Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Yea but they might have an (N) train or two terminating at 57th Street instead (you never know) and affect (Q) trains that way.

They Proboblay didn't bother taking it down.Also ...

Service Change

Posted: 08/27/2015 8:06AM

Due to a sick customer at W 4 St-Washington Sq, northbound (B) and (D) trains are running local from Broadway-Lafayette to W 4 St-Washington Sq.

Allow additional travel time.

What does that mean?

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably switching onto the local track between those stations. There's a switch right after Broadway-Lafayette and another one right after West 4th Street, so that would make sense.

I remember one time the (B) decided to go on the local track. I think it was for a sick passenger too. Either way, I bet you could guess what happened to the (M).

Yea but they might have an (N) train or two terminating at 57th Street instead (you never know) and affect (Q) trains that way.

Maybe, but they didn't say anything about a (Q) extension. Then again the mta is known for leaving out some changes so yeah your right I'd never know.

Service Change  Posted: 08/27/2015 10:04PM 

Due to track maintenance at Lexington Av-59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound q.png trains terminate at 57 St-7 Av.

Some northbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 57 St-7 Av to 36 St (Qns)

Northbound n.pngq.png and r.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change  Posted: 08/27/2015 10:04PM 

Due to signal problems at 8 Av, some southbound n.png trains are running express from 59 St (Bklyn) to Kings Hwy.

Southbound n.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change Posted: 08/28/2015 11:54AM 

Due to switch problems at Bway-Lafayette, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (M) train service between Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av in boh directions.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take (E), (F) or (R) trains.

Expect delays on (A), (F), (E), (J) and (M) trains.

Allow additonal travel time.

1. What does the (A) have to do with anything?

2. Did they fix the switch at Essex Street?

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Service Change  Posted: 08/28/2015  1:11PM 

Due to signal problems at 34 St-Herald Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

b.png train service is temporarily suspended in both directions.

Northbound d.png trains are running with extensive delays.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the a.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to West 4 St-Washington Sq and then running on the e.png line from West 4 St-Washington Sq to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Court Sq and then via the e.png line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays on the a.pngd.pnge.pngf.png and g.png trains.

Service Change Posted: 08/28/2015 11:54AM

Due to switch problems at Bway-Lafayette, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (M) train service between Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av in boh directions.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take (E), (F) or (R) trains.

Expect delays on (A), (F), (E), (J) and (M) trains.

1. What does the (A) have to do with anything?

2. Did they fix the switch at Essex Street?

Because (F) trains are running via 8th Avenue

update:

Service Change  Posted: 08/28/2015  1:51PM 

Due to signal problems at 34 St-Herald Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

b.png train service is temporarily suspended in both directions.

Northbound d.png trains are running with extensive delays.

Some northbound d.png trains are running on the a.png line from West 4 St-Washington Sq to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the a.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to West 4 St-Washington Sq and then running on the e.png line from West 4 St-Washington Sq to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Court Sq and then via the e.png line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays on the a.pngd.pnge.pngf.png and g.png trains.

Service Change  Posted: 08/28/2015 11:54AM 

There is no m.png train service between Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av in boh directions.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take e.pngf.png or r.png trains.

Expect delays on a.pngf.pnge.pngj.png and m.png trains.

update:

Service Change Posted: 08/28/2015 1:51PM

Due to signal problems at 34 St-Herald Sq, the following service changes are in effect:

b.png train service is temporarily suspended in both directions.

Northbound d.png trains are running with extensive delays.

Some northbound d.png trains are running on the a.png line from West 4 St-Washington Sq to 59 St-Columbus Circle.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the a.png line from Jay St-MetroTech to West 4 St-Washington Sq and then running on the e.png line from West 4 St-Washington Sq to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Some northbound f.png trains are running on the g.png line from Bergen St to Court Sq and then via the e.png line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av.

Expect delays on the a.pngd.pnge.pngf.png and g.png trains.

Service Change Posted: 08/28/2015 11:54AM

There is no m.png train service between Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av in boh directions.

As an alternate, customers are advised to take e.png, f.png or r.png trains.

Expect delays on a.png, f.png, e.png, j.png and m.png trains.

Yep even though service resumed, trains are still running with heavy delays. I ended up riding the (D) train local home (From 72nd Street) and no I was coming from my moms house from Spring Valley and I wished I sticked to using the (1)

What a way to end the summer.

A Division:

Delays  Posted: 08/31/2015  4:30PM

Following an earlier incident at Kingsbridge Rd, 4.png service has resumed with residual delays.

Service Change  Posted: 08/31/2015  4:09PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Middletown Rd, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound 6.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound 6.png trains terminate at Westchester Sq-East Tremont Av.

B Division:

Service Change  Posted: 08/31/2015  4:21PM

Due to a sick customer at Broadway Junction, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound c.png trains are running express from Hoyt-Schermerhorn to Broadway Junction.

Expect delays on southbound a.png trains.

What a way to end the summer.

A Division:

Delays Posted: 08/31/2015 4:30PM

Following an earlier incident at Kingsbridge Rd, 4.png service has resumed with residual delays.

Service Change Posted: 08/31/2015 4:09PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Middletown Rd, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound 6.png trains are running with delays.

Some northbound 6.png trains terminate at Westchester Sq-East Tremont Av.

B Division:

Service Change Posted: 08/31/2015 4:21PM

Due to a sick customer at Broadway Junction, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound c.png trains are running express from Hoyt-Schermerhorn to Broadway Junction.

Expect delays on southbound a.png trains.

Why not express from Broadway junction to utica ave ?

Caught the end of the "Rail Condition'" at Bourough Hall.I took a (3) which was supposed to terminate at Atlantic.Eevn the countdown clocks showed that.But it ended up going to Manhattan..I did see a (3) that came out of the Nevins spur

Which was a 1519 ATL/NLT.I still don't get why you would run a (3) from To/from Atlantic.The only reason I can think of is that the crews are at New Lots for the (3) only,

Service Change
Posted: 09/08/2015 4:56PM
Due to FDNY activity at 14 St-Union Square, the following service changes are in effect:
Northbound (N) and (R) trains are running express from Canal St to 34 St-Herald Sq.
Northbound (Q) trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 09/08/2015  5:08PM 

Due to an earlier incident at 14 Sta.pngc.png and e.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

Service Change  Posted: 09/08/2015  4:01PM 

Due to a rail condition at Lafayette Av, southbound c.png trains are running express from Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts to Broadway-Junction.

Southbound a.png trains expect delays.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Another edition of "Midweek Mishaps." Not as drastic as it normally is, though.

Due to a train with mechanical problems at W 4 St-Washington Sq the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound c.png trains are running express from 59 St-Columbus Circle to Canal St.

Southbound e.png trains are running express from 42 St-Port Authority to Canal St.

Expect delays in southbound a.png train service.

Service Change  Posted: 09/10/2015  7:55PM

Due to FDNY activity at Fulton Sta.png and c.png trains are running on the f.png line between W 4 St-Washington Square and Jay St-MetroTech in both directions.

Expect delays on a.png, c.png and f.png train service in both directions.

Allow additional travel time

anyone have any ideas what happen? I got caught in this mess at Jay St. 4 c.png trains came then finally an a.png train that was insanely crowded

Another derailment (I mentioned it in the random thoughts thread)

Due to a derailment at Hoyt-Schermerhorn, the following service changes are in effect:

g.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

There is no g.png train service between Bergen St and Bedford-Nostrand Avs in both directions.