Nassau Inter County Express (Nice) Discussion

Amtrak7

After I saw that part about the rags & brushes & rollers, I didn't take that post/report seriously....

You don't paint vehicles like you would somethin inside a house....

Illegal aliens that will be reported to ICE if they don't perform the job well?

Which is asinine because hiring illegals in the first place would get them in trouble !

How you goin buy a nickel bag off someone, then go try and sue on some "he sold me some bad weed" BS...

Talk about unclean hands....

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1816 is repainted!!!!

After the Jet debacle today, to keep me from throwing the TV out the window, I decided to take a ride to see what I can see.

I drove around the Nassau Coliseum at about 4:20 PM saw no buses at all.

Drove to the Mitchell Field depot. On the Quentin Roosevelt side I saw about 30 buses. 1816 is repainted, looks nice, all other buses were not done. Turned left onto Commercial Ave, there were about 20 buses on the apron, not one repainted. Turned left onto Oak Street the garage door was open I could see about 8 Orion 5`s none repainted and about 10 buses outside none repainted. All the buses I saw had the orange "NICE" sign above the front door but also noticed #1738 with blue colored "NICE" insignia under the drivers window.

Drove to the Rosa Parks Transit Center, saw 4 buses, none repainted.

Took a shot and drove to the Rockville Centre Depot, surprised to see it open. Saw about 10 buses outside and 4 inside none repainted.

In between saw 6 buses in service, none repainted.

Joe

I can definitely affirm that most of that is NOT true! Nobody uses rollers to paint a damn bus.

Numbering from 50,001 up? Possible, but it makes absolutely no sense.

Get real!

Dont you usually use a spray gun to repaint a bus? Its a vehicle not a house a roller sounds so unrealistic though.

Does anyone know when and where they repainted 1816? Was it painted at Mitchell Field or brought somewhere? Was it painted today (early morning) or did Veolia make arrangements with the (MTA) to have the bus painted earlier?

Is the process underway or did they just want to have a bus ready for the news?

I can definitely affirm that most of that is NOT true! Nobody uses rollers to paint a damn bus.

Numbering from 50,001 up? Possible, but it makes absolutely no sense.

Get real!

The entire thing doesn't make sense, One of the largest operators in the world is going to take the risk of hiring illegal aliens and allow them to mess around with millions of dollars worth of equipment.

Sadly people buy it, so instead of doing a Simpson "Doh" you might as well have some fun with them as well.

I wouldn't trust a painter to drive a 20 ton bus around, let alone risk driving it to the point on the Meadowbrook where they can actually fit under bridges (a good three to four miles away from that portion of Nassau County). Where would these operators come from? They've never been trained on these things.

I'll do a dry run in a week or two and see what happens. It don't look too nice.

So, I have a couple of questions.

1) Do they let people exit through the back door at the Hempstead Bus Terminal now? Or do they still make everyone slowly file out of the front door so they can miss their bus connections?

2) Do the buses after 10pm still pick up "in front" of the 179th street station? (Where all buses stop, by the taxi stand)

Archived