Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the new ford SUV's they use for dispatchers and officials ... Maybe a para dispatcher? The veterans hospital is not that far way...

Oh, I'm sorry, I was mistaken those with the new Dodge Able-Ride vehicles :wub:

Maybe they went up to meet someone from SCT there? It's likely they may share some experiences every once in a while as independed operators, esp. because SCT has a limited budget and NICE knows how to deal with that :)

I was in the parking lot for Northport Harbour this afternoon and was surprised to see one of the new NICE ford SUV's in the community parking lot that boarders the water...  Anyone want to speculate what that was doing way up on Suffolk's northshore, way off NICE's path...???  

The dispatcher's girlfriend lives over there. He stopped for a quickie.

If you are interest, LIBRU will be having birthday party for their union tomorrow at 6:30pm Ethnical Humanist Society. Everyone who takes NICE Bus are invited for fun.

38 Old Country Rd.

Seriously, you had to ruin the joke (and on top of that, with an irrelevant (and even more on top of that, LIBRU) comment)?

Today decided to change buses at HTC instead of RF like I usually do because RF has no heated area and it's cold tonight. I hadn't been to HTC since, well, I think the (MTA) days. It was around 7pm and the place seemed to be full of bums and thug-type people up to no good & drinking. Couldn't even use the restroom, the stench of cigarette smoke was nauseating. I saw no security around at all. And there weren't any new schedules to take either, the place where they used to be on the wall didn't exist, and another rack just had written "new schedules available Jan.13.2014" in messy magic marker. This place seemed much busier years ago with commuters, but for whatever reasons, either lost ridership or whatnot, I didn't see many. This place seemed more ghetto than 165th st and that's saying alot. Don't plan on returning to change buses here for a long while, if ever. Some have said (MTA) still owns the property, but it definitely seems like security has been cut back a great deal. Not surprising about all the robberies and crime I read in the police blotter at Hempstead Term. Not a way to make riders feel comfortable & safe that's for sure. Certainly not a "nice" place that's for sure.

Today decided to change buses at HTC instead of RF like I usually do because RF has no heated area and it's cold tonight. I hadn't been to HTC since, well, I think the (MTA) days. It was around 7pm and the place seemed to be full of bums and thug-type people up to no good & drinking. Couldn't even use the restroom, the stench of cigarette smoke was nauseating. I saw no security around at all. And there weren't any new schedules to take either, the place where they used to be on the wall didn't exist, and another rack just had written "new schedules available Jan.13.2014" in messy magic marker. This place seemed much busier years ago with commuters, but for whatever reasons, either lost ridership or whatnot, I didn't see many. This place seemed more ghetto than 165th st and that's saying alot. Don't plan on returning to change buses here for a long while, if ever. Some have said (MTA) still owns the property, but it definitely seems like security has been cut back a great deal. Not surprising about all the robberies and crime I read in the police blotter at Hempstead Term. Not a way to make riders feel comfortable & safe that's for sure. Certainly not a "nice" place that's for sure.

Have you even to be HTC at night when bus terminal is closed for all bus traffic? It was so confusing. I wish NICE Bus will post info where bus stops when HTC is closed.

The cleaning guy I saw inside had an MTA hat on, so I'm guessing they do. But yeah, that building is screwed up, not so much the homeless guys because you see them in the PABT, GCT, Penn etc. and they usually mind their own business and don't cause any problems, just some real shady characters in there. There were 2 women fighting in the outside area earlier, and last time I was in there the MTAPD showed up to kick some crazy guy out who was yelling at random people for some reason. Glad this bullsh*t the NCPD trumped up got thrown out in court so I don't have to be back around there anytime soon.

Really? Sounds like taking photos there may be a bit easier now. I used to get harassed all the time there by those low-paid a-holes telling me I couldn't photograph on their premises.

I had no issues from them, but I shot everything with my iPhone. There was this 1 security guy inside the building that was talking to the regulars (mostly homeless) walking through the building, not really doing much else and I didn't see him or anyone else show up to take care of that fight outside I mentioned.

If you are interest, LIBRU will be having birthday party for their union tomorrow at 6:30pm Ethnical Humanist Society. Everyone who takes NICE Bus are invited for fun.

38 Old Country Rd.

Stop spamming.

That's exactly what I chalked it up to also (since I was last there).... Lost ridership.

As for waiting inside HTC, I've never done it, and with good reason.....

I would argue HTC is worse than 165th, as far as the wretchedness goes.... 165th suffers from some serious neglect; if they revamped the place & added at least 1 decent store inside the terminal, I think it can be turned around overnight - (I) can't say the same for HTC.... Don't really hear about crimes goin down @ 165th.....

Stop spamming.

That's exactly what I chalked it up to also (since I was last there).... Lost ridership.

I would argue HTC is worse than 165th, as far as the wretchedness goes.... 165th suffers from some serious neglect; if they revamped the place & added at least 1 decent store inside the terminal, I think it can be turned around overnight - (I) can't say the same for HTC.... Don't really hear about crimes goin down @ 165th.....

Sadly it seems HTC is a product of a County that could care less about funding transit. I bet most of the legislators wouldn't ever set foot in there let alone actually know where it's located. :( 

Used to see alot of ppl waiting for the n6 and always lines, but no lines there tonight, wonder how much n6 ridership has dropped?  

Edited by PinePower

Stop spamming.

I not spanning. It just only party for everyone who takes NICE Bus, including NICE bus drivers.

I can't believe (MTA) has cut back on security. I thought (MTA) was kicking ass???

Have you even to be HTC at night when bus terminal is closed for all bus traffic? It was so confusing. I wish NICE Bus will post info where bus stops when HTC is closed.

Did (MTA) post that in the LIB days? Just wondering.

HTC doesn't look so bad to me on video. But thay may be different in real life. It also differs per person. I mean, what's looking "shady" for one person may look "okay" to another. Based on video footage, I can think of a couple of transit centers that are worse at night then HTC. But again: it differs per person.

Edited by Vistausss

That's what I think. They must have had a reason to program the n6L into the newer buses when the route was long gone before they arrived.

I think all buses use the same program for uniformity. They probably won't remove the N6L it because there is technically no need to, they may reinstate the route.

Last week I posted that the HTC is disgusting, I was not joking. The whole place smells like the restrooms, and the restrooms smell even worse.  As for the patronage, you're omitting that it's the middle of January and Colleges aren't in session and its COLD. So there may be less people taking discretionary trips, and you're not going to see people going home from school or going to/from evening classes. 

They stop by the LIRR station, its been like that for years, whats confusing about it?

Sadly it seems HTC is a product of a County that could care less about funding transit. I bet most of the legislators wouldn't ever set foot in there let alone actually know where it's located. :(

Used to see alot of ppl waiting for the n6 and always lines, but no lines there tonight, wonder how much n6 ridership has dropped?  

It's cold, January and so no evening classes/etc. You may see more in Nov/Dec even when cold because of evening classes, and seasonal jobs in retail, etc. MTA's ridership data showed that LIB ridership peaked in March, for whatever reason.

I can't believe (MTA) has cut back on security. I thought (MTA) was kicking ass???

Did (MTA) post that in the LIB days? Just wondering.

There are still security guards in there sometimes. Maybe they stay in the booth now when its cold?

HTC doesn't look so bad to me on video. But thay may be different in real life. It also differs per person. I mean, what's looking "shady" for one person may look "okay" to another. Based on video footage, I can think of a couple of transit centers that are worse at night then HTC. But again: it differs per person.

It looks ok, smells bad, as for "shady" characters, that's subjective like you said. But when I was there last week, there was some guy that was just a little bit mental, you just have to keep your distance.

Wrong, some buses have programs other buses do not. Not all buses are programmed at the same time with the same program.

I meant that they probably use the latest program update buses as necessary but don't always flash ALL buses unless it's necessary. When they get new buses they probably just use the latest program which still have the N6L on them as there is no real reason to remove it.

The older ones probably have different displays and probably aren't updated as often.

Yeah, some security persons take it a bit too far. I mean, it's a bit unrelated, but check out this one where they weren't even filming on transit property but on the public road and the cop starts to get all willy-nilly about it:

That says a lot about security and cops these days...

Edited by Vistausss

The cleaning guy I saw inside had an MTA hat on, so I'm guessing they do. But yeah, that building is screwed up, not so much the homeless guys because you see them in the PABT, GCT, Penn etc. and they usually mind their own business and don't cause any problems, just some real shady characters in there. There were 2 women fighting in the outside area earlier, and last time I was in there the MTAPD showed up to kick some crazy guy out who was yelling at random people for some reason. Glad this bullsh*t the NCPD trumped up got thrown out in court so I don't have to be back around there anytime soon.

I had no issues from them, but I shot everything with my iPhone. There was this 1 security guy inside the building that was talking to the regulars (mostly homeless) walking through the building, not really doing much else and I didn't see him or anyone else show up to take care of that fight outside I mentioned.

HTC is why buses like N47/46 that run in middle class areas DO NOT GET USED.

Well, I see security still harasses photographers. Video here was recently uploaded by somebody. Listen to the dialogue:

I saw that one. Pretty pathetic to harass a photographer but do nothing about the shady characters hanging around, it shows the security has no b@lls.

HTC is why buses like N47/46 that run in middle class areas DO NOT GET USED.

You got that right. They need more buses serving RF instead, I bet the n46 & 47 would get used more if they went to RF. And now with the n6x @NCC students dont have to deal with a transfer to the n6 at HTC anymore. You can get rid of the n45 and just run the n46 to RF instead of HTC, have it travel down Uniondale Ave via the n43 route!