Nassau Inter County Express (Nice) Discussion

Amtrak7

Pretty cool.

The MTA is scheduled to raise the fare next Jan I believe, to $2.50. It would be interesting if Violia/Nassau could keep the fare at $2.25 a while longer, if just to get the riding public to be like "oh wow this was a good idea". Those connecting to NYCT Bus or Subway would have to pay a step up charge.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh no, what happened?

I think a car rear ended it,, part of bumper plus that vent on the side near the back tire was torn off. I saw the bus at Freeport LIRR. I assume waiting for a tow.

At least half a dozen breakdowns today as well. Also, only 1 tow truck available with broken hook-ups, no speedy dry for oil leakage,throwdown mats,etc. Lots of parts & equipment taken back by MTA also. Things don't look so NICE.

At least half a dozen breakdowns today as well. Also, only 1 tow truck available with broken hook-ups, no speedy dry for oil leakage,throwdown mats,etc. Lots of parts & equipment taken back by MTA also. Things don't look so NICE.

1 tow truck, but I always see many service trucks around Nassau. Do those do any good?

• 3 weeks later...
LOL i've been waiting too.

I wonder what it will look like.

Today on the N4 I heard "The next major stop is Rockaway Ave, Transfer N2, N3"

I see quite a few announcements have to be changed /modified. It seems like it would be easy to modify that one, they just have to cut the N3 out of the audio file and the display.

I wonder what will look like.

Today on the N4 I heard "The next major stop is Rockaway Ave, Transfer N2, N3"

I see quite a few announcements have to be changed /modified. It seems like it would be easy to modify that one, they just have to cut the N3 out of the audio file and the display.

N79 doesn't have any announcements about the n94. My dad was a regular n4 rider from late 80's to mid 90's WHEN LIB WAS GOOD. Was the n4 that you were on so old it had a roll sign LOL.

hi

i am trying to get a full set of timetables and a system map.

i spoke to nice----numerous depts and personnel.

they keep insisting there are n o printed materials available..

the problem is ,,i live in westchester county.....

-----------------------can anyone assist me with this

???????

thank you

steve

fdny:)

Saw 1664 @ Zerega yesterday on the lift with all the rear compartment panels open. Don't know what's happening to it, but I'm sure the MTA is tripple charging them for it...:-)

It's still alive.lol:cool:

1664 was in an accident last year that involved a school bus,

the front /side of the bus suffered damage including the front sign.

• 3 weeks later...

Bus Bunching at 11pm?

Tonight I got out of the subway at 179th street at 10:20pm expecting the 10:30pm N6 to come, around 10:45pm 2 Jamaica bound N6's pass by . So you know you have to wait for them to go to the terminal first. So the wait for them to come back was an additional 10 mins. SMH.

Sidebar: They meed to repave Hillside Ave.

Bus Bunching at 11pm?

Tonight I got out of the subway at 179th street at 10:20pm expecting the 10:30pm N6 to come, around 10:45pm 2 Jamaica bound N6's pass by . So you know you have to wait for them to go to the terminal first. So the wait for them to come back was an additional 10 mins. SMH.

Sidebar: They meed to repave Hillside Ave.

Yeah, at that time of the night, they should've just told the passengers from one of the buses to go to the other bus, and then the empty bus can pick up the people from 179th Street. The people west of 179th Street still have to deal with a missing bus, but at least the people east of 179th Street don't have to.

Monday I had a weird issue with my transfer. I got on the N16 and asked the B/O for a transfer. After getting off at Hempstead an N31 showed up and for some reason the sign kept flashing SUBWAY SHUTTLE. I asked for another transfer from that bus and then when I got on the N25 in Lynbrook, the farebox read "WRONG BUS" or something like that and the bus operator asked where I was going. He eventually realized what was going on and accepted the transfer...

I refilled it Monday and when I got on the 25, it took another $2.25 off. Are they getting rid of that two-legged transfer? That's how I've been getting home since November '09...

Yeah, at that time of the night, they should've just told the passengers from one of the buses to go to the other bus, and then the empty bus can pick up the people from 179th Street. The people west of 179th Street still have to deal with a missing bus, but at least the people east of 179th Street don't have to.

Most people get off at 169th street though.

Monday I had a weird issue with my transfer. I got on the N16 and asked the B/O for a transfer. After getting off at Hempstead an N31 showed up and for some reason the sign kept flashing SUBWAY SHUTTLE. I asked for another transfer from that bus and then when I got on the N25 in Lynbrook, the farebox read "WRONG BUS" or something like that and the bus operator asked where I was going. He eventually realized what was going on and accepted the transfer...

I refilled it Monday and when I got on the 25, it took another $2.25 off. Are they getting rid of that two-legged transfer? That's how I've been getting home since November '09...

Interesting, could it be because the N25 is in the opposite direction of the N31 you were traveling on? The first time was probably because the metrocard machine is tied into the bus indicator so it knows which bus you're riding on. the "SUBWAY SHUTTLE" probably threw it off.

Archived