New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, go25 said:

I assume the bus driver tried to beat the train, and lost

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  I seriously hope that NJT considers firing that driver.  Luckily it was a light rail and not an actual train where passengers could have gotten seriously hurt or killed.

Also, those River Line trains do not move that fast.  Driver 100% tried to beat it when it was too close.

35 minutes ago, Arrow III said:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  I seriously hope that NJT considers firing that driver.  Luckily it was a light rail and not an actual train where passengers could have gotten seriously hurt or killed.

Also, those River Line trains do not move that fast.  Driver 100% tried to beat it when it was too close.

I agree. As someone from that area; I've been on the train as it approaches the WRTC stop and been on the buses entering the WRTC. The train was likely going less than 20 mph. And there's a signal light there for buses turning into the WRTC. The driver likely ran through the signal.  Hopefully no one got seriously hurt. That garage(WTWP) is already severely short buses so this is another MCI bus out of commission for a while unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, 46Dover said:

Wayne has 21287,21288,21304,21305

Does anyone know if Academy still have 21291 & 21293? Heard those are still with them.

Also heard Suburban Transit will return all their 21000s. Probably Rockland Coaches will follow soon imo.

Edited by DCTransitFilms

On 12/18/2023 at 11:15 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Saw 6499, 6500, and 6548 out on occasion (they mostly use the MCIs they have on loan). I haven't seen 5631-5636 often though.

Only some of those are actually loans

The Community/Rockland 17000s and 20000s are actually operated by Community themselves, as they have runs on the airport express.

The Suburban MCIs that are used I believe are the only loans Olympia have.

On 12/19/2023 at 4:39 PM, DCTransitFilms said:

6481 A&C to Meadowlands. Was out earlier. 

supposedly Meadowlands are also getting 5920, 6463, 6478, 6486, and 6488

As a result; 5505 and 5511 have returned to the Trenton area.  It looks like they have Camden's 5569 as well.

22902 also back in Camden, was on the 452 Wednesday ( per Mybusnow). 

On 12/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, Tranzitfan81 said:

As a result; 5505 and 5511 have returned to the Trenton area.  It looks like they have Camden's 5569 as well.

22902 also back in Camden, was on the 452 Wednesday ( per Mybusnow). 

I thought it went back to Newton Ave. 5570 is still at Meadowlands.

1 hour ago, go25 said:

Probably to CMF?

Also has anyone seen what's the latest with A&C Bus Corp former garage?

I live by it. There's been some work in and out of there lately. Not sure the plan of it though.

1 hour ago, NJTE said:

6467 is getting towed away from the Meadowlands Bone Yard, not sure to where tho (I just saw it)

Likely going to CMF to be repainted

Edited by DCTransitFilms