NICE Planned Service/Schedule Changes

tvega961

@Brett: And they didn't but the do listen. What's your point? Be glad that they listen to demand! I'd die for having those kind of meetings or even public transportation companies that listen to what the people want over here.

Edited by Vistausss

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how they "added" additional service to the n6 but reduced evening service from Jamaica to 15 min headways after 19:30 and 20 min headways after 21:00, can we say sardine can?

The n6 Limited connected to all intersecting routes, NICE was trying to lure more choice riders by having a faster service at the expense of existing riders.

Big mistake...I just dont get why NICE reduces service on busy lines like that. It certainly doesn't help luring new riders or keeping existing ones. I know they have a limited budget, but the n6 should not be messed with, period. I'm guessing they made it 20 min headways to pay for the n6x going to NCC.

Meanwhile the most unproductive routes on the system in southeast Nassau have had none of their service reduced. Its the one thing that still urks me.  :rolleyes:

@Brett: And they didn't but the do listen. What's your point? Be glad that they listen to demand! I'd die for having those kind of meetings or even public transportation companies that listen to what the people want over here.

Thats what I like about NICE, they do listen, and respond to feedback, unlike the (MTA) which never responds, or sends a form letter 3 months after your suggestion/complaint.

CENTRAL AVENUE STOP ADDED TO THE n4X!

Due to popular request, the n4xpress will now make east and westbound stops on Central Avenue in Valley Stream. This will make connecting to the n2/8 even easier.

Since when does the N4 connect with the N2 & N8 at Central Ave?

@Joel: I'm surprised on the fact they started to complain afterwards while NICE clearly asked before the new schedule for input on the n4x. If n4 riders wanted Central Ave so badly, they could've told NICE at that meeting. They aren't organizing a meeting to ask for input on a new route for nothing, you know.

People complained about the N6L to N6x plan at the meetings, they did it anyway, local buses were SLAMMED and expresses were empty.

Because if they REALLY listened, then that stop as well as many other major stops would have been a part of the n4 Express or the n6 Express from the start.

Right

I also spoke at last TAC meeting and told them lots of passengers want n4x to Central Av stop because it's major transfer point to/from n1 bus.

They should have known that already though.I thought they studied ridership and patterns before implementing changes?

They'd better listen, each drop in ridership lowers their profits.

People complained about the N6L to N6x plan at the meetings, they did it anyway, local buses were SLAMMED and expresses were empty.

Right

They should have known that already though.I thought they studied ridership and patterns before implementing changes?

They'd better listen, each drop in ridership lowers their profits.

You got that right! 

SERVICE ALERT: N6X STOP MOVE AT HOFSTRA!

Please note, that as of today, we have moved the n6X stop located at California Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike to Oak Street, across from the Netherlands dorms. This new routing will help facilitate faster travel times in and out of NCC.

I must say, they're very dynamic.

SERVICE ALERT: N6X STOP MOVE AT HOFSTRA!

Please note, that as of today, we have moved the n6X stop located at California Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike to Oak Street, across from the Netherlands dorms. This new routing will help facilitate faster travel times in and out of NCC.

Got to say they fixed that fast. Much better routing this way!

• 2 months later...

Other than minor time & layover adjustments-here are some of the changes:

N15: Sun. service returns to 20 min. off-peak headway & weekday midday.

N6: Most weekday trip times revamped esp. N6X.

N19: Later r/t added Sun. for store closing time.

N20: Extensive running time & recovery adjustments weekday & Sat.

N22: Weekday rush hour service rebuilt & N22L eliminated.

N23: Trips revamped all day & later rush hour trip from Mineola.

N27: Added later rush hour trip from Hemp. & Sat. & Sun. service extended back to Roos. Field.

N43: Established 20 min. n/b headways in AM.

N79: Buses will enter Walt Whitman Mall from Rt. 110.

The N22L made no sense since it bypassed the busiest stop on its route (Roosevelt Field); it's like asking an express train to skip Times Square.  I would hope they instead add additional limited stop N22 buses between Jamaica and Hicksville (both rush-hours and mid-days) that stop only at major intersections.  The nearby N24 could continue to make all additional local stops.

Where do you see the new schedules posted?  I cannot find them on the web site.

The N22L made no sense since it bypassed the busiest stop on its route (Roosevelt Field); it's like asking an express train to skip Times Square.  I would hope they instead add additional limited stop N22 buses between Jamaica and Hicksville (both rush-hours and mid-days) that stop only at major intersections.  The nearby N24 could continue to make all additional local stops.

??? Huh you mean N22x?

Other than minor time & layover adjustments-here are some of the changes:

N15: Sun. service returns to 20 min. off-peak headway & weekday midday. (From 30 min)

N6: Most weekday trip times revamped esp. N6X. (what does that mean?)

N19: Later r/t added Sun. for store closing time. 

N20: Extensive running time & recovery adjustments weekday & Sat.

N22: Weekday rush hour service rebuilt & N22L eliminated. (Rebuilt, bi-directional express?)

N23: Trips revamped all day & later rush hour trip from Mineola. (revamped?)

N27: Added later rush hour trip from Hemp. & Sat. & Sun. service extended back to Roos. Field. (no more N23 merge?)

N43: Established 20 min. n/b headways in AM. (does the N43 get that crowded in the morning?)

N79: Buses will enter Walt Whitman Mall from Rt. 110.

Comments questions in orange.

The "nearby" N24?