Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People gave up on the bus and non duplicate routes go from nowhere to nowhere so all that is left is empty. weak span for linking to LIRR ain't helping. They let reliability on popular routes go down to keep around buses like the N80,51 & 46 it turned off many people. N55/54 got shreaded to weak service to prop up lines people do not even use N49 is a prime example of what you just don't do.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

Do the new announcements announce transfers?

No, they're exactly like the Clever Devices announcements in the 3Gs.  They even have that "Bus Turning/Autobús Girando" and route announcements...

And what happened to NG #1732?  I remember when NICE started wrapping the buses, the (MTA) stripe was still clearly visible.  I never heard anything from the news about it... but here's what I've been able to find.

303 (Would have been 1540 or 41) - accident in 2007 in Glen Cove (Pinepower provided a Newsday source on Bustalk)

1645 - fire

1686 - fire

1732 - ?

1756 - involved in fatal accident in Hempstead

1804 - major accident (t-boned by drunk idiot) in Uniondale

1867 - crashed into Papa John's in Queens

Edited by Joel Up Front

No, they're exactly like the Clever Devices announcements in the 3Gs.  They even have that "Bus Turning/Autobús Girando" and route announcements...

And what happened to NG #1732?  I remember when NICE started wrapping the buses, the (MTA) stripe was still clearly visible.  I never heard anything from the news about it... but here's what I've been able to find.

303 (Would have been 1540 or 41) - accident in 2007 in Glen Cove (Pinepower provided a Newsday source on Bustalk)

1645 - fire

1686 - fire

1732 - ?

1756 - involved in fatal accident in Hempstead

1804 - major accident (t-boned by drunk idiot) in Uniondale

1867 - crashed into Papa John's in Queens

#1602 Had also caught fire. #1732 I've been told had gotten into an accident.

It doesn't seem like plenty to me...

Someone posted on Buschat that NICE bus may get an unknown number of 2002 Foothill Tranist Orion V CNGs. I guess these are going to replace the rest of the 2000 Orion V CNGs. I thought they were going to get some ex-NYCT 2003 Orion VII OG CNGs since these are up for replacement.

Someone posted on Buschat that NICE bus may get an unknown number of 2002 Foothill Tranist Orion V CNGs. I guess these are going to replace the rest of the 2000 Orion V CNGs. I thought they were going to get some ex-NYCT 2003 Orion VII OG CNGs since these are up for replacement.

You mean to tell me NICE may get buses from California? I highly doubt the (MTA) would give NICE their buses

And how reliable of a source is buschat?

He supposedly said that his source is from southern California and handles transit systems in LA. If this is true, then it's very stupid on NICE's behalf.

Does anyone know who NICE picked to build the new buses to replace the 2002 Orion V CNGs ? 

They don't have any 2002 Orion V CNGs (yet), only 2000 and 2004, and that's what the rest of us are waiting for as well. 

Does anyone know who NICE picked to build the new buses to replace the 2002 Orion V CNGs ? 

Maybe ENY can shed some light on this mystery....? 

I have been taking n22/24 or n20/21 to n23 lately to use internet at Port Washington Library as part of my library investigation and printing there is cheap at 5 cent since I bought Pt. Washington Library Guest Card that good for computer, printing and copy and right now, I'm making list of all public libraries in NYC Region.

I am planning to make NICE Bus Guidebook to all libraries access by NICE Bus, well as fire stations, police stations, supermarket, fast foods locations, including Vegan places. This will not include you-know-what.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Really nice is gonna buy 12 year old buses I am not getting fooled into that like the person above me is obsessed with.It clearly says in the page that nice is getting 43 or 40 heavy duty buses maybe they don't want announce who the bid was.

It was reported on Subchat www.subchat.com › BusChat

•