Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

Service Change  Posted: 07/24/2015  4:37PM 

Due to switch problems at Rockaway Pkwy, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no l.png trains between Livonia Av and Rockaway Pkwy.

Some southbound l.png trains terminate at Rockaway Pkwy.

As an alternative, customer can take the B60 bus.

Allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 8 St-NYU, the following service changes are in effect:

Northbound (N) and (Q) trains are running on the® line from DeKalb Av to Canal St.

trains are running local between Canal St and 34 St-Herald Square in both directions.

Expect delays on northbound(N) , (Q) and® train service.

2 hours this train has been there .Also there was something else at the same location earlier this week.Maybe I should avoid that area

I just bailed and went over to the (D). I should make it a habit to get off at 36 Street every time that switch the (N) to the local track.

Delays  Posted: 07/25/2015  2:12PM 

Due to FDNY activity at Mets-Willets Pt, there is no 7.png train service between Flushing-Main St and Mets-Willets Pt.

As an alternative, customers are advised to take Q48 bus making nearby station stops.

Delays  Posted: 07/25/2015  2:23PM 

Due to track maintenance between Chambers St and 59 St-Columbus Circle, northbound a.pngc.png and e.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 07/25/2015  2:13PM 

Due to signal problems at 9 Av (BKLYN), northbound d.png and n.png trains are running with delays.

Delays  Posted: 07/25/2015  2:12PM 

Due to signal problems at 7 Av (BKLYN), some northbound f.png trains are running express from Church Av to Smith-9 Sts.

Northbound f.png and g.png trains are running with delays.

Service Change

Posted: 07/27/2015 3:03PM

Due to an NYPD investigation at 103 St, southbound (C) trains are bypassing 103 St.

EDIT:

Service Change

Posted: 07/27/2015 3:19PM

Due to an NYPD Activity at 103 St, southbound (B) and (C) trains are bypassing 103 St.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Due to an investigation at 137th Street-City College station, uptown (1) trains are running express to 145th Street from 96th Street. As an alternative, take the M104 at 96th Street until 125th Street, and transfer there for the M4.

UPDATE: On an R62 (1) train I'm on as a speak, the conductor said there is a track fire at 137th Street station.

Service Change  Posted: 07/31/2015  6:17PM 

Due to FDNY activity at Coney Island-Stillwell Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no q.png train service between Brighton Beach and Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Some southbound q.png trains terminate at DeKalb AvProspect ParkKings Hwy or Brighton Beach.

q.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

As an alternative, customers can take the B68 bus.

Due to a water main break on Flatbush Av and St Marks Pl, 2.png, 3.png, 4.png, 5.png, b.png and q.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

At first I thought it was a huge water main break stretching all the way from Brooklyn to Lower East Side. 

Due to an NYPD investigation of a customer injury at Grand St, d.png trains are running on the f.png line in both directions between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and W 4 St-Washington Square.

Some southbound f.png trains are terminating at 2 Av.

Expect delays on d.png and f.png train service in both directions.

Allow additonal travel time.

Due to switch problems at Essex St, the following service are in effect:

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the a.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay St-MetroTech.

Broad St bound j.png trains are terminating at Broadway Junction or Marcy Av

j.png shuttle train service is operating between Essex St and Broad St in both directions.

There is no m.png train service between B'way-Lafayette St and Myrtle Av in both directions.

m.png shuttle train service operating Myrtle Av and Middle Village-Metropolitan Av in both directions.

Why they have to reroute some of the (F) via the (A) line? This is a huge mess. B39 bus might be already packed. They need to send out shuttle buses from Marcy to Essex making a link. I bet the (L) is also crowded right now. 

Due to switch problems at Essex St, the following service are in effect:

Some southbound f.png trains are running on the a.png line from W 4 St-Washington Sq to Jay St-MetroTech.

Broad St bound j.png trains are terminating at Broadway Junction or Marcy Av

j.png shuttle train service is operating between Essex St and Broad St in both directions.

There is no m.png train service between B'way-Lafayette St and Myrtle Av in both directions.

m.png shuttle train service operating Myrtle Av and Middle Village-Metropolitan Av in both directions.

Why they have to reroute some of the (F) via the (A) line? This is a huge mess. B39 bus might be already packed. They need to send out shuttle buses from Marcy to Essex making a link. I bet the (L) is also crowded right now.

they are sending the (F) via the (A) because some (M) trains are terminating at 2 ave nice to have the (V) back

That doesn't make any sense. The (M) can terminate at 2nd Ave. without affecting the (F); it's essentially the same thing; the (M) still diverges or merges at the same point; just a different switch. 

It must be those switches themselves that are the problem (at 2AV, not Essex, actually), and it says the (M) is going to Bway Laf. not 2nd Av. Don't know how they would turn at Bway-Laf without going to 2nd Av. or the express tracks (getting in the way of the (B)(D)), so I wonder if they may actually be going to Jay St. and turning past there somewhere, and then going back into service at Bway Laf.

That doesn't make any sense. The (M) can terminate at 2nd Ave. without affecting the (F); it's essentially the same thing; the (M) still diverges or merges at the same point; just a different switch.

It must be those switches themselves that are the problem (at 2AV, not Essex, actually), and it says the (M) is going to Bway Laf. not 2nd Av. Don't know how they would turn at Bway-Laf without going to 2nd Av. or the express tracks (getting in the way of the (B)(D)), so I wonder if they may actually be going to Jay St. and turning past there somewhere, and then going back into service at Bway Laf.

It does make sense the (F) can be delayed if the (M) goes to 2 ave look at the review of (F) line service from back in 2009 and read how (V) service was part of the reason why the (F) was prone to delays and get back to me

Due to track maintenance between Queens Plaza and Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer e.png, f.png, m.png and r.png trains are running with delays in both directions.

Allow additonal travel time.

I'm wondering are they doing the maintenance on the express track and/or local tracks? 

I thought the (M) turning at 2nd ave wouldnt affect the (F) either, at least until my (F) got stuck between 47-50 and 42nd for 15 minutes around 915 this morning. Seems like there was some congestion.

It does make sense the (F) can be delayed if the (M) goes to 2 ave look at the review of (F) line service from back in 2009 and read how (V) service was part of the reason why the (F) was prone to delays and get back to me

Didn't the (V) ran less frequently like the current (M) does though? I doubt the (F) was delayed by trains originating/terminating at 2 Av.

Earlier tonight there was a 6 train BIE at 28th then a little later at Canal St.Who wants to bet it was the same train?

Even if it was ,they weren't rerouting on (A) or (C) back then so why now.Its worse to do that.

I thought the (M) turning at 2nd ave wouldnt affect the (F) either, at least until my (F) got stuck between 47-50 and 42nd for 15 minutes around 915 this morning. Seems like there was some congestion.

Was probably more then that.Sounds like there were signal issues and what not.