What is your least favourite LIRR/MNRR station?

Vistausss

In contrast to "What is your least favourite subway station": what is your least favourite LIRR/MNRR station?

My take (note that I still need to go to NYC some day, so I'll base it off of pics and vids):

LIRR: Auburndale 'cause it can't fit all cars 'cause of the short platforms.

MNRR: Glenbrook 'cause it just screams "OVERHAUL!".

East New York station looks awesome. The arches next to the platforms are awesome.

if you like serious urban decay then i guess its a perfect station lol

as for Metro North, I forget what Williams Bridge looked like, is that the one with the mystery ramp to nowhere? I know Melrose looks pretty bad.

let me guess the LI drunks

Pretty much. It seems that whenever I find myself in that station, it's Friday or Saturday night...and we all know how those Long Beach trains get on the weekends. I'd rather leave from Flatbush and deal with the idiocy for 10 minutes than listen to it for 35.

if you like serious urban decay then i guess its a perfect station lol

It's probably one of the best preserved stations in the system.

Pretty much. It seems that whenever I find myself in that station, it's Friday or Saturday night...and we all know how those Long Beach trains get on the weekends. I'd rather leave from Flatbush and deal with the idiocy for 10 minutes than listen to it for 35.

It's probably one of the best preserved stations in the system.

preserved yes, restored no. They really need to clean that station up, putting in more lighting would be a huge improvement.

Jamaica station in Queens--it just too nice.

If I was walking around Jamaica and then stumbled upon the railroad station, my immediate thought would be: how can this possibly exist here?

LIRR - NYP, I hate the fact that you don't know what track the train is gonna come on until like 10 minutes before departure, then a mass of people rush to that track to board the train, I have the same beef with riding NJT out of that station.

Part of the reason I prefer GCT as a rider, you know what track the train will leave from well in advance.

As for MN, I don't really have a least favorite, however I'm not too fond of taking a train outta the lower level of GCT though, upper level FTW.

Yeah Lower Level sucks. Also Willamsbridge isn't that bad. Also nobody here has anything to say about Hunterspoint? There was a breeze, and the shelters started creaking and swaying. Not to mention it's way to quiet over there. And the whole station had a "people pee here" feel to it. (Ironically there wasn't any)

Yeah Lower Level sucks. Also Willamsbridge isn't that bad. Also nobody here has anything to say about Hunterspoint? There was a breeze, and the shelters started creaking and swaying. Not to mention it's way to quiet over there. And the whole station had a "people pee here" feel to it. (Ironically there wasn't any)

Hunterspoint isnt that bad, at least the area around it is somewhat decent, and you got a good connection to the Subway

Please, FB has the best connection... you just go up one set of stairs. ENY is also one of the most unique stations in the system, compared to the bland monotonous stations that abound all of Long Island.

NYP is by far the worst. The destruction of the old station was a mistake, no matter what way you put it.

New York Penn, I can't really say anything because it's a major station and carries Amtrak and NJTransit, and the LIRR Restroom is surprisingly the cleanest in the whole complex and photography from the platform is great on every LIRR Platform. Same from Jamaica minus the Restroom and Amtrak and NJTransit. Despite the destruction, NYP gets a positive score.

ENY has a seriously unsafe feel to it, despite the arches and architecture, still the overall quality spells it's ghetto and in a dangerous gangster hood, not to mention the station is located under a subway line and under a roadway. But, that's my opinion and feel. If it was in Manhattan or anywhere but ghetto and not under any roadway or such, I'd be all fine for it.

Williamsbridge is far worse than Hunterspoint by a 100 mile, I don't even know why does that station even exist with those ramps to nowhere.

Hunterspoint, despite it's poor station condition still has some good : Decent Area, Good Access, Food/Drink Cart and Waiting Rooms that could see potential, It's a peak hour station anyways.

Williamsbridge is far worse than Hunterspoint by a 100 mile, I don't even know why does that station even exist with those ramps to nowhere.

Hunterspoint, despite it's poor station condition still has some good : Decent Area, Good Access, Food/Drink Cart and Waiting Rooms that could see potential, It's a peak hour station anyways.

Really? Guess I just haven't been paying attention.

Really? Guess I just haven't been paying attention.

LOL, I've seen people doing Illegal stuff in there and those ramps are good for trespassers.

As for Hunterspoint, I see a modern state of the art facility that could be built while mocking it's current layout, just need to work on my Photoshop and rendering skills. And a lot of people from Manhattan uses that station after work. plus it's much more important than Long Island City Station.

• 2 weeks later...

In contrast to "What is your least favourite subway station": what is your least favourite LIRR/MNRR station?

My take (note that I still need to go to NYC some day, so I'll base it off of pics and vids):

LIRR: Auburndale 'cause it can't fit all cars 'cause of the short platforms.

If that's your only reason for hating Auburndale, look at Murray Hill. You should hate that one instead of Auburndale. Auburndale has some good scenery on its platform.

• 1 month later...

Archived