Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound (E) trains are running local from Jackosn Hts-Roosevelt Av to Queens Plaza.

Southbound (F) trains are running local from Jackosn Hts-Roosevelt Av to 21 St-Queensbridge.

Allow additional travel time.

Right away there is a problem

Due to a train with mechanical problems at 65 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Southbound (E) trains are running local from Jackosn Hts-Roosevelt Av to Queens Plaza.

Southbound (F) trains are running local from Jackosn Hts-Roosevelt Av to 21 St-Queensbridge.

Right away there is a problem

I wonder if this really was related. It would seem to have to be. 

There's no southbound express service on that track for the next two weeks, nights and weekends at least. 

I'd imagine that they did what they had to do in order to get service running - but that segment of track probably still needs a bunch of work. 

On top of that there are switch problems at Church Avenue in Brooklyn on the Culver Viaduct further mitigating the delays.

Not trying to nitpick but I think you said the opposite of what you mean - switch problems on culver would exacerbate the delays. 

I wonder if this really was related. It would seem to have to be.

There's no southbound express service on that track for the next two weeks, nights and weekends at least.

I'd imagine that they did what they had to do in order to get service running - but that segment of track probably still needs a bunch of work.

I'm sure it was related it later said debris.Probobaly something related.What do you mean it's shut down the next 2 weeks?

I'm sure it was related it later said debris.Probobaly something related.What do you mean it's shut down the next 2 weeks?

It looks like they've removed a few of the service changes, but Express service HAD been planned to be curtailed late nights and weekends on the QBL for a while. Here are the service changes that remain, will be interesting to see if they stick around. 

(F) Coney Island-bound trains make local stops at 65 St, Northern Blvd, 46 St, Steinway St and 36 St 

Late Nights, 12:01 AM to 5 AM, Tue to Fri, May 6 - 9  •  May 13 - 16  •  May 20 - 23 

(E) Trains run local in both directions between Queens Plaza and 71 Av 

Weekend, 12:30 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, May 10 - 12 

Trains stop at 36 St, Steinway St, 46 St, Northern Blvd, 65 St, 

Elmhurst, Grand Avs, Woodhaven Blvd, 63 Dr and 67 Av. 

(F) Trains run local in Queens 

Weekend, 12:30 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, May 10 - 12 

Trains stop at 36 St, Steinway St, 46 St, Northern Blvd, 65 St, 

Elmhurst, Grand Avs, Woodhaven Blvd, 63 Dr and 67 Av. 

Edited by itmaybeokay

Posted: 05/09/2014 4:03PM

MTA Service Notice 

Service Change  Posted: 05/09/2014  4:03PM 

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Brooklyn Bridge, the following service changes are in effect: 

Some southbound 4.png and 5.png trains terminate at Brooklyn Bridge.

Some southbound 5.png trains terminate at Grand Central- 42 St.

Some northbound 4.png trains terminate at Bowling Green and Wall St.

Northbound 5.png trains are running via the 2.png line from Nevins St to 149 St- Grand Concourse.

12-9 on the Lex at 59th. I was on the northbound (5) which was directly impacted. As always expect a suspension of northbound express service. Some (4)(5) trains will run local and other (5) trains will run via the (2). Expect heavy delays on the Lex local as for at least the next hour all passengers will need it.

12-9 on the Lex at 59th. I was on the northbound (5) which was directly impacted. As always expect a suspension of northbound express service. Some (4)(5) trains will run local and other (5) trains will run via the (2). Expect heavy delays on the Lex local as for at least the next hour all passengers will need it.

I left work at 3pm and Bowling Green was really crowded. I took the (1) at South Ferry, got off at Chambers and saw a rerouted (5) via 7th Av Exp. I don't know if this is true, but someone mentioned that a passenger pulled the emergency brake and all passengers had to leave the train and wait for the next one 20 minutes later.

I left work at 3pm and Bowling Green was really crowded. I took the (1) at South Ferry, got off at Chambers and saw a rerouted (5) via 7th Av Exp. I don't know if this is true, but someone mentioned that a passenger pulled the emergency brake and all passengers had to leave the train and wait for the next one 20 minutes later.

There should have been mob justice.

What is going on today on Lex...

Service Change Posted: 05/09/2014 6:16PM

Due to NYPD activity at 14 St-Union Sq, northbound (6) trains are running express from 14 St-Union Sq to Grand Central-42 St.

At least no derailment but the 12-9 was bad enough.

Edited by Abba

If the investigation at Union is another 12-9 then there's two on the Lex in a matter of hours. I don't think anything earlier than 4pm had to do with the 12-9 I posted. The (5) 12-9 at 59th occured less than 20 minutes before I posted here. As I said I was on the train to know. 

The MTA website has "good service" listed systemwide ATM. How long will this last?

Edited by JubaionBx12+SBS