New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I wonder when they'll start doing the NABI's.

They already started. With ONE Bus ending local service in Newark, and with NJT taking over those routes, the 65XX NABIs are going to replace the suburban ones. Fairview has started retiring them. 

1 hour ago, go25 said:

They already started. With ONE Bus ending local service in Newark, and with NJT taking over those routes, the 65XX NABIs are going to replace the suburban ones. Fairview has started retiring them. 

Not entirely.

Fairview is only retiring NABIs that have blown motors.

3 hours ago, go25 said:

Is there a significant difference between the suburban Nabis vs the standard transit versions besides the seats?

48 minutes ago, Arrow III said:

Is there a significant difference between the suburban Nabis vs the standard transit versions besides the seats?

Engines for one. The first batch of the suburbans are Caterpilar until CAT left the bus market and Cummins was placed during production 

1 hour ago, Arrow III said:

engines were mentioned, but the doors as well. the glass panels on the suburbans are more curvy and the transits have them at 90 degree angles. also the white paint extends onto the front door of the suburbans whilst the transit's front door is all black.

7 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Unfortunately Greenville was moved to the central division. 

So its true?

I did hear the 1 does some extra runs from Greenville and saw a few buses operate on the 1 (5241 over Thanksgivng weekend). Would that be the reason Greenville is now Central?

Edited by DCTransitFilms

47 minutes ago, go25 said:

You can thank Westwood for that

This whole division thing is pointless, especially with control center. I can't tell you how many times I've had issues on the 319 that I let North know, and they don't tell south what's going and I'm getting yelled at from the south control center. 

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

This whole division thing is pointless, especially with control center. I can't tell you how many times I've had issues on the 319 that I let North know, and they don't tell south what's going and I'm getting yelled at from the south control center. 

The 2 don’t communicate with each other.