Forum back Online

mark1447

Glad it came back on. When it went down a lot of people around the world in plenty of forum communities were talking about it. Seems like our forums have a good reputation. It might be the reason why we were one of the forums targeted. Skyscraperpage was also targeted and had a partial shut down. You might want to check your computers too. Whatever hackers they were they infected my computer with spyware, and I had to remove them.

Is a MOD different from a mod (modification)? Bit of a stupid question, i know.

Yes MOD = Modification.

Its just an addon to forum, blog or any website. It enhances the look and/or how the website works.

(Example, Chat Box, Homepage, Forum Gallery, Spam control, Skin, etc..) Example of phpbbs MODs:

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/modifications-1/?sid=a855e54643fe87e9a2311afdcf801701

Don't be confused by Moderators.

They're hitting all vBulletin websites. All the ones they can find with the same vulnerability.

I wouldn't even bother.

We don't need to get into this right now. :cool:

This is the perfect time to mention this...

After being denied by a community software developer because we weren't big enough (this forum) for their software I've decided to go with my second option which is

whats_next.jpg

We'll try out their chat module and if you guys like I'll order 25-50 user license. If not I'll see if there's a chat hack I can use so that I can get hacked again like now. :confused:

To be honest with you guys I'm more embarrassed to be denied the use of software because this website isn't big enough than this whole hacking shit. If anything this community is itself a victim of corporate greed. :mad:

Good to see the forum back up after the hack.

Those hackers got nothing better to do, smh!

All I can suggest is for everyone to change your email / password, just in case!

I already change my GMAIL and NYCTF forum passwords.

I wish I could change password on facebook.

I already change my GMAIL and NYCTF forum passwords.

I wish I could change password on facebook.

If you want to change your FB PW , head to Account settings > Password (EDIT). Hit it and follow instructions.

If you want to change your FB PW , head to Account settings > Password (EDIT). Hit it and follow instructions.

This is why ppl should put less contact info for when this happens. Who thinks this is going to happen tomorrow again? One thing I sugguest is to not use a computer to go on to this website from 12-7 PM everyday. I think that if you dont have other internet other than the computer, don't use your computer to go on during the time period. A mobile device is much safer during the time period IMO.

I like this video.

Umm... Zynga Security video?

What is it about. Sometimes I don't press the link because I'm afraid it leads to an awkward website.

Its safe. Youtu.be is Youtubes short URL for those sharing links.

One question: If I wanted to change the password for my NYCTF account, how would I do so?

Also, if I wanted to change the email address linked to my NYCTF account, how would I do that?

In the "Sticky" section, it mentions that your account will be suspended for a few hours until you click on a confirmation that you switched the account (if I understand correctly), but how can you change the email in the first place? :confused:

Clear your browser caches and make sure that you are viewing the forums with the default ugly style. I'm trying to find the right balance so I don't have to shut the forum off while I plan the move.

Harry, it's beautiful. But it is really bright.

Archived