Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Well not to bust anybody's bubble but not getting what you want when you first start is the norm down here, School car is easy because you know ahead of time where you have to report, wait  until to you finish training and come out to the road and become extra extra and they have you going all over the place from day to day with different reporting times and also your tour of duty and days off are subject to change on a weekly basis.   Enjoy school car while you can  and  also get to know your classmates as they will be your support through out those early years believe me you will need all the support you can get.

Thanks Etrain!!!! Hey that's life!!!! We can't get get exactly what we want, the way want, when we want it. This is a job I've wanted as a child. Never thought I would get it at 35, nonetheless I got it. Thank God!! So what I didn't get the B division. I have a chance to accomplish my childhood dream. How many can really say that!? I'll rock out in the A division, pay my dues, then if, and when I get an opportunity to pick (how ever long that takes) then I'll pick in the B division!! Of course there is a period of disappointment. Brush off my shoulders and keep on pushing! Thanks again Etrain!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Etrain!!!! Hey that's life!!!! We can't get get exactly what we want, the way want, when we want it. This is a job I've wanted as a child. Never thought I would get it at 35, nonetheless I got it. Thank God!! So what I didn't get the B division. I have a chance to accomplish my childhood dream. How many can really say that!? I'll rock out in the A division, pay my dues, then if, and when I get an opportunity to pick (how ever long that takes) then I'll pick in the B division!! Of course there is a period of disappointment. Brush off my shoulders and keep on pushing! Thanks again Etrain!

You got the right attitude brother, keep that up and you most definitely will accomplish your goal. Hope to see you on the road soon.

You got the right attitude brother, keep that up and you most definitely will accomplish your goal. Hope to see you on the road soon.

Thank you my brother!!!!! I appreciate the support. Definitely looking forward to meeting you.

yeah i got put on A, Also they breezed thru where the checks are going. i told him i was coming from long island and he said something about near jamaica, wasn't paying attention as i was in a daze from the thought of going all the way to the bronx every day :( anyone know if there's a list of the offices somewhere

It's not that bad. A Division is much easier for new train operators - there is much less equipment, no hand throw yards, and very few lineups to remember as compared to the B Division. The only thing is be prepared for ATS (don't worry about it now, but your instructors will explain it to you).

If you're coming from Long Island, the crew office will know that, and sometimes help you out by giving you (7) line jobs. Learn to like the (7) and you will do OK. That said, there will still be times you have to go to the Bronx, but you can get just about anywhere in the A Div. in under an hour in a half once you get to an A Division location. B Division locations are much more spread out, and even B Division people have to go to the Bronx or upper Manhattan sometimes.

Then, if you'd still like to go to the B, you can put in your request and do so when you are able to pick a job over there.

yeah i got put on A, Also they breezed thru where the checks are going. i told him i was coming from long island and he said something about near jamaica, wasn't paying attention as i was in a daze from the thought of going all the way to the bronx every day :( anyone know if there's a list of the offices somewhere It's not that bad. A Division is much easier for new train operators - there is much less equipment, no hand throw yards, and very few lineups to remember as compared to the B Division. The only thing is be prepared for ATS (don't worry about it now, but your instructors will explain it to you). If you're coming from Long Island, the crew office will know that, and sometimes help you out by giving you (7) line jobs. Learn to like the (7) and you will do OK. That said, there will still be times you have to go to the Bronx, but you can get just about anywhere in the A Div. in under an hour in a half once you get to an A Division location. B Division locations are much more spread out, and even B Division people have to go to the Bronx or upper Manhattan sometimes. Then, if you'd still like to go to the B, you can put in your request and do so when you are able to pick a job over there.

Thanks for the info. SubwayGuy. I got thrown into the A also with 923. But I here about that ATS that it's effed up. Automated train supervision? Right? Or the so an so in the office likes to yell, and blah blah blah! I guess it's like anywhere else. You got good, bad, and ugly.

Yo Mard!!!!! How did you make out today!?

Yesterday was a good day, met some union rep. The one that stuck out the most was Kevin Harrington. Vice President of RTO. Basically broke down what CAN get us fired. And to shake off any loose ends in your life that can get you caught up in some bull-ish!!! REALITY CHECK!!! Lol, off to school car today! Yes!!!!!

At school car in the gym!!

@brownhornet I gotta clear out some old demons from my past before I can proceed. Major setback. I'll keep y'all posted. Until then keep grinding!! And keep us informed on your progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well not to bust anybody's bubble but not getting what you want when you first start is the norm down here, School car is easy because you know ahead of time where you have to report, wait  until to you finish training and come out to the road and become extra extra and they have you going all over the place from day to day with different reporting times and also your tour of duty and days off are subject to change on a weekly basis.   Enjoy school car while you can  and  also get to know your classmates as they will be your support through out those early years believe me you will need all the support you can get.

Exactly we all went through it just another step!

Yesterday was a good day, met some union rep. The one that stuck out the most was Kevin Harrington. Vice President of RTO. Basically broke down what CAN get us fired. And to shake off any loose ends in your life that can get you caught up in some bull-ish!!! REALITY CHECK!!! Lol, off to school car today! Yes!!!!!

Needs of the service starts now.... Your needs don't matter anymore baby mama drama or whatever keep it away from the job! TA don't wanna hear jack...

Exactly we all went through it just another step!Yesterday was a good day, met some union rep. The one that stuck out the most was Kevin Harrington. Vice President of RTO. Basically broke down what CAN get us fired. And to shake off any loose ends in your life that can get you caught up in some bull-ish!!! REALITY CHECK!!! Lol, off to school car today! Yes!!!!!

Needs of the service starts now.... Your needs don't matter anymore baby mama drama or whatever keep it away from the job! TA don't wanna hear jack...

Yessir!!!

Care to elaborate on a couple of reasons that CAN get us fired?

So far first day of school car is cool so far, we have to meet in the gym for these first few days. We haven't received books and tools yet. We get those tomorrow. Too many unnecessary questions, but..... That's just my opinion! Anyway all together I'm loving it!!! Yo Mard!!! Hold your head

Yesterday was a good day, met some union rep. The one that stuck out the most was Kevin Harrington. Vice President of RTO. Basically broke down what CAN get us fired. And to shake off any loose ends in your life that can get you caught up in some bull-ish!!! REALITY CHECK!!! Lol, off to school car today! Yes!!!!! Care to elaborate on a couple of reasons that CAN get us fired?
Like (no domestic violence, DUI/DWI, can't get arrested for ANYTHING) while on probation!!! YOU WILL BE GONE!!!!!

First day in school car is done... They assigned us our classes. Thank God I'm in the class with some of the people I'm familiar with. Myself, depmaze, a couple of people I've met during medical/final process. And a few other people that I met on the forum. It makes the experience that much better. Being that we've already built a report. Today's instructors were TSS Gilkes, and TSS Abraham. Those dudes are cool, and funny as hell. Not a dull moment!!!

I'm trying to get busy tomorrow and finish up by Tuesday the latest. That way I could possibly sneak into that 5/19 class under the radar. Tomorrow is a big day for me. Making moves.

I'm trying to get busy tomorrow and finish up by Tuesday the latest. That way I could possibly sneak into that 5/19 class under the radar. Tomorrow is a big day for me. Making moves.

@Mard c'mon man!!!! Make it happen!!!!

That's the goal my brother BH! That's the plan. Good woman down at 180 is looking out for the kid and working with me to find a resolution. I just gotta do my part and keep my word. I'm definitely gonna do it.

That's the goal my brother BH! That's the plan. Good woman down at 180 is looking out for the kid and working with me to find a resolution. I just gotta do my part and keep my word. I'm definitely gonna do it.

@Mard I wanna here some good news my dude!!!

Make it happen!! I'm looking forward to seeing you there!