Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change

Posted: 05/30/2013 12:46PM

Due to a smoke condition at 110 St, n/b a.png and d.png trains are running local between 59 St and 125 St.

Allow additional travel time.

Delays

Posted: 05/30/2013 12:29PM

Due to a signal problem at Broad Channel, n/b a.png train service is running with delays.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delays Posted: 05/30/2013 8:12PM

Due to FDNY activity at 137 St, southbound (1) train service is delayed.

Delays Posted: 05/30/2013 5:41PM

Due to signal problems at High St, northbound (A) and (C) trains are delayed.

Service Change Posted: 05/30/2013 7:44PM

Due to a sick customer at Atlantic Av-Barclay Center, southbound (D) and (N) trains are running on the local track from Atlantic Av-Barclay Center to 36 St.

Delays Posted: 05/30/2013 7:26PM

Due to signal problems at Roosevelt Island, northbound (F) train service is delayed.

Just want to share that (1) service will be restored for today's commute.

Service on the 1 train is back up in Manhattan after a derailment yesterday in Harlem.

Trains started running again shortly after 6:30 a.m.

They were suspended along much of the line overnight.

The MTA says shortly before 6 p.m. yesterday the first set of wheels under the first car of a southbound 1 train jumped the tracks between the 125th Street and 116th Street.

No one was hurt, but several hundred passengers had to be rescued from the disabled train

"We had about 350, 400 people on board the train. Everybody was okay and our crews worked through the night so that they had to replace and repair a lot of the third rail and a lot of the protection that covers the rail. That work took roughly 12 hours," said MTA Spokesman Adam Lisberg.

It's still not clear what caused the train to jump the tracks.

Source: NY1

Derailments seem to be going up...

I doubt it. On many occasions it's just sheer coincidence. There's always certain issues, but you rarely if ever see that they're correlated.

Edited by Turbo19

An update to an already posted change...

Delays Posted: 05/31/2013 11:20AM 

Due to signal problems at 149 St-Grand Concourse, some northbound 5.gif trains are running on the 2.gif line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Expect delays in 2.gif4.gif and 5.gif train service in both directions.

lots going on,

Delays

Posted: 05/31/2013  4:18PM

Due to signal problems at 233 St, expect delays in southbound 2.png train service.

Delays

Posted: 05/31/2013  7:40PM

Due to signal problems at 125 St, northbound 6.png train service is delayed.

Service Change

Posted: 05/31/2013  4:42PM

Due to a rail condition at 46 St, Express Main St-bound 7.png trains are running local from Queensboro Plz to 74 St.

anyone know what was going on here?

Delays

Posted: 05/31/2013  7:44PM

Folowing an earlier incident, j.png train service has resumed with residual delays.

Service Change Posted: 06/01/2013 8:44AM 

Due to a sick customer at 68 St, southbound 4.gif trains are terminating at 149 St-Grand Concourse, southbound 6.gif trains are terminating at 3 Av-138 St.

Service Change Posted: 06/01/2013 7:57AM 

Due to signal problems at Court St, some southbound R.gif are terminating at 34 St-Herald Square, southbound N.gif and Q.gif trains are running with delays.

EDIT:  (4)  (6) service resumes with the usual delays

Edited by superdrive1

Service Change Posted: 06/01/2013 8:44AM 

Due to a sick customer at 68 St, southbound 4.gif trains are terminating at 149 St-Grand Concourse, southbound 6.gif trains are terminating at 3 Av-138 St.

Service Change Posted: 06/01/2013 7:57AM 

Due to signal problems at Court St, some southbound R.gif are terminating at 34 St-Herald Square, southbound N.gif and Q.gif trains are running with delays.

EDIT:  (4)  (6) service resumes with the usual delays

Yup, had a feeling the tunnel wouldn't be able to handle that G.O. ( (N) and (Q) are going via the tunnel this weekend)

Service Change Posted: 06/01/2013 9:42AM 

Due to signal problems at Court St, some southbound R.gif are terminating at 34 St-Herald Square, northbound N.gif and Q.gif trains are running with delays.

Delays Posted: 06/01/2013 9:25AM 

Due to signal problems at Whitehall St, southbound N.gifQ.gif and R.gif trains are running with delays.

Tunnel really giving it some today!

When they know they are having major capacity/signal problems in the Montague St tunnel, I'm not sure why they choose to send three trains thru the tunnel this weekend.  Smarter thing to do would have been to reroute the R via the D from DeKalb to Broadway-Lafayette, then via the M or F to Queens.

Rail replacement at Atlantic Av (L): no service s/o Bway Jct for an hour, now a shuttle begun between Atlantic and Canarsie.

When they know they are having major capacity/signal problems in the Montague St tunnel, I'm not sure why they choose to send three trains thru the tunnel this weekend.  Smarter thing to do would have been to reroute the R via the D from DeKalb to Broadway-Lafayette, then via the M or F to Queens.

Or run the (N)(Q) every 15min instead of the normal weekend headway.

Unbelievable rides on the (N) and (Q) today. Went down to Atlantic both ways, the first time I took the (N) down and it didn't take too long but we were slow moving the whole way, I got off at Court and took the (2) from there. On the way back up on the (Q), we were absolutely crushloaded (mostly with people coming from the beach) and spend a good half hour stopped at DeKalb, and 10-15 minutes at the other stations, along with the slow moving. Folks were saying the delays were going all the way back to Coney Island and it took them 3 HOURS to get up to Downtown Brooklyn from there.

Why the hell did this GO happen? Were repairs on the bridge that important that they had to send both the (N) and (Q) through a tunnel they know has major signal problems in both directions?

I hate to say it as an (R) rider (where service already sucks bad), but that tunnel shutdown needs to happen.

Due to switch problems at 36 St (Bklyn), the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound D.gif and N.gif trains are running local from Atlantic Av-Barclays Center to 36 St (Bklyn).

Northbound N.gif trains are running local from 36 St (Bklyn) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Center.

Unbelievable rides on the (N) and (Q) today. Went down to Atlantic both ways, the first time I took the (N) down and it didn't take too long but we were slow moving the whole way, I got off at Court and took the (2) from there. On the way back up on the (Q), we were absolutely crushloaded (mostly with people coming from the beach) and spend a good half hour stopped at DeKalb, and 10-15 minutes at the other stations, along with the slow moving. Folks were saying the delays were going all the way back to Coney Island and it took them 3 HOURS to get up to Downtown Brooklyn from there.

Why the hell did this GO happen? Were repairs on the bridge that important that they had to send both the (N) and (Q) through a tunnel they know has major signal problems in both directions?

I hate to say it as an (R) rider (where service already sucks bad), but that tunnel shutdown needs to happen.

They will shut the tube for 2 weekends (June 15th-16th) (June 23rd-24th) sending the (R) via the (Q) line both directions.  

The problems at Court Street started this morning (and are still continuing as of this time) and I noticed when I waiting for the Q at Sheepshead Bay at 9:10 AM, there were two Q trains headed for Coney Island  within a five minute interval. In addition we passed another two (at least) headed in that direction on our way to Prospect Park.

What disturbs me is that MTA did not think it was important for us the paying passengers to know about this problem  as when I was waiting on 34th Street for the Q and heard the announcmeent about signal problems at Court Street, I would have taken the F train to Coney Island and took the bus from there. I could have taken the F to Jay Street which would have gotten me the Q after Court Street or gone back to Times Square and took the 2 to Flatbush and then taken the bus.

Today was one big public relations disaster for the MTA  as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Interested Rider

The problems at Court Street started this morning (and are still continuing as of this time) and I noticed when I waiting for the Q at Sheepshead Bay at 9:10 AM, there were two Q trains headed for Coney Island  within a five minute interval. In addition we passed another two (at least) headed in that direction on our way to Prospect Park.

What disturbs me is that MTA did not think it was important for us the paying passengers to know about this problem  as when I was waiting on 34th Street for the Q and heard the announcmeent about signal problems at Court Street, I would have taken the F train to Coney Island and took the bus from there. I could have taken the F to Jay Street which would have gotten me the Q after Court Street or gone back to Times Square and took the 2 to Flatbush and then taken the bus.

Today was one big public relations disaster for the MTA  as far as I am concerned.

When isn't it..