Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The n27 doesn't go to Hicksville.

Then NICE reported it wrong. Ah well, in the rush of reporting all of this I can't blame 'em.

Anyway:

#NICEALERT We are running LOCAL SERVICE ONLY on the n4, n6 and n22. No n4x, n6x and n22x. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Vistausss

Then NICE reported it wrong. Ah well, in the rush of reporting all of this I can't blame 'em.

Anyway:

#NICEALERT We are running LOCAL SERVICE ONLY on the n4, n6 and n22. No n4x, n6x and n22x. Thanks for your patience.

Even if they are in a rush how did they get the map of NYC subway wrong from NICEs facebook yesterday  https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/1545191_701474959884209_160370366_n.jpg yesterday

Edited by Mtatransit

Anyway:

Even if they are in a rush how did they get the map of NYC subway wrong from NICEs facebook yesterday  

Just to be clear: I was talking about them being in a rush *today*, not yesterday.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

If it was wrong, why did you re-post it here? I figured someone who knows so much about NICE should notice a mistake like that...

Because I dont know the exact routing all of NICEs route yet. Geez, finally I am contributing in an informational way, just like you want for this subforum and I still get judged over overlooking one lousy typo <_< I just tried to be helpful...

Edited by Vistausss

https://nassaunow.localitymedia.com/auth/login

Anyone that wants to tell Mangano to increase NICE funds or something can press the "Dial Mangano" Function (but I doubt that will work).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nassau-now/id483608728?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Anyways: Why is nothing being mentioned of NICE's Jan 12 bus changes on it's website, the changes occur one week from tomorrow?

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Anyways: Why is nothing being mentioned of NICE's Jan 12 bus changes on it's website, the changes occur one week from tomorrow?

I've seen advertisements placed on the N4 and N15 buses that I took today advising passengers of the January 12th timetable change too.

Didn't see any new printed timetables at Hempstead either (still have the September 2013 on the racks) and I can't find anything on their website either.

Then again, I end up wondering if it's even worth picking up copies anymore. I don't go to Nassau County by bus as often as I used to and the intercounty bus routes that I do ride (e.g.: N4, N20/N21) almost never follow the listed schedule anyway. 

Yes, but the roads were not clear and the bus didn't have chains on the tires. I swear, when he turned onto Middle Neck Rd, the bus slid a bit.

Vehicles don't need chains in the amount of snow we had in this store, in fact service would be suspended way before in a store that dumped enough snow to need chains.  If you put chains on all the buses in the NICE fleet for this storm (and every storm similar to it) all you would do is tear up the roads!

My original point was merely that a bus weighs much more than your car and has much more traction than your car... 

The MTA chained all their buses during the storm, yet Nassau got more snow than the city and didn't chain theirs.

Just because VZW has discounts on their contract, doesn't mean Sprint needs to do that too... If NICE thinks it's okay this way, then they're probably right. Like Burrstone said: there's chance they'll just tear up the roads. (and no: I'm not following lead, I actually did see photo and video footage of yesterday's snow in Nassau/NICE routes)

Edited by Vistausss

Maybe not in the city, but where I was driving in Nassau, the roads were slippery as anything and were not plowed properly (or not at all in some places). There was a need for chains.

I'm glad you think so but in reality there was no need for chains.  As already stated chains tear up the road, were ALL roads NICE buses traveled on covered in a compact layer of snow?  Were buses traveling on any clear roads?  Chains are not recommended on roads were you can see the road surface because they will tear the shit out of the roads...  In addition to tearing up roads chains would lower fuel economy and the biggest kicker, you are not supposed to go over 30mph with chains.  This would all just slow down the system, and did I mention tear up the roads for no benefit...

Brett, what would have been gained by adding chains to NICE buses?  Nothing, they weren't needed in this storm...

Edited by Burrstone

I actually was coming up with an idea last night about the n45, since it doesn't do as well as the n43. It seems the bus is empty once it turns on to Park ave. Since we know the n40/41 & 43 need more help further down, why not have the n45 continue down Babylon Turnpike all the way to Sunrise Highway going east, then terminating at the Bellmore LIRR station. The n51 would be discontinued as the new route would serve Merrick LIRR going west. From Merrick LIRR this bus would travel up Merrick Ave, then left on Camp, left on Meadowbrook and a right back onto Babylon Tpke (loop).

I notice most riders from the LIRR on the n51 get off by Camp anyway. The loop would run in the reverse direction in the AM, and would be rush hours only, like the n45 is now, but it would have later trips at Bellmore (the n45's that arrive in Bellmore at 6:15 & 7:15pm go OOS, thats NICE logic for ya).

I think the operator just put the n6L on for the lolz, you know, just for the photo.

Tape doesn't work indeed, but I'm not questioning bobtehpanda's knowledge either because I do learn from him in other sections of the forums so maybe there was indeed tape on it. It's cheap so that may explain the reason why.

I was in the parking lot for Northport Harbour this afternoon and was surprised to see one of the new NICE ford SUV's in the community parking lot that boarders the water...  Anyone want to speculate what that was doing way up on Suffolk's northshore, way off NICE's path...???  

I was in the parking lot for Northport Harbour this afternoon and was surprised to see one of the new NICE ford SUV's in the community parking lot that boarders the water...  Anyone want to speculate what that was doing way up on Suffolk's northshore, way off NICE's path...???  

You mean Dodge? ;)