Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

It's obvious you know what I do...  But you know nothing about delivering buses or operating transit bus so you have no idea what I do or did before this.  But you want to talk about how delivering buses is nothing like be a B/O, no it's it not but again you have no idea what what you are talking about but want to give me shit about it.

You, and a lot of people have no idea what i have to deal with with on a daily basis.

LMAO the person with NO CDL,bus driving training, or experience wants to tell me I don't know what its like to be a transit bus operator because I deliver buses.  HAHAHAHA!  Are you for real!?!  The same person who said what they would've done in the situation as a B/O?  What a joke!

This discussion is going nowhere.

Enjoy your afternoon, dude.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How feasible would the N50 to Hicksville and a transfer to the N87 to JB be for you?

:mellow: maybe... 

Much easier would just have the n45 extended to Newbridge Pool. That'd be great.

A) n51 -> n19 -> n88 is $10.00 round trip (NICE went to $2.50, right?)

This would be $4.50 round trip paying cash, since NICE gives 2 free transfers (within 2 hours).

I've overheard some passengers complaining that since the fare hike, one can't get the 2 free transfers by MetroCard anymore. Any confirmations of that?

This would be $4.50 round trip paying cash, since NICE gives 2 free transfers (within 2 hours).

I've overheard some passengers complaining that since the fare hike, one can't get the 2 free transfers by MetroCard anymore. Any confirmations of that?

So NICE fare is $2.25 still, ok. And the 3 transfers within NICE is confirmed, yes?

Another transfer quirk: Today I took the N22 to the N23, then the LIRR to Flushing for the (7). Entering the subway was approximately 2:10 after I boarded the N22, and it gave me a free transfer for some reason. I know of the 2:18, but I thought the 2 transfers were only permitted when all legs were NICE?

Another transfer quirk: Today I took the N22 to the N23, then the LIRR to Flushing for the (7). Entering the subway was approximately 2:10 after I boarded the N22, and it gave me a free transfer for some reason. I know of the 2:18, but I thought the 2 transfers were only permitted when all legs were NICE?

You can still have an MTA leg if you started on NICE. Vice versa that doesnt happen.

Took the N22L for the first time. Bus 1650; 17:20dp 165 St

Departed 169 St about 10min late, arrived Hicksville 15min late.

SRO leaving 169th, we had to flag the last intending passenger in NYC, dropped to a seated load by Marcus Ave, around 3/4 of a seated load at Willis Ave, 1/2 by Post Av.

With maybe 1 or 2 exceptions, there were on/offs at EVERY STOP from the city line to Willis Ave.

Still some confused passengers, despite the LTD existing for more than 18 months now.

The n22L bypass routing is FAST!!! If it wasn't for making every stop I wouldn't think we'd be more than 5min late.

Yeah, I like the n22 Limited. That and the n22x are doing well. You should take the n6x next.

While on the bus, I saw a whole ton of inbound (reverse peak) buses. Some observations:

-The N22 combined headway is awful tight! The buses were coming in droves, each with anywhere from 1/2 of a seated load to 5-6 standees. Not much of a difference between x, L, A, and regular. Seemed like more NICE buses than NYCT buses heading west @ 170 St at 5:30.

-N1 reverse peak runs empty.

-N6x loads varied from a few people to a standee or two. N6 locals were usually full.

Edited by Amtrak7

Yeah I am sorry about that everybody I promise to post only things on the forums that relate to about nice bus lirr Suffolk county transit or any regional transit in the tri state area.

That's not really the problem. The problem is that you were insulting a member (or at the very least making a terrible joke) and then even quoting yourself on it. And *that's* what you shouldn't do. RESPECT thy fellow forum members.