Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

It not just only me, Pinepower or Hound. There's lots of anti-NICE drivers as who wants (MTA) back. When I was doing petitioning on my friend's bus, there's lots of former LIB don't like their schedules. For instant once n20/n21 arrives at Flushing, they only have 5 minutes late over.

Also, there's no way bus could make in 7 minutes between Roosevelt Field and Jay Court.

That's most of complaints some LIB/NICE drivers complaints.

We also meet with on of schedulers, average guy who used to do LIB schedules, and he even didn't like the way NICE was doing schedule, even he's tried his best trying to make it flexible for bus operator.

Saturday night, NY Islanders and enermy team taking n70/n71/n72 buses were not  happy taking the bus. One of female Islanders told me, n70/n71/n72 buses are always late every single day.

Edited by FamousNYLover

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're not travel stories, they're the reason he doesn't want to get a job. He is perfectly capable. If he likes NICE so much, why doesn't he work for them? Ask him that. He could probably even volunteer for them instead of wasting his time on here.

If you really are online as much as you say then why are you telling me this? Because I did ask him a few times this year why he doesn't apply for a job at NICE.

It not just only me, Pinepower or Hound. There's lots of anti-NICE drivers as who wants (MTA) back. When I was doing petitioning on my friend's bus, there's lots of former LIB don't like their schedules. For instant once n20/n21 arrives at Flushing, they only have 5 minutes late over.

Also, there's no way bus could make in 7 minutes between Roosevelt Field and Jay Court.

We also meet with on of schedulers, average guy who used to do LIB schedules, and he even didn't like the way NICE was doing schedule, even he's tried his best trying to make it flexible for bus operator.

Saturday night, NY Islanders and enermy team taking n70/n71/n72 buses were not  happy taking the bus. One of female Islanders told me, n70/n71/n72 buses are always late every single day.

Like I said before: that s not NICE's fault, Transdev is the one who wants their companies to fit the schedules so tightly that it's almost not doable. We discussed it with Transdev before but they don't really see the problem. So we're gonna discuss it with them again in February or March (no exact date set yet).

Edited by Vistausss

If you really are online as much as you say then why are you telling me this? Because I did ask him a few times this year why he doesn't apply for a job at NICE.

Like I said before: that s not NICE's fault, Transdev is the one who wants their companies to fit the schedules so tightly that it's almost not doable. We discussed it with Transdev before but they don't really see the problem. So we're gonna discuss it with them again in February or March (no exact date set yet).

You do realize why drivers like (MTA) better right? it's not bc they care about the system, passengers, or service. It's because of the pension, they could get away with more with the (MTA) , a driver could make $100,000 or live a very comfortable life with overtime, etc.. Hound has said before he would benefit from the skeleton system the (MTA) wanted to run. How would that affect you and the average rider? Of course someone like him wants wants the (MTA) back and I said before I totally understand why a driver in his position would want the (MTA) back. But to say things would be better with the (MTA) back because drivers are pro (MTA) is just silly - of course the drivers want the (MTA) back, it's better for THEM that doesn't mean the passengers would be better off.

I cannot drive. I play too much racing game.

A lot of people play racing games and own a car, what's does that have to do with anything. Ir just reduce your racing game time (unless you're highly addicted to it). I don't know how that even is a legitimate reason.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

A lot of people play racing games and own a car, what's does that have to do with anything. Ir just reduce your racing game time (unless you're highly addicted to it). I don't know how that even is a legitimate reason.

It's not at all debatable, I'm certain of it.

NICE sucks.

Please stop.

NICE sucks.

Not trying to bash or anything but I wonder why this is considered more helpful and informative than my n21 post...

It's the people that operate NICE that makes service so bad. I can now see why people want the MTA to take over again.

Exactly. Thanks for acknowledging that.

Btw, since like I said earlier we're talking to Transdev *again* in February or March about those too-tight-schedules, is there anything else I can bring to the table? We're not focussing on improving NICE since that's out of our league (except for those too-tight-schedules because that's a general Transdev thing which also happens to be a problem at NICE), but hey, since we're there anyway I can always bring something up or at least drop off a short note with some of your concerns :)

Edited by Vistausss

Not trying to bash or anything but I wonder why this is considered more helpful and informative than my n21 post...

Exactly. Thanks for acknowledging that.

Btw, since like I said earlier we're talking to Transdev *again* in February or March about those too-tight-schedules, is there anything else I can bring to the table? We're not focussing on improving NICE since that's out of our league (except for those too-tight-schedules because that's a general Transdev thing which also happens to be a problem at NICE), but hey, since we're there anyway I can always bring something up or at least drop off a short note with some of your concerns :)

Transdev sucks.

Overnight n6 service:

"LIE will be closed in Nassau/Suffolk at midnight. If alternative needed, n6 overnight service btwn Jamaica-Hempstead on Hemp. TPK corridor"

(source: NICE's Twitter - https://twitter.com/theNICEbus/status/418870341197234177)

I just saw that on my twitter. the LIE is no where near Hempstead Turnpike, that doesn't really make much sense.

The HR rep & a few other folks at the job were talking about that earlier today... She said something about cars being stalled out on a the LIE during the last big snowstorm, to the point where the trucks couldn't throw salt on the roads or whatever..... Happened somewhere near where she lives, around North Ocean av (in whatever town that is)....

Well speak of the devil, I managed to find an article of just what she was referring to...

To prevent something like this from happening again, they're closing the LIE..... That's the backstory with that.

I understand that Long Islanders will go out on the road whether the conditions are good or whether they're terrible (ie. Last year's blizzard), but I do not think the LIE should be closed. They're plowing and salting the roads early enough this year that I don't think they should be closing the one expressway in and out of Long Island.

I could understand if there was a massive snowfall where they needed to close the LIE (and other roads) to remove massive snowfall...  but that'sit...  To close the LIE, thruway and I-84 to commercial traffic at 5 pm and regular cars hours later....  Why?  First of all "Commercial traffic" is more experience in this, but shut down first LMAO, FAIL!

According to NICE, the n6x is running local this morning and doesn't serve NCC so you need to transfer to the n43 or n16 if you want to go to NCC (which is closed but still).

And to add to that: #NICEALERT Our staff is reporting n27 along Sea Cliff Avenue still needs to be plowed. Expect a detour north of Roslyn to be put into effect

Edited by Vistausss