Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Hi guys.  Went in today for medical processing and was sworn in, thank God!  I was nerve wrecking because my information didn't transfer from the front desk to medical so I sat waiting until everyone else was called (I was originally #112) and when I finally asked why I hadn't been called they told me I had to get a new number.  I then got #200 so I was practically last but it was all worth it!  Is anyone else here starting 2/24?  My list # 191x.  Thanks for all the information provided here, it helped me prepare tremendously and kept me from panicking.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys.  Went in today for medical processing and was sworn in, thank God!  I was nerve wrecking because my information didn't transfer from the front desk to medical so I sat waiting until everyone else was called (I was originally #112) and when I finally asked why I hadn't been called they told me I had to get a new number.  I then got #200 so I was practically last but it was all worth it!  Is anyone else here starting 2/24?  My list # 191x.  Thanks for all the information provided here, it helped me prepare tremendously and kept me from panicking.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

How much time did you have in between the time you got called for the medical and the actual appointment.  I'm in California at the moment so this is important to me.

Urbanfortitude I was in for the 1st d/t on 11/18, 2nd one on 1/27 and sworn in 2/12.  They called me on Friday 2/7,  at about  2:45, to tell me to come in on 2/12 ( I remember because I was getting ready for work and I threw up right afterwards) I hope this helps..

Urbanfortitude I was in for the 1st d/t on 11/18, 2nd one on 1/27 and sworn in 2/12. They called me on Friday 2/7, at about 2:45, to tell me to come in on 2/12 ( I remember because I was getting ready for work and I threw up right afterwards) I hope this helps..

You were called vía or by mail for the final process??

I went down for processing on Wednesday but couldn't proceed because of a pending case. At the moment it's a misdemeanor but it will be dropped to a violation and a ACD. Has anyone in this form had a similar situation and what was the outcome?

Edited by Allday

Congrats jromanva!! Glad to see that things worked out for you. Thanks for letting the rest of us that are "patiently" waiting, know how far down the list they've gotten.

Anyone else get the call to report for final processing?

I took my 2nd D/T on 2/7. I was supposed to have taken it on 1/31 but I never got the letter. Thanks to this forum though, I noticed list numbers higher than mine being called for a 2nd D/T and I called to see what the deal was. I got it done but I hope the week delay in taking that D/T doesn't delay my call for final processing. List# 200x-201x

Congrats jromanva!! Glad to see that things worked out for you. Thanks for letting the rest of us that are "patiently" waiting, know how far down the list they've gotten.

Anyone else get the call to report for final processing?

I took my 2nd D/T on 2/7. I was supposed to have taken it on 1/31 but I never got the letter. Thanks to this forum though, I noticed list numbers higher than mine being called for a 2nd D/T and I called to see what the deal was. I got it done but I hope the week delay in taking that D/T doesn't delay my call for final processing. List# 200x-201x

Can you join the union in school car or afterwards?

From what I was told you won't get union representation till after your probation is over. You belong to Schoolcar for that time. Meaning they can fire you for one infraction. Yes one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I was told you won't get union representation till after your probation is over. You belong to Schoolcar for that time. Meaning they can fire you for one infraction. Yes one. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Understood. Probation is one year including school car. So, my other question is; when do you start paying union dues? After 90 days???

From what I was told you won't get union representation till after your probation is over. You belong to Schoolcar for that time. Meaning they can fire you for one infraction. Yes one. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TWU Local 100 will make it firmly understood to you that they have your back from your very first day, but not to the FULLEST extent they say. That's what the union representative said. I take this as you basically better not screw up in front of any TSS's that wanna write you up, or get any customer complaints or get banged in. New conductors are basically taught to bang in T/Os that overrun stations or are constantly making hard stops, or wait until or remind the T/O to call rail control, otherwise it's both your asses. I hate it.

That my brother is a good question! 

On your very first check you get hit with union dues, about 27 bux.

TWU Local 100 will make it firmly understood to you that they have your back from your very first day, but not to the FULLEST extent they say. That's what the union representative said. I take this as you basically better not screw up in front of any TSS's that wanna write you up, or get any customer complaints or get banged in. New conductors are basically taught to bang in T/Os that overrun stations or are constantly making hard stops, or wait until or remind the T/O to call rail control, otherwise it's both your asses. I hate it.

On your very first check you get hit with union dues, about 27 bux.

$27.00 a week?

You have union representation while you are on probation. The only things about being on probation:

-You belong to Schoolcar.

-You can be fired without a disciplinary hearing. This is because disciplinary hearings occur through Labor Relations. Since you belong to Schoolcar, Schoolcar is responsible for disciplining you, sending you for additional training, etc. Often the formality of a hearing does not occur. While field supervision will conduct their own investigations of any incidents, schoolcar handles the follow up. This is not a bad thing, as they tend to be more lenient than Labor Relations. Thus while the union can represent you, most times post-incident follow up is handled by the train operator directly with the training unit. However the union has gotten involved to help save probationaries in the past, particularly with instances relating to use of sick time as it pertains to TA extending the employee's probation period.

Dues is about $27 out of every paycheck, so every two weeks.

Also remember this thing and trust me it helps, it has helped me..You are always on probation!!! Don't think just because you are off probation it means you got it made. Labor Relations is starting with termination these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Next class is on 3/31/14...... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tis true.  I had my medical today and passed with flying colors.  Anyone who's in on the 31st see ya there!

Hey urbanfortitude.... What range is your list number? If you don't mind. Mine is 2100's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Hey urbanfortitude.... What range is your list number? If you don't mind. Mine is 2100's Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000-2020

Damn!!!! Congrats BTW!!! This list is moving!! I went on feb. 5 for d/t. I'm waiting patiently. And I have been reading this thread extensively. And thanks to everyone for the sound advice. It's very insightful. So there's no need for me to ask anything. Pretty much everything regarding final processing is covered on here. You just gotta "dig". Good luck man!! God willing I will be there too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk