Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2013  5:25PM

Due to signal problems at Grand Central-42 St, some northbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running local from Brooklyn Bridge to 125 St.

Some northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St- Grand Concourse.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2013  5:58PM

Due to mechanical problem at 125 St, there is no 1.png train service between 168 St and 96 St in both directions.

Disabled 1 train per WABC

If the disabled train is at 125th street, why not run (1) trains express?

An update that wasn't proofread:

Due to mechanical problem at 125 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 1.png train service in both directions between Chambers St and 137 St-City College.

Northbound 1.png trains are running in both direction between 137 St-City College and Van Cortlandt Park- 242 St.

There is 1.png train shuttle service in both directions between South Ferry and Chambers St.

2.png and 3.png trains are running local in both directions between Chambers St to 96 St.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take the 2.png and 3.png train service to 59 St and transfer to the [A] and [C] train service to 168 St, where you can make a connection for northbound 1.png line.

^ lol, northbound (1) trains running in both directions.

At the same time, this is going on

Service Change

Posted: 05/29/2013  5:25PM

Due to signal problems at Grand Central-42 St, some northbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running local from Brooklyn Bridge to 125 St.

Some northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St- Grand Concourse.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

MTA Service Alert

Due to a derailment involving a 1 train near 125th St, there is no service between 96th St and 137th St. In Upper Manhattan, trains are running in both directions between 137 St-City College and Van Cortlandt Park- 242 St. 2 and 3 trains are running local between 96th St and Chambers St. Use A service if possible for service to Upper Manhattan. Monitor Service Status for updates

Can't they run the (1) to 96th atleast?

They were at one point during the evening rush I believe. Maybe they felt relaying at 103St was a hassle and they just decided to cut it and run the (2) and (3) local since the (2) runs local during late nights anyways.

Why should it run to 96th? The (2) and (3) replace it from chambers to 96th.And there is a shuttle train from chambers to 96th.Im wondering why the (1) can't run express through the area.im guessing because power is off.

Edited by Abba

Service Change

Posted: 05/30/2013  9:48AM

Due to loss of power in the Rockaways, there is no h.png Shuttle service in both directions between Mott Av and Beach 90 St.

Service Change

Posted: 05/30/2013  9:21AM

Due to a signal problem at Astor Pl, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running local from Brooklyn Bridge to 14 Street.

Some northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Service Change

Posted: 05/30/2013  9:34AM

Due to sick customer at 40 St, Main St-bound 7.png trains are running express from Queensboro Plz to 74 St.

Guest Lance

Copied from my email:

b/d no H Shuttle service b/t Mott Av and Beach 90 St, due to a LIPA loss of power in the Rockaways.

Honestly, of all times for this to happen...

back to normal, 

Delays

Posted: 05/30/2013 10:24AM

Follwoing an earlier incident in the Rockaways, h.png Shuttle service b/t Mott Av and Beach 90 St, has resumed regular route.

Also while im here, 

Service Change

Posted: 05/30/2013 10:02AM

Due to a signal problem at Astor Pl, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running local from Brooklyn Bridge to 14 Street.

Some northbound 5.png trains are running on the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Allow additional travel time

Service Change

Posted: 05/30/2013 10:03AM

Due to sick customer at 40 St, Main St-bound 7.png trains are running express from Queensboro Plz to 74 St.

Edited by BreeddekalbL

We're there announcement in the station explaining what happened?

I mean the train I would have gotten on was literally the one that derailed. There were no announcements while I was down there, but I bailed after 10 minutes or so, when all the times on the countdown clock changed to "Delay". When I got above ground I got the first alert about "mechanical problems" but there was no audible announcement in the station.