Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@brownhornet that's exciting bro!!! Seems like things are moving fast and going well so far. Congrats my bro!! 12 days and counting for me!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@3rd rail you do get boots as well. I don't know how soon but I know you get boots. Hats, gloves, jackets, coats, vests, caps and winter hats, pants, shirts long and short sleeve, sweater . Head to toe you're pretty much covered. You also have an option to buy additional clothing as you see fit. I believe you get clothing allowance every 2-3 years maybe someone with more knowledge on the topic can help us out with that one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@brownhornet that's exciting bro!!! Seems like things are moving fast and going well so far. Congrats my bro!! 12 days and counting for me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk@3rd rail you do get boots as well. I don't know how soon but I know you get boots. Hats, gloves, jackets, coats, vests, caps and winter hats, pants, shirts long and short sleeve, sweater . Head to toe you're pretty much covered. You also have an option to buy additional clothing as you see fit. I believe you get clothing allowance every 2-3 years maybe someone with more knowledge on the topic can help us out with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^what he said^^

@brownhornet that's exciting bro!!! Seems like things are moving fast and going well so far. Congrats my bro!! 12 days and counting for me!!!

I'm over here counting the days like an inmate waiting to get released! These last couple of weeks feel like forever...

Anyone get called in for D/T or final processing recently? What's the word? @brownhornet @depmaze @axelt etc... How's it going so far? @apoca1ypse 11 days and counting!!! Make sure you get a back pack. You're going to need it!

Anyone get called in for D/T or final processing recently? What's the word? @brownhornet @depmaze @axelt etc... How's it going so far? @apoca1ypse 11 days and counting!!! Make sure you get a back pack. You're going to need it!

@Mard everything is good my brother!!! @depmaze and myself are coming along. We were at Lavonia yard today. And yes... Get an extra large back pack. You WILL need it.

@Mard everything is good my brother!!! @depmaze and myself are coming along. We were at Lavonia yard today. And yes... Get an extra large back pack. You WILL need it.

Extra large? Like those survival bags large?

found my pay location at archer st/jamaica station. could not find the dispatchers office, asked a conductor on one train and an operator on another, they both gave me bullshit answers as not to be bothered. basically said go to the end but there's nothing there.

found my pay location at archer st/jamaica station. could not find the dispatchers office, asked a conductor on one train and an operator on another, they both gave me bullshit answers as not to be bothered. basically said go to the end but there's nothing there.

It's at the the crew reporting location. It's a beige door with a big sticker that says DOS/RTO but it's spelled out.

It's at the the crew reporting location. It's a beige door with a big sticker that says DOS/RTO but it's spelled out.

which platform is that? the e or the j, i was on the e, walking back and forth like an assclown, the only doors there were past the platform and locked

which platform is that? the e or the j, i was on the e, walking back and forth like an assclown, the only doors there were past the platform and locked

The dispatchers office for both lines are at the South end of the platforms. Two different levels . Hard to miss those big windows... Oh with people sitting around...

Don't know where you was sounds like you was wandering around on the mezzanine level.

Edited by RTOMan

@mtahopefullmatt based on your list # if they keep hiring the way they have been lately then you're probably looking at January 2015. Now don't take my word as gold because I really don't know the answer to that but if everything continues as is then my math tells me January or possibly December. I did the math for myself and I thought I would be called around august/sept for the drug test. I ended up getting called down for D/T on 2/10. So you never know. List expires 2016. And the last eligible certified list #'s are late into the 4500's. It's definitely a good sign for you. Remember a lot of eligible people decline the job or start it and don't like the job and leave. You got medical holds and all kinds of other things that could factor in and get you called sooner than you think. I got called about 6 months ahead of my "imaginary" schedule that I thought of based on the forums and movement of the list#'s. The waiting is the most difficult part of the process. Keep yourself busy and healthy. And make sure your paperwork is order now. Don't wait til the last minute to clear up any issues you may have. Get a physical now. Check for any possible setbacks now. It will make for smooth processing once your name gets called. Stay positive and keep your ears and eyes open to any new developments.