

So long to hearing the Jake Brake off those D4000s. At least now some Wayne's 20000 year model cruisers and also 17785 have developed deep groan personality to them. They're getting the work. Don't know about the other garages of their MCIs though. I'm still amazed that Oradell has kept their 22000 MCIs looking clean from the exterior 

14 hours ago, NJTE said:

We all thought they wouldn’t make it past 2021, here we are two years, finally retired.

Those were all really good buses. I miss them.  I recall riding many of those out of Washington Twp and Newton Avenue garages when I lived in NJ.  Out of the D4500s I must say I like the 20-22Ks better than the 17-19Ks that are in the Camden and Turnersville garages now. Their C brake is better and overall they sound better. 

2 hours ago, 46Dover said:

21029 is at Wayne and more 18070s are there too.  I got to drive 18077

18077 has been at Wayne since the summer. As for the 21000, I think Wayne has been borrowing Meadowlands units for a while. I remember seeing 21073 a month ago and 18098 was at Wayne for a day or two before heading back.

6 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

18077 has been at Wayne since the summer. As for the 21000, I think Wayne has been borrowing Meadowlands units for a while. I remember seeing 21073 a month ago and 18098 was at Wayne for a day or two before heading back.

21029 is a Oradell bus but you're right Meadowlands do be loaning buses to Wayne and vice versa? as I saw 19165 on the 119 not too long ago.

Edited by DCTransitFilms

7 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

A lot of these buses end up all over the place due to breakdowns. Especially the PABT lines. Whatever is available will be used. 

21029 was a Howell Bus.

When Howell breaks down above exit 14 meadowlands sends a bus if at Weehawken, Galvan, or PABT anything goes. 

This is how 22056 ended up at Egg Harbor. Hell I’ve brought back Oradell buses to Egg Harbor. 

Any garage can use any bus from another garage until their bus is fixed wherever it’s at. 

17 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

When did 7271 get into an accident?

15 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

This happened about two weeks into my NJT training, along with a classmate that ended her training by turning into a wall at PABT snarling the morning rush hour 🤦‍♂️

2023 had been an interesting year for the DT4500CT bus reshuffling since the downsize of Coach USA and Academy service settlement with NJ.  We are done with any future cruiser type order and fulfillment. I was hoping to see a D4500 CRT in the fleet this year,  However that order has been put on hold indefinitely. Next up are the Nabi replacement with the XD40 diesels.

Last board meeting, there was not any discussion from public at all regarding the approval of diesel only order. This shows you how the public does not invest enough time to provide feedback on bus operations nor they ask who are the new buses for? 

Edited by Gmansports

44 minutes ago, Gmansports said:

2023 had been an interesting year for the DT4500CT bus reshuffling since the downsize of Coach USA and Academy service settlement with NJ.  We are done with any future cruiser type order and fulfillment. I was hoping to see a D4500 CRT in the fleet this year,  However that order has been put on hold indefinitely. Next up are the Nabi replacement with the XD40 diesels.

Last board meeting, there was not any discussion from public at all regarding the approval of diesel only order. This shows you how the public does not invest enough time to provide feedback on bus operations nor they ask who are the new buses for? 

Oh so they did postpone that CRT order indefinitely?

On 11/18/2023 at 12:43 PM, Tranzitfan81 said:

Those were all really good buses. I miss them.  I recall riding many of those out of Washington Twp and Newton Avenue garages when I lived in NJ.  Out of the D4500s I must say I like the 20-22Ks better than the 17-19Ks that are in the Camden and Turnersville garages now. Their C brake is better and overall they sound better. 

I recall riding them when they ran out of Fairview and Oradell, fun buses.

9 hours ago, Gmansports said:

8 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Oh so they did postpone that CRT order indefinitely?

Wasn't that surprising that the CRT order was postponed. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it was outright cancelled.

Once I saw those 17000s and 21000s begin returning to NJT, the CRT order wasn't coming anytime soon.

10 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Wasn't that surprising that the CRT order was postponed. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it was outright cancelled.

Once I saw those 17000s and 21000s begin returning to NJT, the CRT order wasn't coming anytime soon.

I've read on another forum that the D4500CRT order was cancelled