Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

This is so full of errors, it's an embarrassment!  I guess this person doesn't know that the B and D do not stop at Canal Street.  And they don't know the R is rerouted over the bridge on weekends.  And don't know the B doesn't run on weekends either. 

Service Change  Posted: 05/31/2014 10:41PM

Due to police investigation of customer injury at Bowling Green, southbound 4.png and 5.png trains are terminating at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

As an alternate, customers can transfer at Canal St for b.png, d.png, n.png or q.png train service into Brooklyn.

Allow additional travel time.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted: 06/03/2014 7:13PM

MTA Service Notice 

Service Change  Posted: 06/03/2014  7:13PM 

Due to track debris at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, northbound r.png trains are running express from 36 St (BKLYN) to Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr.

Customers are advised to transfer to a southbound r.png train at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, making all missed station stops.

Posted: 06/04/2014 7:32PM

Service Change  Posted: 06/04/2014  7:32PM 

Due to NYPD activity at Grand Central-42 St, there are no 7.png trains running between Hunters Point Av and Times Sq-42 St.

Why does something urge me to say it was a 12-9 because the platforms are crowded?

Posted: 06/04/2014 6:16PM

Service Change  Posted: 06/04/2014  6:16PM 

Due to signal problems at 49 St, some southbound q.png trains are bypassing 49 St.

Posted: 06/04/2014 7:49PM

Service Change  Posted: 06/04/2014  7:49PM 

Due to a rail condition between Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs and DeKalb Av, there is no l.png train service between Lorimer St and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avs in both directions.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

Service Change  Posted: 06/04/2014  9:00PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 9 Av, northbound d.png trains are running on the n.png line from Coney Island-Stillwell Avto 36 St (BKLYN).

Service Change  Posted: 06/04/2014  8:54PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Newkirk Av, there is no 2.png and 5.png train service between Church Av and Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College in both directions.

As a alternative, customers are advised to use the B44 bus.

Service Change  Posted: 06/04/2014  9:57PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Newkirk Av, there is no 2.png train service between Franklin Av and Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College in both directions.

Some southbound 2.png trains are running on the 4.png line from Franklin Av to Utica Av.

Some southbound 2.png trains are running on the 3.png line from Franklin Av to New Lots Av.

As an alternative customers are advised to use the B44 bus.

So here's what i saw today:

All southbound:

3 (C) s via 8th Avenue Express

1 (B) via 8th Avenue Local

2 (D) s via 8th Avenue Local

1 (E) via 8th Avenue Express

Buncha normal (E) trains via local

1 (F) via 8th Avenue Local

2 (M) s via 8th Avenue EXPRESS (I WONDER WHERE THEY WENT)

1 (M) via 8th Avenue Local

No special (A) trains tho :'(  I saw 2 R160 (C) trains and rode one of them going express, mad speed.

All due to an investigation at 34th Street-Herald Square.

Edited by TrainFanInfinity

All southbound:

No special (A) trains tho :'(  I saw 2 R160 (C) trains and rode one of them going express, mad speed.

I grabbed an R160 (C) Express at Canal St, but then it changed into an (M) Express, terminating at Euclid. It was Foam City.

Wait wut? Is there an announcement/program for that? Plus why would a (C) change to an (M)? I thought it would terminate at World Trade Center or change to an (A).

I think it was originally an (M) that got diverted, and was only signed up as a (C) Express for a short period of time. But when the board rebooted, it started from the beginning of the line, going 6th ave local to Jay St, then diverting to Fulton Lcl. It also didn't help passenger confusion when the T/O announced at every station that it was in fact an (M) train. One would think at that point, you would just call it a (C). They were also sending a (D) via Culver when I passed through Jay St. Must've been a hell of a police investigation.

All southbound:

I was on the (F) that was backed up at West 4th. None of us knew why we were just sitting there. There was a (B) across the platform that was emptied out. At first, I thought I heard an announcement about this being something to do with the (M) , but then I asked an (MTA) employee what happened and he told me there was no power and there was, indeed, an investigation at 34th. He also said the trains weren't moving and to go upstairs for service. I took the liberty of going car to car to notify people and then, out of nowhere, we took off and continued on.

Wait wut? Is there an announcement/program for that? Plus why would a (C) change to an (M)? I thought it would terminate at World Trade Center or change to an (A).

There are announcement programs for almost any service pattern available in the B Division.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it in my opinion.

There are announcement programs for almost any service pattern available in the B Division.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it in my opinion.

Yep, unless you want to run an (F) via 53 St and then local in Queens. There's no program for that. But there is a program for turning at Ft Hamilton Parkway for some reason......

Yep, unless you want to run an (F) via 53 St and then local in Queens. There's no program for that. But there is a program for turning at Ft Hamilton Parkway for some reason......

So did they ever add that (J) to Metropolitan program, or what...

Posted: 06/13/2014 3:48PM

MTA Service Notice 

Service Change  Posted: 06/13/2014  3:48PM 

Due to FDNY activity at Chambers St, the following service changes are in effect:

a.png trains are running on the f.png line from Jay St- MetroTech to W 4 St-Washington Square in both directions.

a.png trains are running on the d.png line from W 4 St- Washington Square to 59 St-Columbus Circle in both directions.  

Southbound c.png trains are running on the e.png line to World Trade Center. 

Northbound c.png train service has been suspended.

This was earlier.