Nova Artics coming to Stengel

Stengel Depot

The Q12 Is Crush Loaded most of the time, I see it all the time when i go to flushing, if anything they need to have arctics in Queens Village depot, during the rush hours you see a line of people that ends around the corner at both 179th st and 169th st, and thats for the Q36 and the Q43, the Q1 is a big help, but the Q12 DOES get a lot of people, during the midday its not packed but when rush hour comes Flushing is a hellhole

I would have to agree with that. I noticed that the other day when I was in Flushing, and I think artics on that line would easily be justified.

I say this from LIVING out here and seeing the the first stop of the Q12 with stupidly long lines that buses are packed from the get-go going out, and people at subsequent stops can't even get on.

Morning rush, I'm sure some people get pretty agitated seeing a crowded bus come off Northern onto Sanford and they stay waiting for a bus that isn't packed to high hell... Been there one too many times...

the rumor mill is really at work now!! i was told that the order of atrics was bumped up from 60 to 80.but probably wont get any till the summer pick.thats because they can only get 3 of them in the shop at any 1 time.so there plan is to put up a huge tent over by the end of the bo line by the 7 train maint building for the mechanics to work on. they also are going to be putting in a new fuel station for them.was told that with artics on the 44 we can expect to have 30 runs eliminated from the 44.so my question to that was what r we gonna do with all the rookies we been gettin the last few months.was told they might be bringing the q27 back to its home in flushing!! hope that comes true miss that route. was also told that they will be testing the artic on the q15 line.they had the artic at the depot again this past friday along with a parade of bosses from all over.they hit the wall in the shop twice.lol oooops. send them down for a code!!;)

I would have to agree with that. I noticed that the other day when I was in Flushing, and I think artics on that line would easily be justified.

Before I got this job, I worked in Bayside and i took the Q12 every day. that bus does gets packed enough to justify using artics on it. But if you ride that bus from beginning to end (which I have done a couple times) you'll see that there are a lot of turns and narrow streets on that route that would make operating that bus kinda tricky. Especially going the short distence between main street and Northern boulevard.

Before I got this job, I worked in Bayside and i took the Q12 every day. that bus does gets packed enough to justify using artics on it. But if you ride that bus from beginning to end (which I have done a couple times) you'll see that there are a lot of turns and narrow streets on that route that would make operating that bus kinda tricky. Especially going the short distence between main street and Northern boulevard.

The layover spot would be the tricky thing...

If Stengel does in fact get a piece of the LFSA pie (not saying they aren't, anything can happen in (MTA) land), who is getting bumped off the list since the order is damn near assigned already to where they gotta go?

The order is not set past gunhill. Up to gunhill only accounts for 218 buses. The remaining 90 buses is up for grabs...

I thought Flatbush, 100 St/Tuskegee (whatever), and 126 St was supposed to finish off the order?

Right now quill is getting their buses. FB is next followed by 100st, 126 st, than GH. Like I said before, GH is suppose to get the 218th bus. After that, CS and possibly castleton might get pieces of the remaining 90.

Right now quill is getting their buses. FB is next followed by 100st, 126 st, than GH. Like I said before, GH is suppose to get the 218th bus. After that, CS and possibly castleton might get pieces of the remaining 90.

I thought 100th Street is next than Flatbush..

(According to the MTA bus order roster) unless there has been a change.

5852-5894: Tuskegee Airmen/100th St. Depot (43)

5895-5942: Flatbush (48)

Artics in Brooklyn within a couple of months?

If it all goes to plan. Quill's order is up to around 5825 or so, that's 11 of 37 buses in. Judging by the Bronx order, that should take about a month to finish. Then 100th will be getting 43 buses, which should take at least two months I'd imagine. However, it's Flatbush after that, with a week or so for training and service just after.

If it all goes to plan. Quill's order is up to around 5825 or so, that's 11 of 37 buses in. Judging by the Bronx order, that should take about a month to finish. Then 100th will be getting 43 buses, which should take at least two months I'd imagine. However, it's Flatbush after that, with a week or so for training and service just after.

That going to be intresting to see artics on routes such as the (B44) (B41) and (B49). A sight for me as a Brooklyn native is seeing those new babys lol trying to go uphill such as NY Avenue for Northbound (B44)and Utica for the (B46) in Crown Heights between Empire and Eastern Pwy. B)

That going to be intresting to see artics on routes such as the (B44) (B41) and (B49). A sight for me as a Brooklyn native is seeing those new babys lol trying to go uphill such as NY Avenue for Northbound (B44)and Utica for the (B46) in Crown Heights between Empire and Eastern Pwy. B)

For now, from what I understand, they'll be for B44SBS, but on the weekends when less SBS runs are needed, I can imagine a few of those artics making their way to the other Flatbush lines, but on the weekends only though...

For now, from what I understand, they'll be for B44SBS, but on the weekends when less SBS runs are needed, I can imagine a few of those artics making their way to the other Flatbush lines, but on the weekends only though...

No sir. If a bus is wrapped in SBS livery, it is not used on any thing other than SBS routes and subway shuttle service.

No sir. If a bus is wrapped in SBS livery, it is not used on any thing other than SBS routes and subway shuttle service.

When I was an operator at 126st Depot in the early summer, I saw SBS wrapped LFSA's in service on the M35 a couple of times. I believe they didnt have enough artics and didnt want to use the SBS wrapped buses on the M15 local because it would confuse people.

When I was an operator at 126st Depot in the early summer, I saw SBS wrapped LFSA's in service on the M35 a couple of times. I believe they didnt have enough artics and didnt want to use the SBS wrapped buses on the M15 local because it would confuse people.

Well, that's an emergency situation. And for almost all of last year, we were short a couple buses. But that calls attention to another point, the whole SBS wrap is a stupid idea. Because they don't won't to use SBS buses on other routes there are always more than a couple SBS buses sitting around when they are in need of a local bus. If you look at our "Bronx" lot at noon there are always 9 or 10 buses that are extra, yet they were always complaining about being short of buses. Even though it doesn't happen anymore since we got those buses from KB and WF, its still a waist of money. Each bus cost about $3500 to wrap. And those boxes of individual sheets they use to patch panels after accidents cost about $500 each. They would have saved a ton of money by just pushing the flashing blue lights as being an SBS bus, and sticking with a cardboard sbs sign like how the limited sign is...

Well, that's an emergency situation. And for almost all of last year, we were short a couple buses. But that calls attention to another point, the whole SBS wrap is a stupid idea. Because they don't won't to use SBS buses on other routes there are always more than a couple SBS buses sitting around when they are in need of a local bus. If you look at our "Bronx" lot at noon there are always 9 or 10 buses that are extra, yet they were always complaining about being short of buses. Even though it doesn't happen anymore since we got those buses from KB and WF, its still a waist of money. Each bus cost about $3500 to wrap. And those boxes of individual sheets they use to patch panels after accidents cost about $500 each. They would have saved a ton of money by just pushing the flashing blue lights as being an SBS bus, and sticking with a cardboard sbs sign like how the limited sign is...

I remember driving non wrapped LFSA's on the M15 local and people would get on thinking it was the SBS. They just assumed that all LFSA's were SBS buses and ignored the fact that there were no flashing blue lights or special wrap. So I guess it really is a waste of money

I've definitely seen that, not only does that give you confusion but also farebeating if people just hop on the back. As Blitz said, SBS should just be the flashing blue lights (easy to see) and a sign in the windshield. The full wrap is overkill, and you lose the ad revenue on top of the thousands spent.

I've definitely seen that, not only does that give you confusion but also farebeating if people just hop on the back. As Blitz said, SBS should just be the flashing blue lights (easy to see) and a sign in the windshield. The full wrap is overkill, and you lose the ad revenue on top of the thousands spent.

like that means anything to the MTA...when the LFSAs first came to 126 (1239 being the biggest example), they stuck ads on them, then wrapped them in the SBS uniform, then put ads right on to of the wraps

Archived