Subway - What If?

VWM

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Whole IRT New Lots Line will be closed for rehabilitation works. Reroute the (2)(3)(4)(5) .

Duration: 10 years

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC AND SAY WHICH STATIONS ARE AFFECTED. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU MEAN BY "IRT New Lots Line"

I'll assume that you mean the (3)(4) after Franklin

(2) unaffected

(3) runs to Flatbush Av at all times except late night, when it runs its usual late night pattern

(4) runs to Flatbush Av and replaces the (5) at all times

(5) runs to between the Bronx and Bowling Green at all times besides late night when it runs its usual late night pattern

(3) trains run at reduced service as to not overload Flatbush Av. In addition, some (4) trains may terminate at Bowling Green.

Next: inspired by Quill Depot's scenario, but a bit more challenging...

At 4 AM, no trains can leave Corona Yard. How do you provide service for (7) riders?

Well... this one depends on the width of the platforms, but it could be the only way...

(N) and (Q) trains are rerouted to Willets Point. Shuttle trains run between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria. Q12 buses and extra shuttle buses run to Willets Point.

34th Street - Herald Square station is impassable. Reroute B, D, F, M, N, Q, R

(B) No service b/w West 4 Street & The Bronx.

(C)(E) Via 8 Avenue Express.

(D) Two sections:

The Bronx - World Trade Center via 8 Avenue Local.

West 4 Street - Brooklyn.

(F) Via 8 Avenue Local - 53 Street.

(M) No service b/w West 4 Street & 47/50 Streets-Rockefeller Center via 63 Street.

(N) No service b/w Canal Street & Times Square-42 Street.

(Q) No service b/w Canal Street & Queens, via tunnel.

(R) Via Bridge - 8 Avenue Local - 53 Street. Select trains run to Times Square-42 Street.

SUMMARY:

8 Avenue Express - (A)(C)(E)

8 Avenue Local - (D)(F)(R)

53 Street - (E)(F)(R)

63 Street - (M)

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Well... this one depends on the width of the platforms, but it could be the only way...

(N) and (Q) trains are rerouted to Willets Point. Shuttle trains run between Queensboro Plaza and Astoria. Q12 buses and extra shuttle buses run to Willets Point.

Back at the weed again I see Threxx. TSS where are ya :lol: .

R160s are TOO WIDE to fit on the Flushing IRT.

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC AND SAY WHICH STATIONS ARE AFFECTED. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU MEAN BY "IRT New Lots Line"

I'll assume that you mean the (3)(4) after Franklin

Gee, dude, as usual there's no need to get upset about something as little as this...The "IRT New Lots Line" is actually the real name for the line which you correctly guessed. There's even a Wikipedia article on it:

http://en.wikipedia....T_New_Lots_Line

I'm just saying...You get upset too easily over little issues like people not phrasing things in ways that you understand.

Gee, dude, as usual there's no need to get upset about something as little as this...The "IRT New Lots Line" is actually the real name for the line which you correctly guessed. There's even a Wikipedia article on it:

http://en.wikipedia....T_New_Lots_Line

I'm just saying...You get upset too easily over little issues like people not phrasing things in ways that you understand.

I wouldn't say he was upset (and especially not me--more like confused), but when I tackled it, I had to make sure you meant "East of Franklin" because otherwise to the untrained eye (or myself, tourist) "New Lots would also include Eastern Parkway." Which would muck everything up.

Next: inspired by Quill Depot's scenario, but a bit more challenging...

At 4 AM, no trains can leave Corona Yard. How do you provide service for (7) riders?

How many trains are out at 4am? (4-5) They'll continue to run 20 minute intervals.

<7> is cancelled for the AM rush.

LIRR could cross-honor for Woodside and Flushing. Trains can make additional stops at Willets.

Shuttles in place for Queensboro and points east.

I wouldn't say he was upset (and especially not me--more like confused), but when I tackled it, I had to make sure you meant "East of Franklin" because otherwise to the untrained eye (or myself, tourist) "New Lots would also include Eastern Parkway." Which would muck everything up.

I understand now. It's just that I felt like Gorgor had a history of getting upset over little things such as this, which made me feel like he was upset. BTW, it was ttcsubwayfan who posted the scenario, not me.

Next: All Queensbound trains going through 60th Street are set for the 60th Street connector which the (R) runs on to get to QB local.

(N)(Q) No service b/w 57 Street-7 Avenue & Queensboro Plaza.

Trains already on 60 Street run to Queens Plaza or 71 Avenue (via Queens Local) and turn there.

(N)(Q) No service b/w 57 Street-7 Avenue & Queensboro Plaza.

Trains already on 60 Street run to Queens Plaza or 71 Avenue (via Queens Local) and turn there.

Astoria riders?

CORRECTION: (4)(5)(6)<6>(J)(Z)(R)

(4)(5)(6)<6>(J)(Z)(R) Skip Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall - Chambers Street.

(R) Select trains run via Bridge.

I think he means the stop is impassible for those lines. Someone would not create something that easy.

Edited by Quill Depot

Astoria riders?

Whaddya mean?

I think he means the stop is impassible for those lines. Someone would not create something that easy.

If that's the case...

(4)(5)(6)<6> No service b/w Grand Central-42 Street and Wall Street or Brooklyn Bridge.

(J)(Z) No service b/w Essex Street & Broad Street.

(R) Via Bridge.

Well I redeem myself so...I'm going to make another problem in the What-If thread.

A murder had occured on the D train terminating platform at Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station. The station is closed for investigation. Reroute: (D)(F)(N)(Q) .

Well I redeem myself so...I'm going to make another problem in the What-If thread.

A murder had occured on the D train terminating platform at Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station. The station is closed for investigation. Reroute: (D)(F)(N)(Q) .

(D) terminates at bay 50th (F) Terminates at ave X (N) Terminates @ 86th street (some trains routed via (R) to 95th) and (Q) terminates at Brighton Beach

Edited by BreeddekalbL

NEXT: It's 6PM and Whitlock Avenue (6) is impassible. No trains can get to the yard for the night.

Reroute the (6)<6> and where do you store trains?

Store them on the (4) express track in the bronx.

(6) Terminates at Hunts Point Ave, with select trains to 149th St-Grand Concourse

<6> Suspended

(B) Extended to Ocean Parkway.

(D) No service b/w Bay 50 Street & Coney Island.

(F) No service b/w Avenue X & Coney Island, select trains are extended to Neptune Avenue.

(N) No service b/w 86 Street & Coney Island.

(Q) No service b/w Ocean Parkway & Coney Island, select trains extended to W. 8 Street-NY Aquarium.