Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Service Change  Posted: 08/07/2015  9:36PM 

Due to NYPD investigation of a customer injury at 1 Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no l.png train service between 8 Av and Bedford Av.

Some 8 Av-bound l.png trains terminate at Broadway JunctionMyrtle-Wyckoff Avs or Bedford Av.

As an alternative for service in Manhattan, customer can use the M14A and M14D buses.

Allow additional travel time.

I don't see what the point is of emailing about a sick customer.There was one now at Kosciusko st.As soon as I got the alert I turned on my radio but the train was already on the move.If they are

gonna send out an email do it when it starts.

Edited by Abba

Make up your mind. You complain when they don't report service disruptions, but here you are making a fuss on service changes and alerts that are being posted. Sometimes, the disruption may not last as long as expected. Personally, I like being in the know because, even if the problem is cleared earlier than expected, there will still likely be some residual delays.

Service Change  Posted: 08/14/2015  5:35PM

Due to a rail condition at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, southbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running express from Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr to Franklin Av.

Expect delays on 1.png, 2.png, 3.png, 4.png, 5.png and 6.png train service in both directions.

Why the (1) and the (6) being affected? Since both lines doesn't reach into Brooklyn. 

Service Change  Posted: 08/15/2015 11:53AM 

Due to AC Power failure at Broad Channel the following service changes are in effect:

There is no a.png train service between Far Rockaway-Mott Av and Broad Channel in both directions.

There is no Rockaway Park s.png train service between Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St and Broad Channel in both directions.

Customers are advised to use the Q22Q52 and Q53 bus service making nearby station stops.

What is up with these powers issues?

Edited by Javier

What is up with these powers issues?

My educated guess is the hot weather...bad news for the beach goers. I'm glad that no nostalgia train is running to the Rockaways today - it would have been disaster, especially waiting @ Howard Beach or Broad Channel for the vintage buses...

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan
Typo

My educated guess is the hot weather...bad news for the beach goers. I'm glad that no nostalgia train is running to the Rockaways today - it would have been disaster, especially waiting @ Howard Beach or Broad Channel for the vintage buses...

Nope someone stole the damn Power Cables again but unlike last time, it caused the outage on the Entire Rockaways

What is going on at Fulton St on the G?   Earlier this morning, the G was simply bypassing Fulton St in both directions, but now there is a total shutdown between Church Ave & Bedford-Nostrand.   (Guess we'll read about this in the Daily News tomorrow.)

Service Change  Posted: 08/18/2015 10:22AM

Due to NYPD activity at Fulton St, there is no g.png train service between Bedford-Nostravd Av and Church Av in both directions.

As an alternate customers are advised to use the f.png train service between Bergen St and Church Av in both directions.

B38 bus service making nearby station stops between Bedford-Nostrand Av and Jay St-MetroTech in both directions.

This looks fun.

Due to rail condition at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound e.png trains are running local from Queens Plaza to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Northbound f.png trains are running local from 21 St-Queensbridge to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some Forest Hills bound m.png trains are terminating at Chambers St.

Expect delays in northbound m.png and r.png train service

The first week or so of August wasn't that bad compared to now.

Due to FDNY activity at Cortlandt St, northbound r.png trains are running on the q.png line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

Expect delays on northbound q.png trains.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Service Change  Posted: 08/19/2015  9:40PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at South Ferry, the following service changes are in effect:

1.png trains are bypassing South Ferry in both directions.

Some northbound 2.png and 3.png trains are running local from Chambers St to 96 St.

In few moments the fastrack starts. 

Service Change  Posted: 08/19/2015 10:32PM 

Due to a police investigation of a customer injury at Kings Hwy, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound b.png and q.png trains are running with delays.

Southbound b.png trains are running local from Prospect Pk to Brighton Beach.