Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why don't NICE have more models aside from the Orion CNG and Orion 7 Next Generation?

1) Costs too much

2) Orions have been on the Island for almost 25 years and they do the job fine

Well a nice bus driver a female got beat up at Htc N40.And the same bus hours later on the N40 got shot up.Not so nice is it.

This Island is circling the drain.

You ain't seen nothin yet. Wait til Obama lets the alien invasion happen.

dude it has already happened. It is the point of no return already just look at Suffolk county Nassau is next. And PS NYC ain't helping it is stealing away LI's productive class in breakneck pace Brooklyn already smells of LI booze not a good sign apparently people want to be around transit (cheap & frequent & direct) something LI Ain't got. Edited by qjtransitmaster

Nassau is freezing the NICE Bus cash and NICE Bus app fare at $2.50 for 2015 as well as Intra-County route MetroCard fare freeze at $2.50.
From Ed Mangano's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/edwardmangano

I wonder how they are going to hold Metrocard Intra-County fare.

Edited by Mtatransit

Nassau is freezing the NICE Bus cash and NICE Bus app fare at $2.50 for 2015 as well as Intra-County route MetroCard fare freeze at $2.50.
From Ed Mangano's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/edwardmangano

I wonder how they are going to hold Metrocard Intra-County fare.

I wonder how they're going to do that as well. It may just be slick wording. It'll be 2.50 but transferring to the subway the MTA will add their extra piece.

It's a sad attempt at trying to preserve ridership.

They have to improve customer service for that.

it will backfire due to poor service but luckily I have yet to have a bad time with NICE.

Poor service is what has led me to reduced usage of NICE. Before I'd take the bus to the subway the majority of the time, now I just default to the Car and drive to a subway station. The choice riders are definitely choosing not to use NICE.

Hound said it before - captive ridership!   Who else would willingly waste their time on these buses if they have the resources to drive?

106/107 was a mess.  Someone in a BMW crashed (couldn't see what he hit but the front 1/3rd of the car was smashed up good) right above the LIE and NCPD was forcing EVERYONE going north onto the LIE service road.  People who were stuck kept trying to make u-turns over whatever they could and it held everyone going the other wa y up.  It stretched all the way back to Hicksville LIRR.  Then on the way home, an Odyssey lost control and swerved into another car... the accident looked worse but the drivers seemed to be okay.

3G 1860 has the Clever Devices mounted on the touch screen next to the driver.  It looked cool.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Hound said it before - captive ridership!   Who else would willingly waste their time on these buses if they have the resources to drive?

106/107 was a mess.  Someone in a BMW crashed (couldn't see what he hit but the front 1/3rd of the car was smashed up good) right above the LIE and NCPD was forcing EVERYONE going north onto the LIE service road.  People who were stuck kept trying to make u-turns over whatever they could and it held everyone going the other wa y up.  It stretched all the way back to Hicksville LIRR.  Then on the way home, an Odyssey lost control and swerved into another car... the accident looked worse but the drivers seemed to be okay.

3G 1860 has the Clever Devices mounted on the touch screen next to the driver.  It looked cool.

Speaking of LIE, little off-topic, on also today's Newsday, there was man walking on LIE hit by truck.

I was at Bellmore Arby's b/c I was early for LIBRU, so I took  n41 to Babylon Train to Bellmore.

Reason I went to Bellmore was because I had Arby's coupons from Queens Courier newspaper because Broadway or Sunrise Mall Arby's don't accept newspaper coupon. I only stay for 30 minutes because I had to catch 16:35 n45 Bellmore which came five minutes early.

I was at Bellmore Arby's b/c I was early for LIBRU, so I took n41 to Babylon Train to Bellmore.

Reason I went to Bellmore was because I had Arby's coupons from Queens Courier newspaper because Broadway or Sunrise Mall Arby's don't accept newspaper coupon. I only stay for 30 minutes because I had to catch 16:35 n45 Bellmore which came five minutes early.

Great story who cares. Libru is spam along with long beach streets.Libru are Losers.Tell Anita that she's a idiot yugioh.

Great story who cares. Libru is spam along with long beach streets.Libru are Losers.Tell Anita that she's a idiot yugioh.

I was telling to PinePower why I was there. That's why I quickly ate, took one of sandwitch to go after using restroom and ran like Forest Gump to catch n45 bus to Roosevelt Field. I know he wasn't happy to see LIBRU member that's why.

Before that, I went to Port Washington Public Library via n24, n23 bus because it was nice library and it cost only 5 cent to print and I got Port Washington Public Library's guest card pass for computers, printing and copy.

Back to NICE Bus,

Male bus driver who do 6:30pm n21 Flushing, 7:53 n21 Glen Cove, 9:40 n21 Roslyn-Flushing, 11:05 n20 Roslyn, bus driver calls me, "Governor" because I'm making all passengers happy, announcing about NICE Bus issue and upcoming MTA Fare Hike.

He's planning to get me NICE Bus hat for me.

Edited by FamousNYLover