New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What surprised me is the recent bus order for articulated buses. Meant to consolidate some of the existing 40 feet nabi. Does NJT even have room to accommodate? Something is missing here, remember this bus order was created in joint effort between Transit and the private carrier committee. I suspect a good chunk of this will be dispersed to the private carriers whoever they may be at that time.

On 11/24/2023 at 10:10 AM, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

It's a Meadowlands unit. Their buses show up sometimes on Wayne routes. Meadowlands does have pieces of the 190.

Meadowlands only go as far as Rutherford; 190R only. They have no parts of the 161.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

3 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Meadowlands only go as far as Rutherford; 190R only. They have no parts of the 161.

Already knew that. I do admit I needed to word my response better to not make it look like I said that "Meadowlands has pieces of the 161" or something like that.

That being said, a Meadowlands unit sometimes makes its way up whever a unit is straight up borrowed from there.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

8 hours ago, go25 said:

5312 spotted late last night on the 107 at Newark Airport

5 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

The bus was on the 90 not too long ago. It could be a loan from Greenville.

Greenville is apart of the Central Division as of recently according to one of their operators, so makes sense as to why they’re loaning to other Central Division Depots

13 minutes ago, go25 said:

Since when?

A friend spoke to a Greenville op who was doing the Metropark-Matawan NJCL bus bridge (a job only done by the Central Div) and that op said Greenville was part of that Div, this was like 3 weeks ago. Bus was #5740

Edited by NJTE

2 hours ago, NJTE said:

A friend spoke to a Greenville op who was doing the Metropark-Matawan NJCL bus bridge (a job only done by the Central Div) and that op said Greenville was part of that Div, this was like 3 weeks ago. Bus was #5740

Greenville is a northern division garage, chief. Nothing has changed as to what garage is in what division.

You got really bad information.

Edited by Cait Sith

On 11/22/2023 at 1:54 PM, Arrow III said:

8 2006-2008 MCI 4500 (9002, 9047, 7136, 9014, 7151, 7170, 9050, and 9041) listed for auction on GovDeals:

https://www.govdeals.com/asset/322/6644

I loved 7170. Used it everyday when I did the 319. If only transit didn't auction off buses in groups I would have loved to own it. Oh well.