Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change  Posted: 09/11/2015  6:00AM 

Due to a derailment at Hoyt-Schermerhorn, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no g.png train service between Fulton St and Church Av in both directions. Take the f.png instead.

There is limited g.png train service between Bedford-Nostrand Avs and Court Sq in both directions.

Shuttle Bus shuttle_bus.png service is available from Bedford-Nostrand Avs to Hoyt-Schermerhorn in both directions.

Some a.png trains are running local from Utica Av to Hoyt-Schermerhorn in both directions.

Free transfers are available between Broadway on the g.png line and Lorimer on the j.pngm.png and z.png lines.

Free transfers are available between Fulton St on the g.png line and Lafayette Av on the c.png line.

As an alternative for g.png service customers can use the northbound B38 bus on Lafayette Av or the southbound B38 bus on DeKalb Av.

Please expect heavy crowding and delays.

Please allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delays  Posted: 09/17/2015 12:03PM 

Due to signal problems at Queens Plazae.pngf.pngm.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Allow additional travel time

2nd day in a row, signal problems at Queens Plaz are delaying E F M and R trains

Two days in a row, that warning has been up since 8AM. I saw the alert when I checked the MTA site while on the bus. I decided to take the (J) today (and yesterday). A friend warned me via text yesterday because they were stuck on the train for almost 2 hours! 

Delays Posted: 09/17/2015 12:03PM

Due to signal problems at Queens Plaza, e.png, f.png, m.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Two days in a row, that warning has been up since 8AM. I saw the alert when I checked the MTA site while on the bus. I decided to take the (J) today (and yesterday). A friend warned me via text yesterday because they were stuck on the train for almost 2 hours!

The alert first went up Closer to 7am

For what it's worth, I didn't have a single problem on the M this morning at about 7:50. In fact, one of the most trouble-free trips on the line. Still on time at the rock at 8:20

Nor did I hear any problems on the scanner.

The alert first went up Closer to 7am

For what it's worth, I didn't have a single problem on the M this morning at about 7:50. In fact, one of the most trouble-free trips on the line. Still on time at the rock at 8:20

Nor did I hear any problems on the scanner.

Yesterday my M just stopped at queens plaza around 850 AM, ended up taking the 7 at QBP. Today I just took the 7 to avoid any issues.

Speaking of the 7, thats down between times sq and hunterspoint due to a rail condition, with a shuttle from tsq to 34th. Theres no getting away from the delays lol

Yesterday my M just stopped at queens plaza around 850 AM, ended up taking the 7 at QBP. Today I just took the 7 to avoid any issues.

Speaking of the 7, thats down between times sq and hunterspoint due to a rail condition, with a shuttle from tsq to 34th. Theres no getting away from the delays lol

Never ends with the (7).

Due to a rail condition at 5 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no 7 train service between Hunters Point Av and 42 St-Times Sq in both directions.

Shuttle train service is operating between 42 St-Times Sq and 34 St-Hudson Yards in both directions.

LIRR is cross honoring NYCT customers at Flushing (Main St), Woodside and Penn Station.

As an alternative customers are advised to use the N or Q train service to and from 42 St-Times Sq.

Or

Take the E or M at Court Sq, the E, F, M or R at Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av to and from Manhattan.

Well at least we get LIRR cross honoring

EDIT service has resumed

Edited by RestrictOnTheHanger

Wow it's worth to run a shuttle from Hudson Yards to Times Sq?

Yeah, if you think about it.

Hudson Yards is isolated and there's no other connect to any other line, whereas Times Sq you have many, most importantly the (N) and (Q) to Queensboro to catch the (7) to Flushing.

If the (7) was just running to TSQ then they could just suspend trains and not need a shuttle, but one would be needed from HY to TSQ.

What better way to lament Monday than a good quarter of the B division being FUBAR?

Due to a rail condition at 125 St and 72 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no b.png train service between Bedford Park Blvd and DeKalb Av in both directions.

b.png trains are running on the r.png line between DeKalb Av and Whitehall St-South Ferry in both directions (northbound b.png trains are terminating at Whitehall St-South Ferry).

Southbound a.png trains are running local from 145 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

d.png trains are running local between Norwood-205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle in both directions.

a.png, b.png, c.png and d.png trains are running with delays in both directions.  

Allow additional travel time.

Edited by Joel Up Front

What better way to lament Monday than a good quarter of the B division being FUBAR?

Due to a rail condition at 125 St and 72 St, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no b.png train service between Bedford Park Blvd and DeKalb Av in both directions.

b.png trains are running on the r.png line between DeKalb Av and Whitehall St-South Ferry in both directions (northbound b.png trains are terminating at Whitehall St-South Ferry).

Southbound a.png trains are running local from 145 St to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

d.png trains are running local between Norwood-205 St and 59 St-Columbus Circle in both directions.

a.png, b.png, c.png and d.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Was stuck in that mess. Was coming from Brooklyn and I transferred at Atlantic for the (D) Train. While riding pass Dekalb I saw the (B) on the (R) track confused. I decided to check when we're appoaching 7th Avenue on my phone only to find out about the rail condition and the (D) I was on ended up going local. Was going to get a roll of film for this film camera but obviously with that incident it will have to wait until next week

Service Change  Posted: 09/23/2015  5:10PM 

Due to FDNY Activity on the street level at E 213 and Jerome Av, there is no 4.png train service between Burnside Av andWoodlawn in both directions.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take the Bx10, Bx28 and Bx32 buses.

A tractor trailer not only got stuck under the el, the trailer was split in half while taking out an electrical cable sparking a fire. The fire was extinguished but they have no clue on how to take the truck out from under the el, and even then they have to assess any damage to the el *and* repair the cable and whatever else got damaged before restoring power north of Burnside, let alone train service.

Service Change Posted: 09/23/2015 5:10PM

Due to FDNY Activity on the street level at E 213 and Jerome Av, there is no 4.png train service between Burnside Av andWoodlawn in both directions.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take the Bx10, Bx28 and Bx32 buses.

A tractor trailer not only got stuck under the el, the trailer was split in half while taking out an electrical cable sparking a fire. The fire was extinguished but they have no clue on how to take the truck out from under the el, and even then they have to assess any damage to the el *and* repair the cable and whatever else got damaged before restoring power north of Burnside, let alone train service.

Sounds serious hopefully they have power restored and the tractor trailer removed soon it's rush hour

Service Change  Posted: 09/23/2015  5:10PM 

Due to FDNY Activity on the street level at E 213 and Jerome Av, there is no 4.png train service between Burnside Av andWoodlawn in both directions.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take the Bx10, Bx28 and Bx32 buses.

Let's give a medal to the driver for "Driving a Tractor Trailer under an EL and Suspending Service"

Smfh...